DH doesn't get that OUR kids had a harder time!

chesterv
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:51 pm
chesterv wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:48 pm Why would your teenage step children’s presence in your home limit your ability to spend time with your younger children?
I was making sure that he understood that I'm not running around doing everything for everyone anymore.
He was also upset because I was planning to visit relatives.
So take your children and visit relatives without him. I’m still not understanding the problem.
Mammagoose
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would think your dh probably had the hardest time. I don't understand why this is an issue. Don't you typically spend more time with your young children than your step kids who are teens and becoming more independent?
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Guest wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:52 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:50 pm Why are your kids suffering? Get real. A situation happened, and now it's over. Move on.
My kids were more deeply influenced by my absence than anyone else.
Deeply influenced?? Lady you are putting yourself way too high on a pedestal. They will forget Mom was sick in 2 days. You are being ridiculous.
anonforever
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:50 pm Why are your kids suffering? Get real. A situation happened, and now it's over. Move on.
Oh Ffs you weren't in prison for ten years you were in the hospital for a week. Your kids are fine.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lol. You sound a bit out there.
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Oh, for God's sake, quit being so dramatic. Your kids are fine. You husband is an idiot, though. Who thinks a teen step child is more affected by a parent's hospitalization than a preschooler? Oh, yeah, only a complete idiot.
    Deleted User 638

Unread post

I understand your concern. It's a normal mom reaction. Your children are going to be fine though. They'll bounce back from any temporary insecurities. Too bad your husband's stupidity is not also temporary.
    Deleted User 670

Unread post

You are not his kids' mom. They are also older than your kids. Of course your kids had a harder time. It was their mom that was in the hospital. You married an idiot.
    FreshNap

Unread post

Give me a freaking break. Talk about over dramatics.
    Shell7m
    Duchess
    Duchess

Unread post

Unless your husband is a bad father then they didn't suffer. They missed you. After your step kids leave just spend some extra time with your kids. Don't make a big deal out of it.
    Locked Previous topicNext topic