Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:43 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:29 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:47 pm

They are moving to a 55+ community.
Something is missing in this story. They are moving to a 55 plus community and they didn’t make arrangements for their child? Is she the same age as your daughter?
She turns 18 next month. The parents have always sucked.
Did she graduate HS or is this her last year? Does she have a job? Does she have relatives? I just can’t imagine parents kicking a kid out to move.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:28 pm

Something is missing in this story. They are moving to a 55 plus community and they didn’t make arrangements for their child? Is she the same age as your daughter?
Did she graduate HS or is this her last year? Does she have a job? Does she have relatives? I just can’t imagine parents kicking a kid out to move.
Me either but maybe the parents are slime balls. I’d call CPS on their sorry butts for abandonment just to teach them a lesson. My parents took in one of my brother’s friends once. It didn’t go over well. He had to be kicked out because he wouldn’t get a job and after he left things turned up missing. If I ever find him he and I will have words over that. I personally don’t have the room and not sure I want my kid’s SO living with us. My kids said the same if I brought home my boyfriend. My place is small and It would be awkward. Perhaps I would help find her a stable place to live though
Anonymous 7

Unread post

He's absolutely right. You are completely in the wrong to allow this to happen. They're far too young to be in that level of relationship and dealing with everything that comes with a living together relationship. They're children and shouldn't be playing house.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:34 pm OP, I don't think you're wrong to consider doing what you are doing. I would be very tempted to do the same thing. In fact, I've told DS that if any of his friends are ever in trouble and feel like they can't live at home anymore, that we would discuss and consider letting them live with us. Luckily so far we've never had to do that but we would certainly consider it. (DS is in his senior year now and will turn 18 in October, so same age as you are dealing with).

My only advice is set boundaries from the beginning for what you feel is appropriate behavior from both your DD and the SO. Beyond that, good luck to you all, and remind your ex he has no say in what happens in your house.
I'm the same as y'all. I got 2 years and 4 months before my daughter's best friend will be moving in with us. Unfortunately i can't have her move in sooner because her parents wouldn't allow it and I'm "friends" with her mother(we are scout leaders together) but she's a lesbian and her parents do not approve at all. She's here as often as possible.

I 100% agree make sure they know what to expect as far as rules maybe write them down even. Good luck op
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Some parents just suck. My dds best friends parents will be kicking their daughter out in 2 years and 4 months because she's gay. She will be moving in with us on her 18th bday. They already kicked out her sister because she turned 18 and no longer wanted to with for her dad. They even held the money she's earned working with him and would only deposit $50 a week into her account. She had to threaten legal action to get the rest of her money.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:22 am
Some parents just suck. My dds best friends parents will be kicking their daughter out in 2 years and 4 months because she's gay. She will be moving in with us on her 18th bday. They already kicked out her sister because she turned 18 and no longer wanted to with for her dad. They even held the money she's earned working with him and would only deposit $50 a week into her account. She had to threaten legal action to get the rest of her money.
Wow. You are wet too involved with this families personal business. Nosy.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:31 am

Actually this information was offered up to me because the one child is my daughter's best friend and the older sister came to me for advice and their mom is my "friend"(used to be a lot closer) and told me and our other co leader all her business every Tuesday when we would meet for girl scouts. I didn't go looking for this information. My friends open up to me a lot because i listen and try to give the best advice possible. Nothing nosey about this.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:28 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:31 am

Actually this information was offered up to me because the one child is my daughter's best friend and the older sister came to me for advice and their mom is my "friend"(used to be a lot closer) and told me and our other co leader all her business every Tuesday when we would meet for girl scouts. I didn't go looking for this information. My friends open up to me a lot because i listen and try to give the best advice possible. Nothing nosey about this.
Do you get involved with every person who shares their family business with you? I mean you are counting down the days/months until you can 'get' this kid. It's very very odd. Every family has issues or skeletons but most don't get involved. You can't wait to get involved on the other hand. It's strange.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

I wouldn't allow it. But that's me.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:48 pm Her parents have always sucked. They feel that since she is so close to being 18 that there is no reason for them to wait to move. She can't live where they are moving because it is 55+.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:34 pm So what are the issues with the parents?
Because I couldn’t imagine just leaving my 17 year old to just find a place to live because I’m leaving. My kid would be coming with me if I had to move.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:31 pm

She has been trying to find other places to live and so far there is nothing. Her other plan is to live in her car which is not something I want happening.
That is very unlikely. I'm a Realtor and I help people move into 55+ communities all the time. A child can live there with their parents as long as one of the parents is 55+. This isn't an exception, this is the huge majority of 55+ communities operate. They also tend to have an 80/20 rule, which means that as long as 80% of the residents are 55+, they will accept residents under the age of 55 even if they are not living with another person who is 55+.
Locked Previous topicNext topic