My in laws have never met my kids because they are smokers

MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:13 am I dont allow smokers around my kids. I am not risking their health. They were born premature and with lung problems. My in laws smoke 2 packs a day. They have never met their grandchildren because of it. DH feels the same way. They havent met other family members either.

His parents will never stop smoking (their words) so we dont allow them around the kids.

It is their loss.
Okie dokie
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

RIZZY wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:08 pm My dad just passed away. He was a hoarder and he often did not smell good. There were a few times he came over and his clothes were visibly dirty. I'm so glad I didn't tell him he couldn't come to my house or see my kids.
Condolences to your family.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:19 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:05 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:30 pm how about them not smoking around the kids
Even if they aren't actively smoking they still smell like it... Heavily.
there are ways around that bathing and changing clothes before they come see the kids
They would have to bathe in a place that's never been smoked in and then change into brand new clothes. Everything from their house would still have nicotine residue on it.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

RIZZY wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:08 pm My dad just passed away. He was a hoarder and he often did not smell good. There were a few times he came over and his clothes were visibly dirty. I'm so glad I didn't tell him he couldn't come to my house or see my kids.
Good for you. Not everyone has to allow smokers around their kids.

If your dad was so bad off then why didn't you help him? If his clothing was visibly dirty why didn't you wash them? Smh.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

KKbella??
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:43 pm

there are ways around that bathing and changing clothes before they come see the kids
They smoke in their home and their car.
There are ways you're just full of excuses.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Yeah you that you're depriving your children of a relationship with their grandparents?? Is that what you're looking for? Applause?
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:21 am
Good for you. Not everyone has to allow smokers around their kids.

If your dad was so bad off then why didn't you help him? If his clothing was visibly dirty why didn't you wash them? Smh.
Because when people are that messed up mentally, it agitates them more to inflict your version of "help" on them.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:18 am

They would have to bathe in a place that's never been smoked in and then change into brand new clothes. Everything from their house would still have nicotine residue on it.
that is nothing more than excuses.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:15 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:18 am

that is nothing more than excuses.
It's not an excuse it's reality. I used to have an asthma attack every time I was around them .my kids have much more serious lung issues than I do. It's not worth the risk.
Locked Previous topicNext topic