Is the Cracker Barrel menu getting 'woke'? Meat eaters rage on Facebook over addition of Impossible sausage

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

There’s not enough time in the day to care what Cracker Barrel is serving for breakfast…
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The reaction against vegetarian options and against the word "woke" are the same - a knee-jerk rejection of the idea of caring.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:36 am There’s not enough time in the day to care what Cracker Barrel is serving for breakfast…
Maybe for you, but obviously it triggered some.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:24 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:36 am There’s not enough time in the day to care what Cracker Barrel is serving for breakfast…
I’m kinda triggered. That impossible meat has more calories than a substitute has a right to. I like it but I might as well go to Turkey sausage or forego it altogether. 😀
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:09 pm The reaction against vegetarian options and against the word "woke" are the same - a knee-jerk rejection of the idea of caring.
You honestly believe that those opposed to or tired of the word "woke" are rejecting the idea of caring? How so and in your own words (versus quotes or links)?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:24 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:24 pm
I’m kinda triggered. That impossible meat has more calories than a substitute has a right to. I like it but I might as well go to Turkey sausage or forego it altogether. 😀
You don't fit the definition of triggered by this. Those are the ones who either can't understand and comprehend another sausage option. I'm left smh over the "outrage".
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It's just stupid that anyone would bitch about additional options on a menu. It has nothing to do with being "woke," a term I'm sick of hearing because idiots are griping about it. People can just get over it. Why would it be a bad thing for a restaurant to offer options?
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:30 am
SallyMae wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:09 pm The reaction against vegetarian options and against the word "woke" are the same - a knee-jerk rejection of the idea of caring.
You honestly believe that those opposed to or tired of the word "woke" are rejecting the idea of caring? How so and in your own words (versus quotes or links)?
Woke means caring about systemic racism. What is there to be opposed to?
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:59 am It's just stupid that anyone would bitch about additional options on a menu. It has nothing to do with being "woke," a term I'm sick of hearing because idiots are griping about it. People can just get over it. Why would it be a bad thing for a restaurant to offer options?
This isn't just any option. No one would complain, or call it woke, if the new option was a steak between two fried chicken breasts with bacon.

The problem is that vegetarian options imply care - for one's health, for animals, for the environment - which the complainers do not want to think about, because it might find them wanting.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:54 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:30 am
Woke means caring about systemic racism. What is there to be opposed to?
In the context of THIS thread about Cracker Barrel, where is the systemic racism? Even the thread title uses the word "woke," yet nothing in this thread pertains to racism.

It's the labeling that continues to be taken out of context and away from the actual intent of the word, whatever that word may be.

Being woke to systemic racism IS a good thing and you're right....what is the opposition?

Yet what does that have to do with whiners who don't like that CB now offers impossible sausage? How does being woke apply to that?
Locked Previous topicNext topic