Texas school district bans hoodies and dresses as part of 'Back for the Future' dress code

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"A school district near Dallas instituted restrictive new dress codes, barring students from wearing hoodies, dresses or clothing with "stripes, checks, lettering, wording, or other designs."

The Forney Independent School District's new "Back for the Future" attire guidelines appear to be a play on the hit 1985 science fiction comedy "Back to the Future," when a teen played by Michael J. Fox travels in time to end up in the same school with his parents in 1955.

A video posted on the district's website on Wednesday features a child explaining how dress codes are no different than rules faced by adults who are forced to wear specific clothes to work.

Superintendent Justin Terry also appeared in the video to reiterate how school children should be trained in these "future workforce skills that we want to impart on our kids."

"So we are so exited to reset this bar with you, with our parents, with our community members, with all of our business partners, as we work together to take our schools, our classrooms back for the future of our kids," he said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/te ... -rcna35235

DRESSES??!!
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yeah...I don't know of any work place that bans stripes or checks. This is asinine at best. I guess all they can wear is solid co!it's since they also state designs/letters/ pictures. That is worse than most uniforms at private schools.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:55 am Yeah...I don't know of any work place that bans stripes or checks. This is asinine at best. I guess all they can wear is solid co!it's since they also state designs/letters/ pictures. That is worse than most uniforms at private schools.
Maybe they'll push red and white...🤔
306/232

mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:03 am
mcginnisc wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:55 am Yeah...I don't know of any work place that bans stripes or checks. This is asinine at best. I guess all they can wear is solid co!it's since they also state designs/letters/ pictures. That is worse than most uniforms at private schools.
Maybe they'll push red and white...🤔
The way it is going, they probably will.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Banned items:

Visible stripes, checks, lettering, wording, or other designs.
Sleeveless.
Thermal type shirts. T-shirts. Zippered shirts or blouses.
Hooded sweatshirts or outerwear.
Hats, caps, bandanas, or other non-religious head coverings worn inside the school building.
Leather, suede, vinyl, corduroy, and denim materials (not including outerwear).
Baggy-style legged slacks.
Holes in clothing.
Cargo or Carpenter style pants.
Soccer or boxer style shorts, wind shorts/pants, athletic shorts/pants, sweat shorts/pants, spandex (except in PE/Athletics, Cheer, or Drill classes only).
Dresses.
Overall pants, overall shorts, overall jumpers, and coveralls.
Leather, suede, vinyl, corduroy, and denim materials; brads or studs.
The district will also bar students' clothes that are too tight or too baggy: "Clothing can be no more than one size larger than the student’s measurements; nor may the garment be too tight."

No Jeans or athletic wear. I can’t figure out what they can wear. Looks like religion was heavily involved in this list.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They're going to have students dressed like the Amish.
306/232

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

How are they’re going to do that when dresses are banned?
I mean, isn’t that what Amish women wear and what 1950s girls wore? What do they mean by “dresses”? Because that seems a little vague.
Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:36 pm They're going to have students dressed like the Amish.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:43 pm How are they’re going to do that when dresses are banned?
I mean, isn’t that what Amish women wear and what 1950s girls wore? What do they mean by “dresses”? Because that seems a little vague.
Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:36 pm They're going to have students dressed like the Amish.
Oops, I was thinking more about the males, lol. I don't know what they're talking about with dresses, but it probably has something to do with girls not showing off any lady parts or something equally as ridiculous 👀

Just curious... what does your faith permit you to wear? Whatever you wish, or are there rules?
306/232

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I hardly think that they’ll come up with a dress code and not include females in it… if anything, I’d surprised if women weren’t the main focus of the dress code.
Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:46 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:43 pm How are they’re going to do that when dresses are banned?
Oops, I was thinking more about the males, lol. I don't know what they're talking about with dresses, but it probably has something to do with girls not showing off any lady parts or something equally as ridiculous 👀

Just curious... what does your faith permit you to wear? Whatever you wish, or are there rules?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Don't Amish women wear dresses?

eta: I see this has been addressed, sorry!
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic