The school called CPS because I couldn't leave work immediately

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:53 pm And CPS will probably ream someone for wasting their resources.
I told the school I work out of town certain days. My ex was an hour and a half away. They didn’t like that too bad. I had one retired woman on my call list, The rest worked. Usually I called them if needed. I don’t think the school ever did. Now I got complaints over idiotic things like the way my son sat in his seat. But never how long it took me to get to the school.
That’s what I was thinking. I am surprised CPS tolerates the schools bothering them with this. Even in a super small town, it can take more than 30 mins to drop everything and get to the school, so I can imagine how many calls they have to make.

This sounds unreasonable to me.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

End of the day is understandable. The school I work at has that policy but have have never known them to use it. In this post it doesn’t sound like it was end of the day.
Heyteacher wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:09 pm It could be written policy…. My boys dismiss at 3:30 and if you haven’t arrived by 4 they will call the authorities—but I have never known them to do that.

I was called 3xs for emergency pick ups this year and am 35 min from door to door. I’d simply tell the nurse “I’m at O’Hara and won’t make it for 35 minutes but I’m on my way” and it was never an issue.

Inmybizz wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:53 pm
Vegaswife2011 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:29 pm I do not believe this. Lol
I don’t either. The 30 mins policy is unbelievable.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:31 pm
When my kids were in hs it took me almost half an hour to get to them if I left work immediately. If I was in the satellite office it became fifty minutes. The school literally would be calling CPS every time. Now maybe this school tries but honestly I could see some overworked, underpaid case worker telling that principal cool it or so help me God I’m turning you in for filing false reports. I’ll be taking this up at the next school board meeting frankly because that’s just ridiculous. If mom can’t be found and the kid’s dying sure call. But half an hour commute is reasonable in most cities. I would tell the nurse hey I’m working in (wherever) and it never was an issue.
I hear ya! My kid goes to school in a different district we commute 30 minutes away. On a good day it takes me 40 mins or so to get there. Don’t let there be traffic, accidents, construction, biker weekend or some other event.. forget about it!!!!
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Totally.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This has been done before. But I will bite...

If Kidlet was still in school, they'd hate me. My job sends me all over the place. Including places with zero reception. Which is always FUN! Since hubby is deceased, MIL can't really drive anymore, and oldest lives out of state. I'd be screwed.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I agree on all-what we don’t know is of this parent is habitual in ignoring calls from the school. Does the school have this written policy and perhaps the case worker was flexing, or perhaps this parent is completely lying.

As I said I am 35 minutes away with no lights no traffic. Any time the school calls (I’m first contact) I say “This is how long it will take me” and it has never been an issue.

Reading this it sounds like Mom valued her job over the child and is making the fact he had to be picked up and can’t go back to school the problem…
Inmybizz wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:07 pm End of the day is understandable. The school I work at has that policy but have have never known them to use it. In this post it doesn’t sound like it was end of the day.
Heyteacher wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:09 pm It could be written policy…. My boys dismiss at 3:30 and if you haven’t arrived by 4 they will call the authorities—but I have never known them to do that.

I was called 3xs for emergency pick ups this year and am 35 min from door to door. I’d simply tell the nurse “I’m at O’Hara and won’t make it for 35 minutes but I’m on my way” and it was never an issue.

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Heyteacher wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:01 pm So she says but I doubt it. They likely left messages or weren’t able to get ahold of them. Which 100% changes the scenario doesn’t it…

To me this sounds like. A peaked off Mom who had to be a parent, leave work and attend to their kid.

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:59 pm
Heyteacher wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:20 pm I re read the post and see no where where they “lied” or didn’t follow their own policy.

I also do t buy Moms story. Ironically we had a similar complaint regarding a child sent home this spring (not from my class but teachers talk). Mom tried telling us kiddo didn’t have a fever after he got home-sorry don’t care, he had one here. Don’t like the policy then home school or charter where they will let you get away with it.

They didn't call her list of people. He should never have been tested for a fever especially by forehead after playing outside any real nurse(or parent for that matter) knows this
Really!? You honestly believe that 6 people didn't answer their phone? Please. You sound like a judgy c**t
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Heyteacher wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:01 pm So she says but I doubt it. They likely left messages or weren’t able to get ahold of them. Which 100% changes the scenario doesn’t it…

To me this sounds like. A peaked off Mom who had to be a parent, leave work and attend to their kid.

Heyteacher wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:20 pm I re read the post and see no where where they “lied” or didn’t follow their own policy.

I also do t buy Moms story. Ironically we had a similar complaint regarding a child sent home this spring (not from my class but teachers talk). Mom tried telling us kiddo didn’t have a fever after he got home-sorry don’t care, he had one here. Don’t like the policy then home school or charter where they will let you get away with it.

They didn't call her list of people. He should never have been tested for a fever especially by forehead after playing outside any real nurse(or parent for that matter) knows this
It sounds like she works in healthcare. In many healthcare settings you can't just walk out the door when the school calls because that would place your kids in danger. Are you allowed to just walk out of our classroom or do you have to wait for another teacher to be there to supervise your class?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

They said they called all my contacts and they did not.
I took an oral temp right their in the nurse's office and he didn't have one.

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:08 am
Heyteacher wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:55 am Policy is policy. Whenever I’ve been called I tell them how long it will take me to get there. You would really hate our district policy-is a child shows any signs of illness they are sent home and not allowed back without a doctors note (not saying that is what it was here).
And they lied and didn't follow their own policy so....
Anonymous 1

Unread post

They didn't call any of them.

Locked Previous topicNext topic