Monica Lewinsky wants Beyoncé lyric about her changed in "Partition"

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:52 am Does anyone still cares about Monica Lewinsky?
Yeap. To be fair, it is still pretty common for people to use her name synonymously with oral S*x, ejaculation stains, etc. She has always been a good sport about it, so I don't think a lot of people realized that its offensive to her. I don't look at this as shade towards Beyonce...more like she is tired of dealing with it after nearly two decades.

I think that she should let the world know how she feels about it because she has been the punchline of some very vulgar jokes for much too long.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:03 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:52 am Does anyone still cares about Monica Lewinsky?
Yeap. To be fair, it is still pretty common for people to use her name synonymously with oral S*x, ejaculation stains, etc. She has always been a good sport about it, so I don't think a lot of people realized that its offensive to her. I don't look at this as shade towards Beyonce...more like she is tired of dealing with it after nearly two decades.

I think that she should let the world know how she feels about it because she has been the punchline of some very vulgar jokes for much too long.

Almost three decades which is crazy! I think that women who were adults, especially young adults, at that time connect more with Lewinsky than women who were young children or not even born at that time.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:53 pm

Almost three decades which is crazy! I think that women who were adults, especially young adults, at that time connect more with Lewinsky than women who were young children or not even born at that time.
Shit! It has been almost 30 years!!!! Where the hell did the time ago!!?? I was a teenager back then and it is different looking at it through adult eyes.

I get that backlash over affairs comes with the territory but 3 decades after taking responsibility for a mistake she made?????

I’d want to be left alone too.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I guess I live under a bit of a rock because I didn't know her name was even used in that way. I remember the scandal itself, I was in my last year of college at the time, and I know she was talked about for some time, but I never knew her name became a synonym for those things.

But then, I also still don't quite get the use of the word "shade" in the way you used it here so yeah, that tells you where I'm at. lol
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lewinsky considers herself Patient Zero in what became an epidemic of internet shaming. She has some interesting insights into the role of social media in society.
Locked Previous topicNext topic