MIL is having a tantrum because some of my kids can't make it to her birthday party

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:17 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:56 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:39 am What exactly are their other plans that are so much more important than their grandmothers birthday?
One is working, one has tryouts, and one is going on a trip with her boyfriend that has been planned for awhile.
A teenager can’t get a single day off work for an important family commitment? The tryouts last the entire length of the party?
It is his weekend to work. Tryouts will last longer than the party.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My DH & I have a written list of all these types of moments — so we can review it as elders to remind our aged brains “do not do these things & bring stress to the next generation” like our parents have done to us!!

The list is very long!
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Life happens and she can get over it. Period.
I don't know one older adult that throws themselves a birthday party...It just reeks of me, me, me.. A milestone that someone else throws? Sure..but that person throwing a party for themselves every year? Nah...
Teens are busy these days. Mine just left for work and won't be home until around 1 or so today. She has to teach 3 Karate classes this morning after taking her own class. Not all teens can just take off days willy nilly...especially when work or sports come into play.
Tell your MIL to stop being a prima donna and try to understand that things come up.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:25 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:56 am

One is working, one has tryouts, and one is going on a trip with her boyfriend that has been planned for awhile.
A teenager can’t get a single day off work for an important family commitment? The tryouts last the entire length of the party?
He’s a teenager, it’s one day, I’m sure that with enough notice he could have switched weekends.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:07 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:25 am

He’s a teenager, it’s one day, I’m sure that with enough notice he could have switched weekends.
He could not switch. Being a teenager doesn't mean that his job is not important.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

How old is MIL turning and is there still a FIL? How is her overall health.... physically and mentally?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:52 am How old is MIL turning and is there still a FIL? How is her overall health.... physically and mentally?
I'm not sure how this is relevant but She is going to be 61. Yes there is still a FIL. Both are in good health.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:00 am
AZOldCoot wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:52 am How old is MIL turning and is there still a FIL? How is her overall health.... physically and mentally?
I'm not sure how this is relevant but She is going to be 61. Yes there is still a FIL. Both are in good health.
She's going to be 61 with a 25 yo grandchild?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:14 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:00 am
She's going to be 61 with a 25 yo grandchild?
Right. That means she became a grandma at age 36. OP how old were you and your DH when you had your first child? This is starting to stink...
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Is the party also at 7am on a Thursday morning?
Locked Previous topicNext topic