Biden is Nominating an Anti-Abortion Lawyer to Become a Federal Judge — Because Of Course He Is

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
User avatar
SouthernIslander
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 7045
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:48 pm
Location: Texassippi

Unread post


Less than a week after the Supreme Court gave women across America the finger with the repeal of Roe v. Wade, President Joe Biden is slated to nominate a Republican anti-abortion lawyer to a lifetime appointment as a federal judge in Kentucky in an alleged deal struck with Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/biden-n ... 52040.html
jessilin0113
Duchess
Duchess
Posts: 1678
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:42 pm

Unread post

His eternal optimism about Republicans is just naivete at this point.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess
Posts: 10276
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:22 pm

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:13 am His eternal optimism about Republicans is just naivete at this point.
He’s living back up in the day when Democrats and Republicans worked together. He’s like Charlie Brown and McConnell is Lucy tricking him every time.
jessilin0113
Duchess
Duchess
Posts: 1678
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:42 pm

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:34 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:13 am His eternal optimism about Republicans is just naivete at this point.
He’s living back up in the day when Democrats and Republicans worked together. He’s like Charlie Brown and McConnell is Lucy tricking him every time.
I just really, really wish he would have just done as much as possible with his executive power, just cancelled student loan debt, made the stimulus payments permanent, whatever, just gone all out and then passed the baton and made the republicans run on taking it all away. Instead he keeps trying to meet in the middle and just keeps ceding to the GOP, who have gone completely off the rails.
User avatar
SouthernIslander
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 7045
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:48 pm
Location: Texassippi

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:47 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:34 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:13 am His eternal optimism about Republicans is just naivete at this point.
He’s living back up in the day when Democrats and Republicans worked together. He’s like Charlie Brown and McConnell is Lucy tricking him every time.
I just really, really wish he would have just done as much as possible with his executive power, just cancelled student loan debt, made the stimulus payments permanent, whatever, just gone all out and then passed the baton and made the republicans run on taking it all away. Instead he keeps trying to meet in the middle and just keeps ceding to the GOP, who have gone completely off the rails.
You think both sides pushing controversial political moves would fix this?

I’m not saying that in a bad way because I see your point, just asking because I’m on the fence about this too.
jessilin0113
Duchess
Duchess
Posts: 1678
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:42 pm

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:41 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:47 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:34 pm

He’s living back up in the day when Democrats and Republicans worked together. He’s like Charlie Brown and McConnell is Lucy tricking him every time.
I just really, really wish he would have just done as much as possible with his executive power, just cancelled student loan debt, made the stimulus payments permanent, whatever, just gone all out and then passed the baton and made the republicans run on taking it all away. Instead he keeps trying to meet in the middle and just keeps ceding to the GOP, who have gone completely off the rails.
You think both sides pushing controversial political moves would fix this?

I’m not saying that in a bad way because I see your point, just asking because I’m on the fence about this too.
Meeting in the middle is fine if both sides are reasonable. I feel the right has gotten so extreme they've moved the bar so the "middle" is still significantly right of where most Americans are. To bring things back to the true middle, we need a more extreme left reaction. Most of the leftist ideas are in reality pretty moderate (compared to the rest of the developed world), and would enhance quality of life for most.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess
Posts: 10276
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:22 pm

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:47 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:34 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:13 am His eternal optimism about Republicans is just naivete at this point.
He’s living back up in the day when Democrats and Republicans worked together. He’s like Charlie Brown and McConnell is Lucy tricking him every time.
I just really, really wish he would have just done as much as possible with his executive power, just cancelled student loan debt, made the stimulus payments permanent, whatever, just gone all out and then passed the baton and made the republicans run on taking it all away. Instead he keeps trying to meet in the middle and just keeps ceding to the GOP, who have gone completely off the rails.
Maybe these losses are inevitable after such a corrupt administration and Trump with his hanger ons who were basically groupies doing his bidding. .

He’s trying to get back to some sense of how it’s supposed to work. What else can he do but try to play by the rules of our democracy. I don’t know.
jessilin0113
Duchess
Duchess
Posts: 1678
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:42 pm

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:29 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:47 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:34 pm

He’s living back up in the day when Democrats and Republicans worked together. He’s like Charlie Brown and McConnell is Lucy tricking him every time.
I just really, really wish he would have just done as much as possible with his executive power, just cancelled student loan debt, made the stimulus payments permanent, whatever, just gone all out and then passed the baton and made the republicans run on taking it all away. Instead he keeps trying to meet in the middle and just keeps ceding to the GOP, who have gone completely off the rails.
Maybe these losses are inevitable after such a corrupt administration and Trump with his hanger ons who were basically groupies doing his bidding. .

He’s trying to get back to some sense of how it’s supposed to work. What else can he do but try to play by the rules of our democracy. I don’t know.
I get wanting to get back to what it should be, but it's not meeting the moment we are in. He needs to focus on what it is right now.
User avatar
SouthernIslander
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 7045
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:48 pm
Location: Texassippi

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:24 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:41 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:47 pm

I just really, really wish he would have just done as much as possible with his executive power, just cancelled student loan debt, made the stimulus payments permanent, whatever, just gone all out and then passed the baton and made the republicans run on taking it all away. Instead he keeps trying to meet in the middle and just keeps ceding to the GOP, who have gone completely off the rails.
You think both sides pushing controversial political moves would fix this?

I’m not saying that in a bad way because I see your point, just asking because I’m on the fence about this too.
Meeting in the middle is fine if both sides are reasonable. I feel the right has gotten so extreme they've moved the bar so the "middle" is still significantly right of where most Americans are. To bring things back to the true middle, we need a more extreme left reaction. Most of the leftist ideas are in reality pretty moderate (compared to the rest of the developed world), and would enhance quality of life for most.
I don’t think being moderate means always being passive either. It means picking the right battles and knowing when it requires enough aggression to establish certain boundaries instead of just letting people run a muck.

I think Biden means well but past his prime to really do that.
User avatar
SouthernIslander
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 7045
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:48 pm
Location: Texassippi

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:29 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:47 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:34 pm

He’s living back up in the day when Democrats and Republicans worked together. He’s like Charlie Brown and McConnell is Lucy tricking him every time.
I just really, really wish he would have just done as much as possible with his executive power, just cancelled student loan debt, made the stimulus payments permanent, whatever, just gone all out and then passed the baton and made the republicans run on taking it all away. Instead he keeps trying to meet in the middle and just keeps ceding to the GOP, who have gone completely off the rails.
Maybe these losses are inevitable after such a corrupt administration and Trump with his hanger ons who were basically groupies doing his bidding. .

He’s trying to get back to some sense of how it’s supposed to work. What else can he do but try to play by the rules of our democracy. I don’t know.
That’s true. A lot of the far right extremism is coming from the south. It was inevitable as soon as Trump’s campaign was taken seriously because he took advantage of the anger that had been building up since Obama won the first time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic