I called the police and my neighbor was arrested

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:04 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:25 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:46 am

Even given the time of day I bet all the police would do is say “look you can’t shoot off fireworks.” But what op should’ve written is “I called the cops on bm…” 🤣
Where I used to live it was huge fines unless you were a repeat offender. They take it very seriously.
One time we had the cops called on us. They watched us do one and then said sorry but we got to shut you down. We complied. These were good old Florida boys and a long time ago though lol. Here it’s legal on certain holidays.
Well Florida isn't really at risk of bursting into flames because of the tiniest spark now is it. I was in the Sierra foothills in California and we could barely get homeowners insurance because the risk of fires is so high. Well we could get it because it was illegal to just cancel on people but everyone was getting notices that their rates were going up 4-10x what they were because of fires.
Unless you live in a wildfire area it's really hard to understand how seriously things are taken there. They have a group from the fire department whose only job is to go around and make sure you have proper clearance around your home or you'll get fined. You'll get ticketed if a trailer chain is dragging. Extra fines for throwing a cigarette out a car window. If you burn anything or use a lawnmower in dry grass you can be fined the entire cost of extinguishing the fire you cause. They don't mess around.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:16 pm

Where I used to live it was huge fines unless you were a repeat offender. They take it very seriously.
One time we had the cops called on us. They watched us do one and then said sorry but we got to shut you down. We complied. These were good old Florida boys and a long time ago though lol. Here it’s legal on certain holidays.
Well Florida isn't really at risk of bursting into flames because of the tiniest spark now is it. I was in the Sierra foothills in California and we could barely get homeowners insurance because the risk of fires is so high. Well we could get it because it was illegal to just cancel on people but everyone was getting notices that their rates were going up 4-10x what they were because of fires.
Unless you live in a wildfire area it's really hard to understand how seriously things are taken there. They have a group from the fire department whose only job is to go around and make sure you have proper clearance around your home or you'll get fined. You'll get ticketed if a trailer chain is dragging. Extra fines for throwing a cigarette out a car window. If you burn anything or use a lawnmower in dry grass you can be fined the entire cost of extinguishing the fire you cause. They don't mess around.
It's not Florida's problem that stupid humans decided to try to turn a desert into a livable habitat.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Good point. I didn’t notice that 😂
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:31 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:29 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:27 am

Ok it's 8:00 in the morning and the party is going on now? No.
It's 10:30 now and yes they were setting them off this morning starting at about 7 am which is a whole other issue in itself if you ask me.
The were having a big baby's 1st birthday party at 7am on a Thursday morning? LOLOLOL
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Right now I wouldn’t so much as want to light a cigarette in California. Yes out there one has to be careful. As far as throwing cigarette butts in general I’m cool with putting those people’s heads on spikes as a warning to others. Every time we do a water way or park cleanup the butts and beer cans is what we pick up most. Nothing to do with fire, although I did once burn my foot on a butt some idiot dropped at the beach. I was a kid then. I didn’t know you couldn’t mow though. It’s gotta suck.

But if it makes you feel slightly better we’re in the same boat with homeowners.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:22 pm

It's not Florida's problem that stupid humans decided to try to turn a desert into a livable habitat.
I didn't say it was I said it's a totally different consequence when you live somewhere that's prone to going up in flames.
And the sierras are not a desert. There's more to California than deserts you're being like a lot of people and thinking that southern California reflects the entire state. It doesn't.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:26 pm

Right now I wouldn’t so much as want to light a cigarette in California. Yes out there one has to be careful. As far as throwing cigarette butts in general I’m cool with putting those people’s heads on spikes as a warning to others. Every time we do a water way or park cleanup the butts and beer cans is what we pick up most. Nothing to do with fire, although I did once burn my foot on a butt some idiot dropped at the beach. I was a kid then. I didn’t know you couldn’t mow though. It’s gotta suck.

But if it makes you feel slightly better we’re in the same boat with homeowners.
Which state do you live in? I moved out of there and I'm still getting used to not scanning the horizon for smoke when I drive and not listening for fire planes or helicopters. People here are like wait how do you just know from the sound it's a fire plane and I'm like I don't know! I just do!
You can mow green grass but then again there's not enough water to keep the grass green so...
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:22 pm

I think it’s more a climate change problem. Yeah it’s still stupid humans but they’re based all over the world. California has presumably always had wild fire problems. They’re worsening though thanks to drought.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:30 pm

Which state do you live in? I moved out of there and I'm still getting used to not scanning the horizon for smoke when I drive and not listening for fire planes or helicopters. People here are like wait how do you just know from the sound it's a fire plane and I'm like I don't know! I just do!
You can mow green grass but then again there's not enough water to keep the grass green so...
I’m in Florida. Grass is dry now but not flammable. I’ve been through droughts but ours are usually an overpopulation problem. Like south Florida isn’t meant for the population we have. What we worry about where I am is discharges from Lake Okeechobee (they don’t want to strain the dykes) into our rivers or the west coast. They cause algae which causes respiratory illness and kills wildlife. Also not good for drinking water.
Bubelah
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:35 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:30 pm

I’m in Florida. Grass is dry now but not flammable. I’ve been through droughts but ours are usually an overpopulation problem. Like south Florida isn’t meant for the population we have. What we worry about where I am is discharges from Lake Okeechobee (they don’t want to strain the dykes) into our rivers or the west coast. They cause algae which causes respiratory illness and kills wildlife. Also not good for drinking water.
Please don't strain the dykes. They really don't like it. :)
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LOL!

3/10
Locked Previous topicNext topic