YMCA bans grandma after she demanded transgender staff member leave women's locker room

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 2053

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:10 am The grandma assumed the staff member was transgender by the voice. Some women do have a deeper masculine voice by nature. So she assumed this person’s status. Furthermore it’s one thing to be concerned about a biological male being in a bathroom. Its another to accuse a transgender female of doing horrible things to children in graphic language. Grandma could have filed a complaint or spoke discreetly to another staff member. Instead she caused a scene and rightly was removed. Do you want your little girl to hear that a staff member might rape her? That’s basically what this woman said. And so she was removed. There’s a right and a wrong way to do things.
Thank you for summarizing the situation up more clearly Pjmm. If this grandmother used foul language, then yes she should have been removed from the gym, especially if their were children within the facility area where this grandma was at. I will agree with everyone on that, including I will agree with you. Foul language is bad enough, but it should only be used in doors within ones own personal living space, and not around other people. I still don't think she should have been permanently forever banned though, maybe just a short term ban at best. I think there is a lot of frustration right now as it is in this country with people fed up with what feels like leftist agenda's being forced down all our throats and maybe this woman (grandma) just got to her breaking point when she thought she heard a man in the locker room area. I just thought I'd put that possible epiphany out in the open. No ill will agenda intended by this thought I just shared.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Women who are biologically male (and men who are biologically female) have been using the restroom of their identified gender since forever. The only reason we are now aware is because it is now being legislated and transgender men and women (and girls and boys) are able to pee, poo, shower, and change without fear of legal consequences.

I would assume the vast majority of parents whose young children are in swim class, are aware and comfortable with the staff at the pool and I would equally assume that the woman knows this.

Both men and women can be pedophiles so protections and policies should be in place to protect children.The policy at this pool is a good one and one I would demand if I were the parent of a young child - children were taken into the common changing room as a group rather than individually into a single changing room.

I understand being surprised and uncomfortable and she was free to chose a single or family changing room for future visits to the YMCA pool. What she wasn't free to do is be extremely disrespectful and discriminatory to staff. As was written in the article posted, this was not the first time the woman broke the rules but it looks as if it will be the last time. If she was a repeat offender, she should have been banned.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

I have no idea who you are or what you’ve posted.

I’m replying to the post itself.

“overseeing a group of young girls during their bathroom time”
Angelgirl4478 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:06 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:04 am Watching them during their bathroom time?

That’s creepy as all hell.
If your referring to something I said, I didn't say I watch anyone during their bathroom time. Where did I say that? I specifically said that "No one should be watching anyone in the bathroom while they are in the bathroom" in reference to my thoughts that if transgender people are possibly pedophiles of course they want to use the other gender bathroom so they can do sick things such as that.
Deleted User 2053

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:32 am I have no idea who you are or what you’ve posted.

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:04 am Watching them during their bathroom time?

If your referring to something I said, I didn't say I watch anyone during their bathroom time. Where did I say that? I specifically said that "No one should be watching anyone in the bathroom while they are in the bathroom" in reference to my thoughts that if transgender people are possibly pedophiles of course they want to use the other gender bathroom so they can do sick things such as that.
Oh sorry. Some overly obsessed person with me in this posts has been going at me and harassing me for hours on end now and I am shook up over it. I again apologize.
Paganprincess
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:32 am I have no idea who you are or what you’ve posted.

You've never taken a group of kids to the bathroom and stood on the outside of the stalls and made sure everyone got to use the bathroom and wash their hands? We can assume that this person was the swim instructor for a class and was probably responsible for them during class time. So it's not unusual for her to stand in the locker room and make sure everyone is good to go.
Paganprincess
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Angelgirl4478 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:34 am

Oh sorry. Some overly obsessed person with me in this posts has been going at me and harassing me for hours on end now and I am shook up over it. I again apologize.
No one is harassing you. Someone disagreeing with you and replying back to you isn't harassment. That's call a conversation. You didn't like that you got disagreed with and that set you off.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I’ve worked summer camp multiple times and had the duty to “oversee” bathroom time: meaning standing outside the stalls to make sure they used the bathroom, flushed, washed hands etc.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

No… I haven’t. That’s creepy and a red flag unless these are like toddlers. I have three kids that have done plenty of classes At gyms, ymcas, sports ect. And no one has ever followed them inside of the bathrooms when they’re going. Not me as a parent, not any of the coaches or instructors, no one.

Pixieprincess wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:44 am

You've never taken a group of kids to the bathroom and stood on the outside of the stalls and made sure everyone got to use the bathroom and wash their hands? We can assume that this person was the swim instructor for a class and was probably responsible for them during class time. So it's not unusual for her to stand in the locker room and make sure everyone is good to go.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Deleted User 2053 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:17 am
Pjmm wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:10 am The grandma assumed the staff member was transgender by the voice. Some women do have a deeper masculine voice by nature. So she assumed this person’s status. Furthermore it’s one thing to be concerned about a biological male being in a bathroom. Its another to accuse a transgender female of doing horrible things to children in graphic language. Grandma could have filed a complaint or spoke discreetly to another staff member. Instead she caused a scene and rightly was removed. Do you want your little girl to hear that a staff member might rape her? That’s basically what this woman said. And so she was removed. There’s a right and a wrong way to do things.
Thank you for summarizing the situation up more clearly Pjmm. If this grandmother used foul language, then yes she should have been removed from the gym, especially if their were children within the facility area where this grandma was at. I will agree with everyone on that, including I will agree with you. Foul language is bad enough, but it should only be used in doors within ones own personal living space, and not around other people. I still don't think she should have been permanently forever banned though, maybe just a short term ban at best. I think there is a lot of frustration right now as it is in this country with people fed up with what feels like leftist agenda's being forced down all our throats and maybe this woman (grandma) just got to her breaking point when she thought she heard a man in the locker room area. I just thought I'd put that possible epiphany out in the open. No ill will agenda intended by this thought I just shared.
Thank you, but I really don’t care who’s fed up with what. I’m fed up with the state of the country too but you don’t see me going about swearing and cursing at innocent people. For all Grandma knew this was a woman with a masculine voice. Again, being concerned is fine. Being a low down bitch isn’t and this inability to speak politely is what’s wrong with us right now.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:50 am No… I haven’t. That’s creepy and a red flag unless these are like toddlers. I have three kids that have done plenty of classes At gyms, ymcas, sports ect. And no one has ever followed them inside of the bathrooms when they’re going. Not me as a parent, not any of the coaches or instructors, no one.

By the article it sounded like the girl needed help with her bathing suit. I think the Y could solve this problem like the boy scouts do. That is, no one adult can be with the children at any time. The adults have to be in pairs or be in view of others. I’ve seen an adult will tie or unhook something a child can’t reach on their clothes though . Again, having two adults present would solve some problems.
Pixieprincess wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:44 am

Locked Previous topicNext topic