South Dakota governor says she will ban abortion pills prescribed online

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:38 pm
When they’re called on gross hypocrisy, states who ban abortion also have no support for women and children, they always go back to charity and churches. Churches and charities will help you ! And then the old what about gas prices?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:25 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:10 pm Abortion pills are available online and can be delivered to states where there is not a ban. Saw the following advice online today - women where there is a ban should set up a PO box in a state where abortion is legal. Have pills mailed there and then forwarded to your state.

Of course, this only helps those women who have means - as always. But hopefully those with means will assist those without as they always have.
A lot of places will not mail to PO Boxes.
True for some products - those shipped UPS or certain items with lithium batteries. But it's not an issue for pharmaceuticals.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:10 pm Abortion pills are available online and can be delivered to states where there is not a ban. Saw the following advice online today - women where there is a ban should set up a PO box in a state where abortion is legal. Have pills mailed there and then forwarded to your state.

Of course, this only helps those women who have means - as always. But hopefully those with means will assist those without as they always have.
I would have it mailed to me and remail it to a PO Box.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:47 pm

True for some products - those shipped UPS or certain items with lithium batteries. But it's not an issue for pharmaceuticals.
A virtual mailing address with package forwarding would also work if there’s some reason a PO Box isn't somewhere a company can deliver. There are plenty of existing services where you can have a package or your mail sent, and they forward it from there to wherever you want, like this one: https://ipostal1.com/mail-forwarding-se ... ns-section

Lots of people who work from home/are self employed use these as a business address. Their mail and packages are received and forwarded to their houses from there, which can be anywhere else in the country.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:51 pm

I just went online to see if I could order an abortion pill. Online consultation and follow up and I could get them to my PO Box in 3-5 days. I'm in Virginia where abortion is still (for now) legal.

I would never do this search if I were of child bearing years in a state that now outlaws abortion but I'm 57 so PLEASE try to give me a hard time. I will tear you up.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:58 pm

I just went online to see if I could order an abortion pill. Online consultation and follow up and I could get them to my PO Box in 3-5 days. I'm in Virginia where abortion is still (for now) legal.

I would never do this search if I were of child bearing years in a state that now outlaws abortion but I'm 57 so PLEASE try to give me a hard time. I will tear you up.
I'm just a year younger. 🤗

I'm feeling the same.

Florida hasn't said anything about banning this yet. We're still at 15 weeks for the moment, but I have a feeling that is going to change drastically. Evangelicals won regardless. At least for now. I see a lot of ugliness in the future 😞
306/232

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:33 pm

I'm feeling the same.

Florida hasn't said anything about banning this yet. We're still at 15 weeks for the moment, but I have a feeling that is going to change drastically. Evangelicals won regardless. At least for now. I see a lot of ugliness in the future 😞
I remember reading awhile back that Florida is an "abortion destination" for those in South American, Caribbean countries, and neighboring states that restrict abortion. So I guess Florida is going to have a tough decision to make?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:53 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:33 pm

I'm feeling the same.

I remember reading awhile back that Florida is an "abortion destination" for those in South American, Caribbean countries, and neighboring states that restrict abortion. So I guess Florida is going to have a tough decision to make?
DeSantis and those in the legislature need the evangelical vote, so I don't really think it will be tough for them. Especially after seeing what other states are doing.
306/232

Deleted User 1977

Unread post

It's not complication-free for every woman who goes the route of ordering an abortion pill online. This needs to be addressed by those in this country who are endorsing doing this.

Some women will do just fine but not all of them and it has to be made known. Not sure of the reliability of the link below but it's stating my own concerns:

"What Are The Risks of Ordering the Abortion Pill Online? | PRA" https://prabilene.com/what-are-the-risk ... ll-online/

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:54 pm ITA.
It seems to me, seeing it for a somewhat outwards perception that the hysteria going on around it has made people- from BOTH sides- not see things clearly and in a proper perception. Should abortions be completely banned, even in life savings situations? Obviously not. But should any woman in a pickle be able to just buy something that sounds OK over the Internet to get rid of “the problem”? I say no also.
This is probably the attitude that turns me away from pro-choices. Abortion isn’t a headache. It’s not acid reflux. It’s a much more delicate issues physically and emotionally. It shouldn’t be treated as an itch that needs scratching. It’s complex, and as such any woman contemplating it should be checked by a physician prior to undergoing such a procedure and should talk to a counselor about her feelings around her circumstances.

AZOldCoot wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:45 pm While I am pro choice, I do get her points about telemedicine/prescribing the abortion pill online in THIS situation.

An abortion is an absolute right for a woman but if I am understanding this correctly, a woman wouldn't have to be physically (live and in person) seen prior to aborting?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:06 pm It's not complication-free for every woman who goes the route of ordering an abortion pill online. This needs to be addressed by those in this country who are endorsing doing this.

Some women will do just fine but not all of them and it has to be made known. Not sure of the reliability of the link below but it's stating my own concerns:

"What Are The Risks of Ordering the Abortion Pill Online? | PRA" https://prabilene.com/what-are-the-risk ... ll-online/

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:54 pm ITA.
It seems to me, seeing it for a somewhat outwards perception that the hysteria going on around it has made people- from BOTH sides- not see things clearly and in a proper perception. Should abortions be completely banned, even in life savings situations? Obviously not. But should any woman in a pickle be able to just buy something that sounds OK over the Internet to get rid of “the problem”? I say no also.
This is probably the attitude that turns me away from pro-choices. Abortion isn’t a headache. It’s not acid reflux. It’s a much more delicate issues physically and emotionally. It shouldn’t be treated as an itch that needs scratching. It’s complex, and as such any woman contemplating it should be checked by a physician prior to undergoing such a procedure and should talk to a counselor about her feelings around her circumstances.

AZOldCoot wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:45 pm While I am pro choice, I do get her points about telemedicine/prescribing the abortion pill online in THIS situation.

An abortion is an absolute right for a woman but if I am understanding this correctly, a woman wouldn't have to be physically (live and in person) seen prior to aborting?
I think most women realize the danger of complications and if not, most can read the packaging. But when all other choices are taken away, what are you to do?

South Dakota has said that women must carry a pregnancy to term with a material death rate of 24 per 100,000 (higher for women of color). Then they say that they want to restrict abortion pill which carries a death rate of .65 per 100,000 for all women. Claiming concern for health of women is just absurd. Women are not stupid. They can see through this.

Just to add, Tylenol has a higher rate of adverse affects including death.
Locked Previous topicNext topic