MIL is having a tantrum because some of my kids can't make it to her birthday party

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Is she always this dramatic?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:23 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:15 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:17 am

Right. That means she became a grandma at age 36. OP how old were you and your DH when you had your first child? This is starting to stink...
I'm about to be 36 next year and my oldest will be 16 in Nov... At 36 i could very well be a gma. When i was about 10 or so i had a friend who's gma was 45.
LOL thank you for proving my point. Of course anyone that has a teen can become a grandma. But, you're not one. And being 45 is more reasonable than becoming a grandma at 36. If you are a grandma at age 36 you have majorly failed.
My child could still make a choice that could make me a grandma before I'm 36. I've raised her with sexual education but if she makes her own choices that is on her and in no way reflects on the parenting she got. You can teach your kids all you want but they will make their own choices and some of those might not be good ones.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:14 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:00 am
I'm not sure how this is relevant but She is going to be 61. Yes there is still a FIL. Both are in good health.
She's going to be 61 with a 25 yo grandchild?
Right. That means she became a grandma at age 36. OP how old were you and your DH when you had your first child? This is starting to stink...
It probably does stink but that being said I just met a lady who said her own mother was 14 when she had her. Now she has grandkids of her own. Idk her age though.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:23 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:15 am

I'm about to be 36 next year and my oldest will be 16 in Nov... At 36 i could very well be a gma. When i was about 10 or so i had a friend who's gma was 45.
LOL thank you for proving my point. Of course anyone that has a teen can become a grandma. But, you're not one. And being 45 is more reasonable than becoming a grandma at 36. If you are a grandma at age 36 you have majorly failed.
🙄 things happen. Unless you plan on locking your kids away until they are 18-20.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:02 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:06 am
Inmybizz wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:42 am What are the others doing on the day of the party? Does she have a party ever year?
Yes she does. One is working. One has tryouts and one will be out of state.
I can understand the tryout situation but I’m sure the other could have requested the day off or a different shift. My mom is 81 so the older she gets the more important bday celebrations become… I always tell my kid in advance so she can adjust her schedule.

If the kids don’t make it it won’t be the end of the world.
It is my son's weekend to work.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:10 am
Inmybizz wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:42 am What are the others doing on the day of the party? Does she have a party ever year?
So this is an every year thing and yet your kids still planned other things? The one right request off? The other one couldn't plan their trip for a different time? Why can't the one who has tryouts come after?
It was my son's weekend to work. The trip could not be rescheduled. We never know the exact date.... It isn't like she does it on her actual birthday unless it's on a Saturday. Tryouts run longer than the party.

My kids are allowed to have priorities that can come before their grandma's birthday. It is unrealistic for her to expect every grandchild at her birthday every single year. One of my kids is moving out of state soon so I doubt she will fly back just for grandmas birthday next year. It's a birthday party not some huge life event.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:09 pm Is she always this dramatic?
Not always but she has her moments.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:03 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:10 am

So this is an every year thing and yet your kids still planned other things? The one right request off? The other one couldn't plan their trip for a different time? Why can't the one who has tryouts come after?
It was my son's weekend to work. The trip could not be rescheduled. We never know the exact date.... It isn't like she does it on her actual birthday unless it's on a Saturday. Tryouts run longer than the party.

My kids are allowed to have priorities that can come before their grandma's birthday. It is unrealistic for her to expect every grandchild at her birthday every single year. One of my kids is moving out of state soon so I doubt she will fly back just for grandmas birthday next year. It's a birthday party not some huge life event.
Everyone could have asked her when she was doing her thing since y'all know it's normally on a Saturday. The working one could have called gma a few weeks in advance and asked so he/she could ask to not work that weekend. The person going on the trip could have called gma as well. I'll give you the try outs. The one moving out of state stupid definitely want to spend this bday with gma since you say they most likely won't come back to visit just for a bday. Id hate to be in your family. I'm glad my family cares about one another and being there for things they are important to one another.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:00 am

I can understand the tryout situation but I’m sure the other could have requested the day off or a different shift. My mom is 81 so the older she gets the more important bday celebrations become… I always tell my kid in advance so she can adjust her schedule.

I get it.. However with enough notification I’m sure he could have gotten it off, switched shifts with someone. I’m just saying.
Again, I’m sure all will survive.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:54 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:00 am

I get it.. However with enough notification I’m sure he could have gotten it off, switched shifts with someone. I’m just saying.
Again, I’m sure all will survive.
She will be fine. He couldn't switch weekends.
Locked Previous topicNext topic