I feel like Im going to faint

highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:34 am
Catdaughter20 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:48 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:09 am First, if it was something urgent like suspected cancer, they'd be calling you. Not losing a week sending snail mail and telling you to get in at your earliest convenience. They'd be herding you in now for immediate testing. Second, why on earth are you driving with your unopened mail to a store and then reading your correspondence in the parking lot? Nothing about you makes any sense what so ever.
What's so bad about reading mail somewhere else? Please explain that part, because I fail to see the problem.
Not bad, but I just think it's odd to chauffer your mail around on errands with you, settle into your car after a shopping trip, still in the parking lot, and go through your correspondence. Not only is that a weird sequence of events, but I have checks, bank statements, credit card statements, replacement cards, licence plate renewal stickers and any number of items containing highly personal information that I wouldn't leave in the open for easy taking. It's something that I think most people do at home, where the majority receive their mail. So not bad, just odd.
My thought is you still get that stuff through the mail? I have not had a bank statement or credit card statement mailed to me in at least 10 years, I do not know last time I even wrote a cheque let alone have one mailed to me. The only thing I get in the mail is pizza flyers, promotional letters, and the odd package. If you want to break into my car and steal the buy 1 get 1 pizza coupon or the free car wash with purchase of gift card letter, go right ahead, my mail is not very interesting at all.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:37 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:26 am That's nifty! I was in a borrowed vehicle and the owner kept all kinds of paperwork in the glove compartment. I think it turned out the registration was somewhere else, there were all sorts of compartments in that van!
Anonymous 12 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:17 am
I'm in Canada so I was confused by what you mean by thumbing though papers for it. Reason is I would say every driver I know has one of these in their cars and insurance is kept on one side and registration is kept on the other side.

index.jpg
Every TV show you watch they always ask for "license and registration" when you're pulled over. I've never once in 40 years on the road been asked for registration.
I’ve been driving for 20 years in Michigan. I got my fair share of tickets when I was younger bc I had a lead foot. They always asked for license, registration, and proof of insurance (mandatory here) 🤷‍♀️
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:46 am
Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:33 pm
Anonymous 8 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:32 pm

Which state is that? I've always been required to show registration.
Maybe it’s been awhile for you but they don’t require to show registration anymore. Everything is computerized.
A quick Google search says you are required to show registration in every state. So where is this that you don't have to?
I was in Massachusetts driving someone else’s car. The cop told me the owner of the car had an issue with the DMV and needs to look into it. The police computers tell the cop who owns the car, if the car is registered and has access to DMV.

The car owner was saved a lot of trouble because he had no idea he had a DMV problem and he was able to fix it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:53 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:34 am

What's so bad about reading mail somewhere else? Please explain that part, because I fail to see the problem.
Not bad, but I just think it's odd to chauffer your mail around on errands with you, settle into your car after a shopping trip, still in the parking lot, and go through your correspondence. Not only is that a weird sequence of events, but I have checks, bank statements, credit card statements, replacement cards, licence plate renewal stickers and any number of items containing highly personal information that I wouldn't leave in the open for easy taking. It's something that I think most people do at home, where the majority receive their mail. So not bad, just odd.
My thought is you still get that stuff through the mail? I have not had a bank statement or credit card statement mailed to me in at least 10 years, I do not know last time I even wrote a cheque let alone have one mailed to me. The only thing I get in the mail is pizza flyers, promotional letters, and the odd package. If you want to break into my car and steal the buy 1 get 1 pizza coupon or the free car wash with purchase of gift card letter, go right ahead, my mail is not very interesting at all.
I don't know of any other way to get new or replacement credit cards, new or replacement debit cards or online renewed license plate stickers for my car. I avoid the DMV at all costs and even do mail renewal of my license. I do get certain statements still via mail as it's easier tracking for business expense and tax purposes. I have tenants that insist on mailing checks instead of doing direct deposits which is what most of them do. So, I may be the person single handedly keeping the US post office in business!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:50 am I've definitely been asked for it, and I've only been driving for about 20 years, but you're right! It's always the same line on TV! They never even ask for proof of insurance.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:37 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:26 am That's nifty! I was in a borrowed vehicle and the owner kept all kinds of paperwork in the glove compartment. I think it turned out the registration was somewhere else, there were all sorts of compartments in that van!

Every TV show you watch they always ask for "license and registration" when you're pulled over. I've never once in 40 years on the road been asked for registration.
I know! LOL. I've always been asked for license and sometimes insurance. Never registration. I feel left out!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:06 am
MistressMonster wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:01 am

For risk of something happening like a break in of your car in a parking lot. The thieves now have your info.
What kind of info so you get I'm the mail so often that you're so worried about? It's pretty rare that I get sensitive information and when I do I would put it in my purse.
But if you're not opening it first and just throwing it in the car, how would you even know it's sensitive to be put in your purse in the first place?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Kookookrazy wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:48 pm Im sitting in the supermarket parking lot hyperventilating.My legs feel like jelly and i feel like Im going to faint.

I got a letter in the mail about DS14 ultrasound on his neck. They want additional testing. It said his lymphnodes are englarged larger than 2cm.They want blood work and a chest xray. I was hoping and praying the mass on his neck would just be fat or something like that.Ive been googling enlarged lymphnodes and everything says 1.5 and up are abnormal and possibly cancer.I saw something that said Burkitt's lymphoma which is aggressive and deadly.I felt like I couldnt breathe.Im trying to get myself together before I go back home.I honestly want to wail and scream out. I dont think its something minor because it's been enlarged for too long .He said he first noticed the lump around February.

I cant handle any more sicknesses in my family.My mom just died from cancer if my son has cancer I will literally lose it.

Im trying not to cry and lose my shit.
So what's the update OP? Did you get him in immediately? Have tests been scheduled or completed? How's he feeling about all of this?
Anonymous 13

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:09 am First, if it was something urgent like suspected cancer, they'd be calling you. Not losing a week sending snail mail and telling you to get in at your earliest convenience. They'd be herding you in now for immediate testing. Second, why on earth are you driving with your unopened mail to a store and then reading your correspondence in the parking lot? Nothing about you makes any sense what so ever.
That's really not true.
Locked Previous topicNext topic