I told my ex he couldn't take the kids on a trip after all.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:48 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:44 am
Anonymous 9 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:42 am You're doing a great job at parental alienation, OP. FWIW, the courts frown on that kind of thing.
My kids can talk to their dad whenever they want. That's why they have their own cell phones. Not allowing a trip that they feel uncomfortable with is not parental alienation.
There's a lot more to parental alienation than just not letting them talk to him. Restricting the time spent with him, talking negatively about him (if you can tell us all that he made bad choices then I'm sure you're telling them too), making them scared to meet his new girlfriend, all of those are means of parental alientation.

By the way, what exactly are the bad choices he's been making for years?
He was on drugs for a long time. He was also in jail a few times.

It isn't alienation just because I'm not giving him extra time. That doesn't even make sense.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:24 am
Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:44 am Awesome spin on the troll post. I'll play.

It's not your decision to make, if the vacation is on dads time.
My ex doesn't get overnights so I do get to make decisions.
So it's taken you four pages of comments to come up with this excuse. Of course, you don't tell us why he doesn't get overnights, do you? Don't you think that a court deciding he shouldn't have overnights is more important than your petty fears about a new girlfriend? I think you're making all this up as you go along ...
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:59 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:44 am

My kids can talk to their dad whenever they want. That's why they have their own cell phones. Not allowing a trip that they feel uncomfortable with is not parental alienation.
There's a lot more to parental alienation than just not letting them talk to him. Restricting the time spent with him, talking negatively about him (if you can tell us all that he made bad choices then I'm sure you're telling them too), making them scared to meet his new girlfriend, all of those are means of parental alientation.

It isn't alienation just because I'm not giving him extra time. That doesn't even make sense.
Restricting time with his kids isn't about not giving extra time, it's about taking away time that he's entitled to. Apparently he's clean now, though. What were the jail sentences for? You're still being vague.

Funny that you were fine about the trip until you heard about the new girlfriend. Maybe it's time you accepted that what he does on his time is really none of your business ...
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:38 am

Restricting time with his kids isn't about not giving extra time, it's about taking away time that he's entitled to. Apparently he's clean now, though. What were the jail sentences for? You're still being vague.

Funny that you were fine about the trip until you heard about the new girlfriend. Maybe it's time you accepted that what he does on his time is really none of your business ...
If he wants them for his scheduled time that is fine. I don't have a problem with that.

He is clean as far as I know but it does concern me that he will relapse.

It was drugs charges and a couple DUIDs.

Yes I was fine with the trip until it was apparent that he is no longer making good choices.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:26 am

If he wants them for his scheduled time that is fine. I don't have a problem with that.

Yes I was fine with the trip until it was apparent that he is no longer making good choices.
Stop explaining yourself to these morons. Not one of these bitches in here would allow their kids to go on an over night trip with a strange woman.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:16 am
Conweis wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:07 pm I agree with you. This is really early for the kids to meet his love interest. Now if he was friends with this woman for a long time and had already been around the kids, as a friend, it would be different.
I was beginning to think me and op were the only ones who thought it was too early to meet the gf. These ladies are crazy and most just want to argue and i bet they don't even believe what they are telling OP. I guarantee most wouldn't allow their kids to go on the trip ether.
No, I think the point is that he is the kids other parent and she's totally discounting how he wants to handle the situation. He didn't dictate to her when the kids met her next husband. Why is ONLY she right. Why can he not determine when to bring the new girlfriend around? It's not her call. She doesn't know how serious they are. Maybe he's ready to propose? Maybe he thinks a relaxed atmosphere like a vacation is a good, low pressure meeting? These kids are bordering on adulthood. It's not like they're 3 and will get all attached. Would she block them from meeting new people while they're on vacation? Is no one allowed to talk to them that they meet while they're out? LOL
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:41 am

Stop explaining yourself to these morons. Not one of these bitches in here would allow their kids to go on an over night trip with a strange woman.
It's not an overnight trip with a strange woman. It's an overnight trip with their own father. And either OP trusts the dad for overnights, or she doesn't. If she doesn't then she should just say "I don't trust their father with them overnight" and leave it at that. It has nothing to do with the woman.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:26 pm

It's not an overnight trip with a strange woman. It's an overnight trip with their own father. And either OP trusts the dad for overnights, or she doesn't. If she doesn't then she should just say "I don't trust their father with them overnight" and leave it at that. It has nothing to do with the woman.
It's an over night with a stranger, the new gf, that the kids don't even want to go on because of. My ex was not allowed to have females he's dating i didn't know around my kid and showed him the same respect. There are a lot of custody agreements that have they stipulation as well. It's not unheard of and not wrong to know who's around your kids.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:45 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:26 pm

It's an over night with a stranger, the new gf, that the kids don't even want to go on because of. My ex was not allowed to have females he's dating i didn't know around my kid and showed him the same respect. There are a lot of custody agreements that have they stipulation as well. It's not unheard of and not wrong to know who's around your kids.
It's also not wrong to trust the person you chose to have kids with. But you know better than all us bitches so yeah you.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:34 pm
Anonymous 11 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:51 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:44 pm

Nope not really. They have everything their friends have. I just get to know the parents a little before my kids just spend the weekend away with them. The parents of their friends all did the same. It's weird how many people are just willing to allow their kids to run off with strangers in this society.
I mean, she's not a complete or random stranger. It's not like you don't know or can't find out her full name, address, birthdate, etc. And your ex knows her. I probably wouldn't let them go alone with her but that was never even proposed. Plus, they aren't as vulnerable as little kids. This is all your prerogative and if you really do have full custody and dad really has shown poor judgement, I would think most people are understanding of that. But it does seem like you're harping on the "stranger" thing a little too hard. They're going to be with their father. *shrug*
I know nothing about her besides her first name.
But you could easily find out. Easily. It's not difficult to find out someone's full name, address, and date of birth. People did it back on CM alllll the time.
Locked Previous topicNext topic