My kids want to stop going to their grandparents house

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My ex and I broke up when I was 8 months pregnant. I found out he was on drugs. He moved in with his parents and went in and out of rehab. I refused to leave him alone with my kids and I trust my ex in laws so I didnt have a problem with it.

Eventually my ex was maybe clean... he moved out on his own. He wanted the kids to come see him at his house. I said no... only at his parents when they were there. At first he would go visit the kids but then it got less and less. Now they spend the weekend with my ex in laws once a month.

Recently my kids have stopped wanting to go over to their grandparent house. I called and told them the kids are not coming this weekend. They are very upset and angry. They said I had no right to just take the kids away like that.

Of course I have that right. I am their mother and I have full legal and physical custody. The kids went there because they wanted to, not because they had to. They have no legal rights to my children and they were lucky to get to see them so much. Not all grandparents get to have a sleep over with their grandchildren once a month. When they brought up grandparent rights I just hung up. They can't get rights but I am not going to even entertain that conversation.

I am not going to force my kids to go there. If they want to I am 100% okay with that but I won't force it. They need to learn to deal with it. I know the kids have brought up not wanting to go there once a month before with them I tried to talk to them about it a couple times but they ignored it. This isn't some huge surprise that the kids have been wanting to change up going over there.

Eta: they are 12. There isn't a big official reason they don't want to go anymore.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Why don't they want to go there?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I also want to know why they don’t want to go over there.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:24 am My ex and I broke up when I was 8 months pregnant. I found out he was on drugs. He moved in with his parents and went in and out of rehab. I refused to leave him alone with my kids and I trust my ex in laws so I didnt have a problem with it.

Eventually my ex was maybe clean... he moved out on his own. He wanted the kids to come see him at his house. I said no... only at his parents when they were there. At first he would go visit the kids but then it got less and less. Now they spend the weekend with my ex in laws once a month.

Recently my kids have stopped wanting to go over to their grandparent house. I called and told them the kids are not coming this weekend. They are very upset and angry. They said I had no right to just take the kids away like that.

Of course I have that right. I am their mother and I have full legal and physical custody. The kids went there because they wanted to, not because they had to. They have no legal rights to my children and they were lucky to get to see them so much. Not all grandparents get to have a sleep over with their grandchildren once a month. When they brought up grandparent rights I just hung up. They can't get rights but I am not going to even entertain that conversation.

I am not going to force my kids to go there. If they want to I am 100% okay with that but I won't force it. They need to learn to deal with it. I know the kids have brought up not wanting to go there once a month before with them I tried to talk to them about it a couple times but they ignored it. This isn't some huge surprise that the kids have been wanting to change up going over there.
You would think that with all of this, you could have mentioned the kid's ages or why they don't want to go.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 1

Unread post

RIZZY wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:58 am Why don't they want to go there?
There isn't an official reason. I think they are just getting older and wanting to do their own thing more.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:16 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:24 am My ex and I broke up when I was 8 months pregnant. I found out he was on drugs. He moved in with his parents and went in and out of rehab. I refused to leave him alone with my kids and I trust my ex in laws so I didnt have a problem with it.

You would think that with all of this, you could have mentioned the kid's ages or why they don't want to go.
They are 12. There isn't an official reason why they don't want to go. It isn't like anything bad happened. I think they are just growing up and not wanting to do more.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Most involved grandparents get more then once a month.

My kids would be visiting their grandparents, unless there is a valid physical or emotional concern not to. If they have been good to the kids, and you’d have said they weren’t to begin with and not jumped to ‘of course I have the right, blah, blah, blah’. (classic troll move), they can go be decent little humans and visit with their grandparents one weekend a month.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I think in this case they might be able to get grandparents rights since they were a big part of their life. Good luck.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:39 am I think in this case they might be able to get grandparents rights since they were a big part of their life. Good luck.
There are no grandparent rights in my state.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:36 am Most involved grandparents get more then once a month.

My kids would be visiting their grandparents, unless there is a valid physical or emotional concern not to. If they have been good to the kids, and you’d have said they weren’t to begin with and not jumped to ‘of course I have the right, blah, blah, blah’. (classic troll move), they can go be decent little humans and visit with their grandparents one weekend a month.
My own parents don't even see them for a full weekend a month. I don't know any other grandparents that do that every single month. It isn't like they won't ever see them again they just don't want it every month.
Locked Previous topicNext topic