Trump takes credit for end of Roe v. Wade after his 3 Supreme Court justice picks vote to void abortion rights

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Former President Donald Trump called Friday's Supreme Court decision overturning Roe v. Wade "the biggest WIN for LIFE in a generation" — and gave himself credit for the outcome in the controversial decision to undo federal abortion rights.

Trump nominated three of the five conservative Supreme Court justices who voted to overturn Roe v. Wade: Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/24/roe-v-w ... uling.html
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He did the evil angels bidding. No surprise here. He needs them, especially since he's starting to lose ground. If the presidential primary was tomorrow, DeSantis would swamp him.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Every single one of those picks said R v W was established precedence and they weren't interested in touching it. I wonder how conservatives feel having confirmed liars on the highest court in the land. Everything they say and do is suspect now.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:03 am Every single one of those picks said R v W was established precedence and they weren't interested in touching it. I wonder how conservatives feel having confirmed liars on the highest court in the land. Everything they say and do is suspect now.
They don’t care. I’m sure they’re rejoicing.

But yes, extremely suspect and hypocritical
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:47 am He did the evil angels bidding. No surprise here. He needs them, especially since he's starting to lose ground. If the presidential primary was tomorrow, DeSantis would swamp him.
I'm making a mental note because I have a feeling we'll be hearing "Trump is out of office, so he isn't to blame for this mess" and since he has already taken credit for it.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:28 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:03 am Every single one of those picks said R v W was established precedence and they weren't interested in touching it. I wonder how conservatives feel having confirmed liars on the highest court in the land. Everything they say and do is suspect now.
They don’t care. I’m sure they’re rejoicing.

But yes, extremely suspect and hypocritical
Yep, as long as they get what they want then the ends justify the means. Disgusting. I would hope this has midterm consequences for the GOP but I have no faith in this country any longer.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:40 am
People will say that was just a slip of the tongue.
306/232

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:03 am
And those that cheered just mid-heard.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:08 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:03 am
And those that cheered just mid-heard.
Called it.

A spokesperson for Miller told The Associated Press the line was a "mix up of words."

"You can clearly see in the video ... she's looking at her papers and looking at her speech," Isaiah Wartman, the spokesperson, told the AP.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/gop-rep ... d=85726659
306/232

Locked Previous topicNext topic