South Dakota governor says she will ban abortion pills prescribed online

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) on Sunday said she will ban telemedicine appointments with abortion care providers who prescribe pills online in the GOP-controlled state in the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision overturning Roe v. Wade.

Noem told host Margaret Brennan on CBS’s “Face the Nation” that she brought a bill forward in her state to ban the telemedicine appointments in order to block women from being prescription abortion pills online and receiving them through the mail.

“These are very dangerous medical procedures,” Noem argued. “We don’t believe it should be available because it is a dangerous situation for an individual without being medically supervised by a physician.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-tal ... ed-online/
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

While I am pro choice, I do get her points about telemedicine/prescribing the abortion pill online in THIS situation.

An abortion is an absolute right for a woman but if I am understanding this correctly, a woman wouldn't have to be physically (live and in person) seen prior to aborting?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Not as dangerous as giving birth.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

K
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Unless they’re going to prosecute women for receiving and taking them, which she claims (heavy emphasis on claims) not to want to do, absolutely nothing will stop people in other states from mailing them to women in South Dakota. Then they’ll be taken with absolutely zero medical supervision, be it telemedicine or otherwise. But it’s not like they actually give a shit about women’s health or lives.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

ITA.
It seems to me, seeing it for a somewhat outwards perception that the hysteria going on around it has made people- from BOTH sides- not see things clearly and in a proper perception. Should abortions be completely banned, even in life savings situations? Obviously not. But should any woman in a pickle be able to just buy something that sounds OK over the Internet to get rid of “the problem”? I say no also.
This is probably the attitude that turns me away from pro-choices. Abortion isn’t a headache. It’s not acid reflux. It’s a much more delicate issues physically and emotionally. It shouldn’t be treated as an itch that needs scratching. It’s complex, and as such any woman contemplating it should be checked by a physician prior to undergoing such a procedure and should talk to a counselor about her feelings around her circumstances.

AZOldCoot wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:45 pm While I am pro choice, I do get her points about telemedicine/prescribing the abortion pill online in THIS situation.

An abortion is an absolute right for a woman but if I am understanding this correctly, a woman wouldn't have to be physically (live and in person) seen prior to aborting?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Abortion pills are available online and can be delivered to states where there is not a ban. Saw the following advice online today - women where there is a ban should set up a PO box in a state where abortion is legal. Have pills mailed there and then forwarded to your state.

Of course, this only helps those women who have means - as always. But hopefully those with means will assist those without as they always have.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:10 pm Abortion pills are available online and can be delivered to states where there is not a ban. Saw the following advice online today - women where there is a ban should set up a PO box in a state where abortion is legal. Have pills mailed there and then forwarded to your state.

Of course, this only helps those women who have means - as always. But hopefully those with means will assist those without as they always have.
A lot of places will not mail to PO Boxes.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They will have to start advertising Plan B and have the government subsidizing the cost. This will be especially helpful with rape victims and minors. They can’t make these illegal because it’s to prevent pregnancy not end a pregnancy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic