Messy buns are not allowed

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:16 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:46 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:01 pm

Black people can wear a messy bun, but you can’t have dreads and wear your hair in a messy bun at the same time. The flyaways are part of the style.
Would this not be considered a "messy bun"?

No. Those are dread locks in a ponytail/bun
I guess I don't know what a "messy bun" is then. I assumed it was when one puts their hair up in a pony tail and then casually "loops" it, like this:

Image and the picture I posted. Could you post a picture of what you understand a messy bun to be?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:05 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:46 pm

Would this not be considered a "messy bun"?

I guess I don't know what a "messy bun" is then. I assumed it was when one puts their hair up in a pony tail and then casually "loops" it, like this:

Image and the picture I posted. Could you post a picture of what you understand a messy bun to be?
Yes this woman’s hair is individual pieces pulled through to a bun and then pulled out a little with whisps and side pieces etc. The first photo that woman’s hair is in dreads or in some cases AA women have braids. The hair is not loose. It is tight in dreads or braids. Not the same.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

images.jpg
images.jpg (7.32 KiB) Viewed 176 times
Anonymous 6

Unread post

MessyBun-header.jpg
Anonymous 6

Unread post

74b65dd05124d5bf06e34b59f59861c5.jpg
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:13 pm

Yes this woman’s hair is individual pieces pulled through to a bun and then pulled out a little with whisps and side pieces etc. The first photo that woman’s hair is in dreads or in some cases AA women have braids. The hair is not loose. It is tight in dreads or braids. Not the same.
So more like this:

or this:
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:18 pmimages.jpg
These are styled messy buns not the haphazardly knotted on top of your head buns that some wear to work.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’d put a surgical cap/bonnet over that and say “what messy bun?” Haha!!

I understand the sentiment of looking out together and professional sometimes, but in the scheme of wrinkled scrubs & colored hair — does messy bun really look that much more casual? And in this current healthcare crisis, it seems like an asinine battle to pick!
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:23 pm

So more like this:

or this:
Yes I would consider those messy buns. Halle berry is half white so she doesn’t have the traditional AA hair so she can do the bun with her ‘white’ hair. I don’t know who the other model is or her background.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:12 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:23 pm

So more like this:

or this:
Yes I would consider those messy buns. Halle berry is half white so she doesn’t have the traditional AA hair so she can do the bun with her ‘white’ hair. I don’t know who the other model is or her background.
That is Ciara. Both her parents are African American.
Locked Previous topicNext topic