Man shoots employees because he hated his sandwich

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

A man in Georgia wasn’t happy with the sandwich employees made for him in Subway so he shot them. A 36 year Atlanta man was arrested close by. Two women in their 20’s. One died and the other is in critical condition. The 5 year old child of one of the victims was in the restaurant and saw the whole thing.

WTF is wrong with this country. New York had it right when they limited carrying a gun to only those who truly need it. All of the garbage claims about the “mentally ill”. it’s really about the rage, intolerance, hate, stress. Arming every day people only leads to this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... -shooting/
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The best part: It was over too much mayo on the sandwich.

Brian Kemp..the bonehead governor of GA is trying to pass consitutional carry here..*sigh*

I am a gun owner, but I don't feel like I have to carry it all over creation. I hate going into stores and seeing people with handguns strapped to them.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:38 pm The best part: It was over too much mayo on the sandwich.

Brian Kemp..the bonehead governor of GA is trying to pass consitutional carry here..*sigh*

I am a gun owner, but I don't feel like I have to carry it all over creation. I hate going into stores and seeing people with handguns strapped to them.
I can imagine a shoot out between two shoppers fighting over the last bag of Cheetos.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:47 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:38 pm The best part: It was over too much mayo on the sandwich.

I can imagine a shoot out between two shoppers fighting over the last bag of Cheetos.
Right?
I just mentally shake my head every day I'm in a store as it is fairly common to see here in the burbs of Atlanta.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

A sane person doesn’t kill another person over mayonnaise, so yes mental health is a major part in this. But, that’s why we need much stronger gun regulations, to keep them out of the hands of those who shouldn’t have them. And more resources put toward mental health.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:53 pm A sane person doesn’t kill another person over mayonnaise, so yes mental health is a major part in this. But, that’s why we need much stronger gun regulations, to keep them out of the hands of those who shouldn’t have them. And more resources put toward mental health.
Some sane people do kill for petty reasons unfortunately.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mental illness is far more complicated than that. It’s not just someone doing something that seems crazy to the rest of us. Hence why the insanity defense is so hard to produce because very sane people sometimes do very crazy things.
That person probably didn’t suffer from mental illness. There’s plain, old evil people who are entitled, selfish and lack any sense of self control or empathy.
I actually think it’s a disservice to people who truly suffer from mental illness to put these kind of people in the same category.
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:53 pm A sane person doesn’t kill another person over mayonnaise, so yes mental health is a major part in this. But, that’s why we need much stronger gun regulations, to keep them out of the hands of those who shouldn’t have them. And more resources put toward mental health.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm sure with open carry laws being more relaxed we are going to see a lot more of this type of thing. People will be carrying because they can, not because they should or they must, and they obviously have no sense of responsibility.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It is a disservice. Studies have shown that people diagnosed with a mental illness are no more likely to be violent that people without any illness. They are more likely to harm themselves, however, and that’s the number one reason to not sell to people with a known mental illness.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:53 pm Mental illness is far more complicated than that. It’s not just someone doing something that seems crazy to the rest of us. Hence why the insanity defense is so hard to produce because very sane people sometimes do very crazy things.
That person probably didn’t suffer from mental illness. There’s plain, old evil people who are entitled, selfish and lack any sense of self control or empathy.
I actually think it’s a disservice to people who truly suffer from mental illness to put these kind of people in the same category.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:53 pm Mental illness is far more complicated than that. It’s not just someone doing something that seems crazy to the rest of us. Hence why the insanity defense is so hard to produce because very sane people sometimes do very crazy things.
insanity is a legal term, not a medical term. Someone can be batshit crazy, but that doesn't mean they meet the criteria to be legally insane.
Locked Previous topicNext topic