My in laws have never met my kids because they are smokers

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:30 pm how about them not smoking around the kids
Even if they aren't actively smoking they still smell like it... Heavily.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:04 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:56 pm Skype? Zoom call? It's not live and in person, but still...they can get to know their grandparent's.
I've offered. It's not good enough for them.
Well they probably want that "live and in person" thing.

It's a shame that there can be no compromise but the final word is your own.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:05 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:30 pm how about them not smoking around the kids
there are ways around that bathing and changing clothes before they come see the kids
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They'd have to shower and wear brand new clothes. That shit clings to your clothes, your hair, your skin. And smokers do not realize how bad they stink. When my Mom had her heart attack my sister kept her clothes in a bag and didn't wash them. After being in the hospital she had my Mom smell the clothes and she was horrified at how badly they stunk.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:31 pm
They'd have to shower and wear brand new clothes. That shit clings to your clothes, your hair, your skin. And smokers do not realize how bad they stink. When my Mom had her heart attack my sister kept her clothes in a bag and didn't wash them. After being in the hospital she had my Mom smell the clothes and she was horrified at how badly they stunk.
they can wash their clothes. wear cleaned washes clothes
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:19 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:05 pm
there are ways around that bathing and changing clothes before they come see the kids
They smoke in their home and their car.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sad.
As usual, selfish adults have heir battles of egos and the only ones getting screwed are the kids.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My dad just passed away. He was a hoarder and he often did not smell good. There were a few times he came over and his clothes were visibly dirty. I'm so glad I didn't tell him he couldn't come to my house or see my kids.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m very sorry for your loss.
RIZZY wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:08 pm My dad just passed away. He was a hoarder and he often did not smell good. There were a few times he came over and his clothes were visibly dirty. I'm so glad I didn't tell him he couldn't come to my house or see my kids.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Ah. My Dad is a heavy smoker. Has been since my parents got married 54 years ago. My only rule when the babies were little was he had to have a clean shirt that changed into when he held them and his hands had to be washed. He also has never been permitted to drive them because he smokes in the car.

You are right it is their loss but also the loss of your children too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic