Trump lunged at Secret Service agent who said he couldn't go to Capitol on January 6: aide

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Despite warnings from his top lawyers, former President Donald Trump insisted on going to the Capitol on Jan. 6 -- and he "lung[ed]" at a Secret Service agent who told him he couldn't, a former White House aide said.

Former top aide to Trump White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, Cassidy Hutchinson, made the comments in a Jan. 6 Committee hearing Tuesday. She said that White House Counsel Pat Cipollone warned repeatedly that Trump going to the Capitol could put many people at the White House in legal jeopardy.
https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/jan-6 ... ay-hearing
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So, he was planning on going to the Capitol with his minions!!!!
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Today's hearing and testimony was hard to listen to. To learn that a sitting President and Chief of Staff were given reports that people in that crowd had handguns, rifles, spears affixed to flag poles, knives and other weapons - and they then told the crowd to "fight" and "march to the Capitol" - was appalling.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It took a 25 year old aid to tell the truth. He really was unhinged. I think he mistook himself as Putin thinking he had all that power. “I’m the F***ing President!”

One of the most shocking testimonies was Trump trying to get them to remove the scanner things that people had to walk through to look for weapons. Secret service was identifying armed people with assault weapons and Trump wanted to let them in because they weren’t going to hurt him. Who cares about Pence and Pelosi.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:22 pm It took a 25 year old aid to tell the truth. He really was unhinged. I think he mistook himself as Putin thinking he had all that power. “I’m the F***ing President!”

One of the most shocking testimonies was Trump trying to get them to remove the scanner things that people had to walk through to look for weapons. Secret service was identifying armed people with assault weapons and Trump wanted to let them in because they weren’t going to hurt him. Who cares about Pence and Pelosi.
Also a total dissreguard for the other people who came to hear him speak, and the Law Enforcement present that day.
Lawmakers played police radio transmissions identifying weapons — including AR-15s — that supporters of former President Donald Trump had with them on Jan. 6, 2021, the day of Trump’s rally and the attack on the U.S. Capitol.

“Three men walking down the street in fatigues carrying AR-15s... at 14th and Independence,” a voice says in one transmission.

“Elevated threat in the trees... American flag face mask... weapon on the right-side hip,” a third transmission says.

Cheney noted that among the supporters who chose to pass through metal detectors so they could get closer to Trump, security screened weapons and equipment including pepper spray, knives, batons and gas masks. Several thousand more people did not go through metal detectors and watched from the nearby Washington Monument lawn.

Cassidy Hutchinson, a top aide to Trump’s chief of staff Mark Meadows, said that Tony Ornato ― who oversaw Secret Service movements ― said he told Trump there were people armed with weapons attending his rally on Jan. 6.

"I don't f- care that they have weapons. They're not here to hurt me. Take the f-mags (metal dectors) away. Let my people in. They can march to the Capitol from here.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-commit ... 45024.html
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:54 pm So, he was planning on going to the Capitol with his minions!!!!
I’m shocked and devastated to hear it!
Actually I thought he’d never go this far. I always thought Trump was a weasel, which is an insult to the animal. But go to the Capitol? No. I figured he was brighter than that. Apparently I was wrong.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:52 pm
Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:22 pm It took a 25 year old aid to tell the truth. He really was unhinged. I think he mistook himself as Putin thinking he had all that power. “I’m the F***ing President!”

Also a total dissreguard for the other people who came to hear him speak, and the Law Enforcement present that day.
Lawmakers played police radio transmissions identifying weapons — including AR-15s — that supporters of former President Donald Trump had with them on Jan. 6, 2021, the day of Trump’s rally and the attack on the U.S. Capitol.

“Three men walking down the street in fatigues carrying AR-15s... at 14th and Independence,” a voice says in one transmission.

“Elevated threat in the trees... American flag face mask... weapon on the right-side hip,” a third transmission says.

Cheney noted that among the supporters who chose to pass through metal detectors so they could get closer to Trump, security screened weapons and equipment including pepper spray, knives, batons and gas masks. Several thousand more people did not go through metal detectors and watched from the nearby Washington Monument lawn.

Cassidy Hutchinson, a top aide to Trump’s chief of staff Mark Meadows, said that Tony Ornato ― who oversaw Secret Service movements ― said he told Trump there were people armed with weapons attending his rally on Jan. 6.

"I don't f- care that they have weapons. They're not here to hurt me. Take the f-mags (metal dectors) away. Let my people in. They can march to the Capitol from here.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-commit ... 45024.html
Why weren’t these people walking down the street with weapons immediately arrested? It’s against the law to carry in DC.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Only problem with that is the SS says its a lie.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not to mention the fact that it would be impossible for him to do in the Limo and this testimony was hearsay, but most likely just say with no hear involved.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Her claim is impossible, and she was not even there. The SS has stated they will testify that it's not true. Use your head and figure out why its not true. Not only is it not true, its physically impossible.
Locked Previous topicNext topic