Supreme Court allows the carrying of firearms in public in major victory for gun-rights groups

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m sorry, I fail to see the connection with abortion here.
cgd5112 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:46 pm It’s like I replied in another post. Republicans are ensuring a steady flow of domestic infants by banning abortions for the next generation of victims/targets of gun violence. And now the SCOTUS ruling of open-carry is setting up the next generation of school shooters/murderers.

WellPreserved wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:57 pm So today SCOTUS imposed a constitutional right to concealed carry, stating that it can't be left to States to decide. Tomorrow they're poised to end a constitutional right to abortion, leaving it up to the States to decide?

Yeah us:(
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:55 pm I’m sorry, I fail to see the connection with abortion here.
cgd5112 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:46 pm It’s like I replied in another post. Republicans are ensuring a steady flow of domestic infants by banning abortions for the next generation of victims/targets of gun violence. And now the SCOTUS ruling of open-carry is setting up the next generation of school shooters/murderers.

WellPreserved wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:57 pm So today SCOTUS imposed a constitutional right to concealed carry, stating that it can't be left to States to decide. Tomorrow they're poised to end a constitutional right to abortion, leaving it up to the States to decide?

Banning abortion with no concern about a child’s well being after they are born is how I took it but I could be wrong.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They’re saying abortion is wrong but carrying a gun is fine. Care for the fetuses but not the people fetuses becomel
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:55 pm I’m sorry, I fail to see the connection with abortion here.

jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Cops can shoot you because they think they saw a gun and feared for their life.

But I'm sure this will be fine...
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:11 pm I really don’t see this as a major win since people are already allowed to do this as long as businesses or other establishments have the right not too allow it on their property.
In NY it is extremely difficult to get a carry permit. You have to prove your life is in danger, like you have a stalker or someone who is trying to kill you. Other states don’t make you prove that.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Is New York state safer than Florida?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There are a lot of high stressed people ready to implode on a New York subway, I do not see this ending well.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:44 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:58 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:11 pm I really don’t see this as a major win since people are already allowed to do this as long as businesses or other establishments have the right not too allow it on their property.
This was about New York State where people didn’t have the right to open carry. People had to apply for a permit to carry outside there home and permits were usually only given to law enforcement or other special needs. Very few had a license to carry outside the home.

The states of Maryland, California, New Jersey, Hawaii and Massachusetts have the same laws as New York had. Some of the most successful control of gun violence is happening in these states and their laws will be struck down by people who care more about keeping guns safe than people safe.

Brewer’s opinion:
In dissent, Justice Stephen G. Breyer pointed to the nearly 300 mass shootings since January and to data showing that gun violence has surpassed car crashes as the leading cause of death among children and teens. The majority’s decision, he said, will make it more difficult for state lawmakers to take steps to limit the dangers of gun violence.
The Second Amendment allows states to “take account of the serious problems posed by gun violence,” wrote Breyer, who was joined by Justices Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan. He added: “Many States have tried to address some of the dangers of gun violence … by passing laws that limit, in various ways, who may purchase, carry, or use firearms of different kinds. The Court today severely burdens States’ efforts to do so.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... n-control/
Oh..so this wasn’t a “win”…. it was a “f**k you” to state rights that doesn’t go along with a certain political agenda.

Open carry has facilitated a lot of irresponsible behavior into the southern gun culture for no reason and a lot of areas aren’t nearly as populated as NYC.

Getting on the subway and navigating through downtown Manhattan was overwhelming enough for my country ass without seeing someone openly carrying a gun. I don’t blame y’all one bit for being upset about this.
I believe this decision regards conceal carry permits. Not open carry. Open carry is stupid in my opinion.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It depends on the age. Abortions are out but any idiot can carry a gun and shoot a kid.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:52 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:44 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:58 pm

This was about New York State where people didn’t have the right to open carry. People had to apply for a permit to carry outside there home and permits were usually only given to law enforcement or other special needs. Very few had a license to carry outside the home.

The states of Maryland, California, New Jersey, Hawaii and Massachusetts have the same laws as New York had. Some of the most successful control of gun violence is happening in these states and their laws will be struck down by people who care more about keeping guns safe than people safe.

Brewer’s opinion:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... n-control/
Oh..so this wasn’t a “win”…. it was a “f**k you” to state rights that doesn’t go along with a certain political agenda.

Open carry has facilitated a lot of irresponsible behavior into the southern gun culture for no reason and a lot of areas aren’t nearly as populated as NYC.

Getting on the subway and navigating through downtown Manhattan was overwhelming enough for my country ass without seeing someone openly carrying a gun. I don’t blame y’all one bit for being upset about this.
I believe this decision regards conceal carry permits. Not open carry. Open carry is stupid in my opinion.
I don’t like open carry either.

Oh okay, what about the concealed carry permits if you don’t mind me asking?

I don’t know anything about the gun laws there.
Locked Previous topicNext topic