The school called CPS because I couldn't leave work immediately

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Your ignorance does not mean I value my job over my child. I couldn't abandon my patients.

I told her I was unsure how long it would take and that I would update her which I did.

Heyteacher wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:34 pm I agree on all-what we don’t know is of this parent is habitual in ignoring calls from the school. Does the school have this written policy and perhaps the case worker was flexing, or perhaps this parent is completely lying.

As I said I am 35 minutes away with no lights no traffic. Any time the school calls (I’m first contact) I say “This is how long it will take me” and it has never been an issue.

Reading this it sounds like Mom valued her job over the child and is making the fact he had to be picked up and can’t go back to school the problem…
Inmybizz wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:07 pm End of the day is understandable. The school I work at has that policy but have have never known them to use it. In this post it doesn’t sound like it was end of the day.
Heyteacher wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:09 pm It could be written policy…. My boys dismiss at 3:30 and if you haven’t arrived by 4 they will call the authorities—but I have never known them to do that.

I was called 3xs for emergency pick ups this year and am 35 min from door to door. I’d simply tell the nurse “I’m at O’Hara and won’t make it for 35 minutes but I’m on my way” and it was never an issue.

PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Heyteacher wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:34 pm I agree on all-what we don’t know is of this parent is habitual in ignoring calls from the school. Does the school have this written policy and perhaps the case worker was flexing, or perhaps this parent is completely lying.

As I said I am 35 minutes away with no lights no traffic. Any time the school calls (I’m first contact) I say “This is how long it will take me” and it has never been an issue.

Reading this it sounds like Mom valued her job over the child and is making the fact he had to be picked up and can’t go back to school the problem…
Inmybizz wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:07 pm End of the day is understandable. The school I work at has that policy but have have never known them to use it. In this post it doesn’t sound like it was end of the day.
Heyteacher wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:09 pm It could be written policy…. My boys dismiss at 3:30 and if you haven’t arrived by 4 they will call the authorities—but I have never known them to do that.

I was called 3xs for emergency pick ups this year and am 35 min from door to door. I’d simply tell the nurse “I’m at O’Hara and won’t make it for 35 minutes but I’m on my way” and it was never an issue.

the school took the kids temperature after he had been running outside in super hot weather. By the time Mom got there he didn't have a fever and still doesn't have a fever. I think the mom's issue is that the school is being unreasonable and misdiagnosed the kid.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

It isn’t ignorance, it’s an opinion. If you couldn’t leave the. You should find someone who could do it didn’t take 75 minutes to retrieve your child. Have a great day!

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:01 am Your ignorance does not mean I value my job over my child. I couldn't abandon my patients.

I told her I was unsure how long it would take and that I would update her which I did.

Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I’m not team Mom here sorry. She can say what she wishes—we had a parent try the same “my child didn’t have a fever when he got home”. But he did when our nurse took it. That is what we go I -not an upset mother who is mad because the kid isn’t allowed back because of the fever. Sorry.

PoplarGrove wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:01 am

the school took the kids temperature after he had been running outside in super hot weather. By the time Mom got there he didn't have a fever and still doesn't have a fever. I think the mom's issue is that the school is being unreasonable and misdiagnosed the kid.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

There's not a chance in hell I'd put a job over my kids, I don't care what field it is. Try and say you dnt value your job more, you obviously do. I don't believe for a second no one there could relieve you quickly. You should be worried about CPS since they said they called. That is the biggest reason of all not to do what you did but enjoy the situation you created.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Heyteacher wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:19 pm It isn’t ignorance, it’s an opinion. If you couldn’t leave the. You should find someone who could do it didn’t take 75 minutes to retrieve your child. Have a great day!

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:01 am Your ignorance does not mean I value my job over my child. I couldn't abandon my patients.

Many times did me or my bro have to wait over 30 mins for my mother to get us if sick. We just laid in the nurses office until she got there. We lived up town and went to school down town and Mom worked in very busy part of the city. It took more than 30 mins for anyone to come get us. That didn't mean my mom didn't care or that her job was more important it meant she needed to find someone to cover and sometimes that meant waiting for that person to get ready and get there.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

well thats what you get with public school stupidity
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:41 am If they lied about calling contacts, they prob lied about calling CPS too. I'd call them out on that shit.

Sucks that your kid has year round school.
My kids would LOVE to be in year round school. 3 weeks into Summer break, and they're ready to go back.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:09 pm There's not a chance in hell I'd put a job over my kids, I don't care what field it is. Try and say you dnt value your job more, you obviously do. I don't believe for a second no one there could relieve you quickly. You should be worried about CPS since they said they called. That is the biggest reason of all not to do what you did but enjoy the situation you created.
There’s been days where I was alone and no one could quickly relieve me. Even before Covid my employer had a grand total of 3 employees to cover two offices and the warehouse. Now I’m the only full time one. That being said, I’d tell the school look here’s how long it will take me to get there and it never was an issue. Or I’d call my backup. But even she was a half hour away. In the city it’s reasonable to expect a parent might take a half hour to get their child. So I find this hard to believe that they called CPS. Especially knowing mom is on the way.
Locked Previous topicNext topic