New guy I am seeing is going away

MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Just curious as I am not familiar with the term... is "bike week" a motorcycle and music rally?

If so, are you questioning that he wants to go because the event is a singles party type of scene where he may be with other women?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Oh I'll be there too this September. I'm single. Maybe I'll run into him! Is he good looking?
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

He's only the "new guy" you're dating. Be careful that you don't become possessive of his time and then he becomes that "former man I dated a few times."
Anonymous 4

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:44 am Just curious as I am not familiar with the term... is "bike week" a motorcycle and music rally?

If so, are you questioning that he wants to go because the event is a singles party type of scene where he may be with other women?
It's a motorcycle thing and no it's not just for singles. There are venders and food and music and games. It's pretty family friendly for the most part. My husband sets up a tent for his store every year. I have vids of my daughter on the back of the Hail Mary's presidents bike doing a relay race. My dd had to pick up stuffed animals with a claw grabber while riding slow on the back of the bike. She's 11 and had a blast. We are all going next year, me and my oldest had to work that weekend.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:02 pm Yes.

Why shouldn’t/wouldn’t he go?
I just thought he would not not to be away from me.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:02 pm Why would you think his plans would suddenly change just because you started to date? Is he not supposed to have a life outside of your relationship? Is he allowed to have his own friends or is he only allowed to be friends with those you say are okay?
It's weird to be away from someone you just started dating
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Clearly, you're going to have to chain him to the radiator. Fix him a nice rabbit stew. He'll come around.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

You’re dating. You aren’t cleaved together at the hip. He is an adult who can make and keep vacation. Plans that don’t include you.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:27 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:02 pm Why would you think his plans would suddenly change just because you started to date? Is he not supposed to have a life outside of your relationship? Is he allowed to have his own friends or is he only allowed to be friends with those you say are okay?
During the first months of dating someone new it is a good idea to have less expectations and more observations. Notice how they choose to spend their time, how they treat others, how they resolve conflicts. That will tell you more about compatibility with someone rather than doing something to please you or make you feel good while dating.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:27 am
It's weird to expect to see them every day 24/7. You're dating, You aren't living together. You aren't married. He had a life before he started dating you. Do you expect him to give that up and spend all his free time with you? Stop being so possessive.
Locked Previous topicNext topic