Trump lunged at Secret Service agent who said he couldn't go to Capitol on January 6: aide

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:31 am "However, a source close to the Secret Service confirmed to CBS News that Engel and the driver are prepared to testify under oath that neither man was physically attacked or assaulted by Trump and that the former president never lunged for the steering wheel of the vehicle.

The Secret Service officials do not dispute that Trump was irate or that he demanded to be taken to the Capitol, in the language that Hutchinson related to the committee.

U.S. Secret Service has provided dozens of hours of testimony to the Jan. 6 committee so far, dating back to spring 2021."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/secret-ser ... testimony/
It’ll be interesting to see if Ornato - who is the one Hutchinson said told her this - actually testifies under oath. Because for now, trying to discredit her in the press by saying he’s willing to contradict her under oath (only to possibly never actually doing it) has Trump-style “I’m going to sue!”, then not actually doing it, energy.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:07 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:31 am "However, a source close to the Secret Service confirmed to CBS News that Engel and the driver are prepared to testify under oath that neither man was physically attacked or assaulted by Trump and that the former president never lunged for the steering wheel of the vehicle.

The Secret Service officials do not dispute that Trump was irate or that he demanded to be taken to the Capitol, in the language that Hutchinson related to the committee.

U.S. Secret Service has provided dozens of hours of testimony to the Jan. 6 committee so far, dating back to spring 2021."

It’ll be interesting to see if Ornato - who is the one Hutchinson said told her this - actually testifies under oath. Because for now, trying to discredit her in the press by saying he’s willing to contradict her under oath (only to possibly never actually doing it) has Trump-style “I’m going to sue!”, then not actually doing it, energy.
I'd like to see his closed door deposition.

I've read that Hutchinson has had to have security and that some Trump allies (alley cats, lol) are messaging her about being loyal.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:02 am
AZOldCoot wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:59 pm Let me preface that I'm unsure WHAT to believe.

However...where has she been for the past year and a half since January 6th? Why is this only coming out now?
If she is telling the truth or not is important. But , I don’t think waiting until she had to testify at a a hearing is a sign she is lying. If I was a part of an investigation, I wouldn’t have spoken on it publicly until I had testify and a lot of attorneys advise that on most legal matters.

Now secret service debunking what she said is a bigger red flag to me.
This had been touted as an unplanned session yesterday and "surprise" testimony. Has she been hiding in the wings, being told to be quiet until yesterday? KWIM?

As I wrote in my preface, I'm not sure what to believe.

If secret service--two agents who had actually been in the vehicle--are stating she is wrong, then wouldn't her testimony be secondhand? Hearsay, essentially?

Truthfully, I haven't been watching this when it's televised here and for the primary reason that I cannot stand Liz Cheney. I loath Trump and especially after January 6th, but having her help lead this investigation is just another reason to dislike her for me.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

FOX News doesn't dispute it either.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/secret ... pitol-riot
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:28 am
AZOldCoot wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:59 pm Let me preface that I'm unsure WHAT to believe.

However...where has she been for the past year and a half since January 6th? Why is this only coming out now?
If she is telling the truth or not is important. But , I don’t think waiting until she had to testify at a a hearing is a sign she is lying. If I was a part of an investigation, I wouldn’t have spoken on it publicly until I had testify and a lot of attorneys advise that on most legal matters.

This had been touted as an unplanned session yesterday and "surprise" testimony. Has she been hiding in the wings, being told to be quiet until yesterday? KWIM?

If secret service--two agents who had actually been in the vehicle--are stating she is wrong, then wouldn't her testimony be secondhand? Hearsay, essentially?

Truthfully, I haven't been watching this when it's televised here and for the primary reason that I cannot stand Liz Cheney. I loath Trump and especially after January 6th, but having her help lead this investigation is just another reason to dislike her for me.
I look at these hearings as being similar to what a Grand Jury is presented with by a prosecutor.
306/232

Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:17 am
Francee89 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:07 am

I'd like to see his closed door deposition.

I've read that Hutchinson has had to have security and that some Trump allies (alley cats, lol) are messaging her about being loyal.
Yes, apparently she was the recipient of at least one of the loyalty warnings displayed yesterday.

Another interesting account of Ornato disputing something said under oath:
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

For me the SS story is the least significant part of her testimony. We have already heard that DT wanted to be at the Capital with the mob, and also because she was recounting something told to her but not witnessed.

Her first-hand reports of hearing that the WH was notified of armed men in the crowd well before DT told them to go to the Capital and "fight like hell" is much more damning.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:28 am

I’m somewhat in the same boat, I’ve only watched bits and pieces of it. If there wasn’t a good chance that Trump is running for office again, I probably would have watched that much. So I don’t know enough to say either.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:12 am
Lemons wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:15 am
Carpy wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:27 pm

Her claim is impossible, and she was not even there. The SS has stated they will testify that it's not true. Use your head and figure out why its not true. Not only is it not true, its physically impossible.
I know you haven’t been watching the investigation but everything she said matched emails, timelines, videos, audios and other interviews with Trump staff and Republicans who testified. .

Of course Trump was enraged that he couldn’t go to the Capital after he told his base he would be there with him. The SUV story sounded weird because you think of him way back with glass between them. but it was the Secret Service Suburban, not the President car. Why couldn’t he get up off the seat, reach over and grab the driver? The front has two bucket seats with wide space between them. Easy enough when you got the adrenaline kicking in like Trump had
Same reasons apply. Why are they using hearsay and not direct testimony?
Because so many are in contempt of court and refuse to testify.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LOL
Attachments
tiny hands.jpg
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic