My in laws have never met my kids because they are smokers

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I dont allow smokers around my kids. I am not risking their health. They were born premature and with lung problems. My in laws smoke 2 packs a day. They have never met their grandchildren because of it. DH feels the same way. They havent met other family members either.

His parents will never stop smoking (their words) so we dont allow them around the kids.

It is their loss.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This is a definite CM repeat.

But.. ok.. do what’s best for you.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:18 am This is a definite CM repeat.

But.. ok.. do what’s best for you.
I'm sure I posted about it there also. My in laws are making a big stink about it lately so it's annoying me again.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I think you're being ridiculous. Don't allow them to smoke around your kids for sure but you can't protect them from everything. I wouldn't allow them in a house that is smoked in either.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My father smokes cigars occasionally. I grew up with him smoking cigarettes off and on. He’d step outside to do it. I’d at Least ask if they’re cool with smoking outside, etc. If not have them at your house and request they use nicotine gum or vape.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:01 pm I think you're being ridiculous. Don't allow them to smoke around your kids for sure but you can't protect them from everything. I wouldn't allow them in a house that is smoked in either.
They smoke in their home and car so even if they don't smoke around my kids they reek. I used to have asthma attacks every time I was around them and I don't even have as bad of lung problems as my kids.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I wouldn't have anything to say about that.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

how about them not smoking around the kids
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Skype? Zoom call? It's not live and in person, but still...they can get to know their grandparent's.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:56 pm Skype? Zoom call? It's not live and in person, but still...they can get to know their grandparent's.
I've offered. It's not good enough for them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic