Messy buns are not allowed

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well… there was a post not long ago of someone working in the OR that arrives to work in her PJs because she didn’t see the point of getting dressed if she was going to change into scrubs 🤷‍♀️
Talk about rolling out of bed and heading to work.
Lemons wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:48 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:34 pm
Lemons wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:08 pm I don’t understand why anyone would want to go out in public with ratty hair. Tattoos and different hair colors are not a problem. Looking like a slob is. I’ve never seen a nurse or doctor with their hair like that.
Personal preference. Myself, I'll take a person with a messy bun over strange hair colors or tattoos any day. Unnatural hair colors and visible tattoos just look unprofessional to me. But a messy bun, that's a standard anytime my hair is long.

That being said, I don't care if my doctor or nurse has any of the above as long as they take good care of me. But a tattoo or green hair would catch my attention momentarily whereas a messy bun wouldn't even register.

This is how my hair looks regularly when it's long and I wouldn't think twice about a hospital staff member wearing it like this.

Sloppy unkept hair is more likely to have pieces fall out. Who likes finding someone else’s hair on them? It’s just as quick to ensure your hair doesn’t flop all over the place when you’re working with patients. Some nurses probably went too far and came in looking like they just rolled out of bed.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 9

Unread post

This looks like it's for nurses or medical staff. I get in that setting wanting people to appear neat, clean and well groomed. Nurses should appear sanitary since you're working with sterile things. You don't need hair falling in dressings, bandages, IV sites, etc.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

PrincessLaLa wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:03 am Some people take the "messy bun" look too far and really do look a mess. I can understand a hospital not wanting their staff to look "messy" and it's much easier and smarter to make a general rule rather than pick out who is "too messy".
If there hadn't been employees showing up an absolute mess, I would wonder why the change.
I'm guessing there probably are a couple that walk around looking like an unmade bed, so this is a more gentle way to convey wanting a change than hurting feelings singling people out. There always are a few who ruin it, like casual Fridays in the office. There's always a couple walking around looking like they're going to the beach instead of work. That's how my old job lost casual Fridays.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:33 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:03 am
mcginnisc wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:01 am So, they will allow blue hair, but not hair pulled up haphazardly...even though it is out of the face like required.
They are stupid obviously as it makes no sense st all.
Stupidity like this makes me glad that I homeschool and I don't have to deal with moronic rules that make no sense.
This is for employees in a hospital.
I kind of see it two ways. With how busy and how much responsibility falls on hospital staff, some could see the messy bun as they are putting more time into the care than their hair. However, others might take it as if they can’t even groom nicely or are too busy that their hair is disheveled then will I get quality care. Personally, I don’t scrutinize enough to really form an opinion based on such things so wouldn’t even notice. But I can imagine that others do.
You should look neat and clean when you're going to work in a professional atmosphere. Their hair should be done before they go to work, as part of putting their uniform on, so I don't think it's a matter of being "too busy" or having too much responsibility. It's part of getting ready for work. I expect nurses and doctors to be neat and clean and not look like they just rolled out of bed. Then again, maybe that's an unrealistic expectation?
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:46 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:38 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:29 pm

You are really trying hard to be extra.
Not extra. Just realistic. Messy buns are for white girl hair. If you want to pretend that white women and black women have the same texture to their hair, go right ahead lol.
Yes, very extra!!!like troll extra.. You are trying to get something started and I’m not going on that ride with you. I’ve explained black women can do a messy bun and that’s it. If you don’t believe me expand your circle of friends and meet some black women.
You're killin' me! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:13 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:03 am

This is for employees in a hospital.
I kind of see it two ways. With how busy and how much responsibility falls on hospital staff, some could see the messy bun as they are putting more time into the care than their hair. However, others might take it as if they can’t even groom nicely or are too busy that their hair is disheveled then will I get quality care. Personally, I don’t scrutinize enough to really form an opinion based on such things so wouldn’t even notice. But I can imagine that others do.
You should look neat and clean when you're going to work in a professional atmosphere. Their hair should be done before they go to work, as part of putting their uniform on, so I don't think it's a matter of being "too busy" or having too much responsibility. It's part of getting ready for work. I expect nurses and doctors to be neat and clean and not look like they just rolled out of bed. Then again, maybe that's an unrealistic expectation?
I always have my hair looking nice when I go to work but it looks like crap by the end of the day.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:11 am
Pjmm wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:52 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:59 am I'll try to remember to look to see if there's any messy buns when my dds nurses come back in. I haven't paid any attention up to this point her screaming in pain for over 6 hours was priority.
I’m sorry to hear that. Is it better now?
Yes they had to do surgery. She's sleeping now. Seeing her in that much pain was the worst experience of my life.
Glad she's better.
PrincessLaLa
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That's very much what I imagine has happened. I don't mind (stylised) messy buns at all, but then there are literal messy buns and most businesses understandably don't want their staff looking unkempt. It's like men (or women with short hair I suppose) with the carefully crafted "just rolled out of bed" look versus them actually just rolling out of bed. Major difference.
I can't do a decent looking messy bun to save my life so I do sympathise with the staff, also a tightly secured hairstyle isn't the most attractive thing on me but it's what I've done when I needed to.
Anonymous 9 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:06 pm
PrincessLaLa wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:03 am Some people take the "messy bun" look too far and really do look a mess. I can understand a hospital not wanting their staff to look "messy" and it's much easier and smarter to make a general rule rather than pick out who is "too messy".
If there hadn't been employees showing up an absolute mess, I would wonder why the change.
I'm guessing there probably are a couple that walk around looking like an unmade bed, so this is a more gentle way to convey wanting a change than hurting feelings singling people out. There always are a few who ruin it, like casual Fridays in the office. There's always a couple walking around looking like they're going to the beach instead of work. That's how my old job lost casual Fridays.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:17 pm

I always have my hair looking nice when I go to work but it looks like crap by the end of the day.
Sounds like my hair at the end of the day when I have to wear my hard hat. Goes from being nice, and bouncy, to flat.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:17 pm

I can imagine! You nurses work your tails off!
Locked Previous topicNext topic