Totally Random question for Christian

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:50 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:56 am
WellPreserved wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:26 pm I'm not Christian and while I do believe that there could be "intelligent" life on other planets, I don't think they would resemble our own. That all being said, it's a really interesting thought experiment.

If a species developed to have a social and collaborative structure, and if all their needs were being met, would they venture into some sort of religious belief? Would all intelligent species want answers to the how and why they are there and look to the spiritual? Would it be assumed that they would have been "created" in the image of their god?

I'm fascinated by octopuses and wonder way too much what is going on in their brains. Pigs are another animal that I think about. In my opinion, intelligent life on other planets would look and behave most like them, lol.
Good questions. I think the answers would depend on what is primarily dependent on our physical form, which are created specifically for the planet we live on, and what is primarily part of our soul.

Any particular reason on octopus and pigs? Or just they are the most interesting to you? Totally off subject, Apple TV did a really good documentary called the year earth changed. Sorry no pigs or octopus but I found it interesting how different animals have adapted to humans albeit not to the level of zero negative impact.
Octopus because I "endured" cephalopod week on NPR during a time when I was spending a lot of time on the road, lol. I've had pigs in the past and just find them fascinating.
Pigs as pets?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:38 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:56 am

Good questions. I think the answers would depend on what is primarily dependent on our physical form, which are created specifically for the planet we live on, and what is primarily part of our soul.

Any particular reason on octopus and pigs? Or just they are the most interesting to you? Totally off subject, Apple TV did a really good documentary called the year earth changed. Sorry no pigs or octopus but I found it interesting how different animals have adapted to humans albeit not to the level of zero negative impact.
Octopus because I "endured" cephalopod week on NPR during a time when I was spending a lot of time on the road, lol. I've had pigs in the past and just find them fascinating.
Pigs as pets?
Food not pets for me but I do have a good friend who spent two years with her husband, kids, and pet pig traveling. They all, including the pig, hit all 7 continents!
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

As long as a being can use focused attention and compassion to alleviate suffering, that would be the greatest thing they could do to help sentients have better lives. Limited, but still (almost) divinely beautiful.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 12:02 pm I guess where the difficulty lies for me is that in my beliefs, there’s no individual, no human being that is revered as a divine (or almost divine) being. So that concept for me puts certain limitations on what that being can do.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:00 pm I just figured that’s what she believes and that in her beliefs Buddha would be of an equivalence of how she views the Christian Jesus. I know I asked Christians but I don’t object to others input. I suppose 🤔 if I had worded this more inclusively, I could have asked if someone subscribed to a belief in an afterlife, in which there are rules… But the random thought had been specific to Christians. When I re-read what I had originally typed, I realized without tone or queues it could have been taken differently. My minds a little bit of an insane place, so though I am not Christian, the question was still from a place that sees the beliefs as just as true and valid as my own, if that makes sense.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:07 pm Question is, why a Buddha and not a Jesus? 🤷‍♀️

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:07 pm

Pigs as pets?
Food not pets for me but I do have a good friend who spent two years with her husband, kids, and pet pig traveling. They all, including the pig, hit all 7 continents!
Ahh, I couldn’t do that, I would get too attached, idk how the kids in 4H do it. My sister’s ex has a hog farm.

They didn’t have any problems traveling with the pig? Did they have to quarantine it? Idk what the rules with all pets, just the ones we have from looking when Dh was offered a job out of the US.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:05 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:07 pm

Pigs as pets?
Ahh, I couldn’t do that, I would get too attached, idk how the kids in 4H do it. My sister’s ex has a hog farm.

They didn’t have any problems traveling with the pig? Did they have to quarantine it? Idk what the rules with all pets, just the ones we have from looking when Dh was offered a job out of the US.
It was a short (3-year) stint being farmers and the animals we had, left healthy and alive and "suddenly" food appeared in our fridge. Shortly thereafter, we became vegetarians and moved so no more farm animals just household pets! I loved having the farm and miss it but don't miss sending them to their fate.

I don't know if they experienced a lot of quarantine issues with the pig. If they did, they didn't post on their blog. We traveled to Central Asia, Europe, and Africa with our dog and never had a quarantine issue but I know that some countries are much more difficult than others. It probably didn't hurt that my friend is an author, film-maker, and educator and was both writing a book and making a film during those two years with a fairly hefty budget.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:15 am Religion is a man made thing. I do believe there is life on other planets. It's impossible for there not to be. As for Christianity on other planets, no. As I said, Religion is a man made thing, it's a way to explain what was previously unexplainable to people who wanted some sort of answer to the questions they didn't have answers for.

That was an interesting question.
There’s nothing to indicate other intelligent beings won’t have a religion. My sons play a video game I believe is called Nier Automata. Something like that. It has sentient androids in it that formed a religion. What kind we don’t know due to their having a language the author doesn’t translate. But they sing and chant. There’s no humans so I guess the androids tried to explain why they existed? Idk the game’s plot enough. Yeah it’s just a story. But there are people that understand evolution and the Big Bang but still believe in a Creator. For all we know Jesus was and is some being far more advanced than us and someday we’ll reach that evolution step. So aliens might have a version of the Christ story. We’ll never know until we find them.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:15 am Religion is a man made thing. I do believe there is life on other planets. It's impossible for there not to be. As for Christianity on other planets, no. As I said, Religion is a man made thing, it's a way to explain what was previously unexplainable to people who wanted some sort of answer to the questions they didn't have answers for.

Thank you. Many things are human made. Humans created and developed languages, means not only to communicate but to identify. Humans also developed sciences to explain and understand what was previously unexplainable. All a hypothesis is, is a belief that something is or will be true. So it makes one wonder; whether it’s science, religion, or both, if our needs that drive the ideas are part of our physicality or part of our conscious energy? I additionally wonder if humans would have evolved to where we are today or where we will be in the future without that need. Idk if that makes sense.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Wow, deep questions. I wonder how many could answer them without their preconceptions and prejudices showing.
Here are some of my thoughts:
Many people say “religion is man made”, but then how come societies without any contact between them ended up with the same concept of divinity? The names may change, but ultimately, Hindi, Aztec, Greek, Inca, Celtic, Nordic, all have a similar concept of what a “god” is. Even the Biblical version, which talks about one God, the idea of immortality, of being able to manipulate nature, of having superior knowledge and interfering in human affairs is pretty universal. I find it hard to believe that was man-made…
You would think that so many people living in so vastly different environments an lad facing vastly different circumstances would each come up with vastly different ideas if it was just a matter of explaining natural phenomena.
How come the idea of pyramids developed both in Mesoamérica and Egypt? A lone Egyptian builder traveled to the Mayan Riviera for spring break?
And it’s not just that, so many shared concepts: clothing, family, social status, war, currency, literature, art. You do have to wonder how those developed all over human societies.
L
Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:14 am

Thank you. Many things are human made. Humans created and developed languages, means not only to communicate but to identify. Humans also developed sciences to explain and understand what was previously unexplainable. All a hypothesis is, is a belief that something is or will be true. So it makes one wonder; whether it’s science, religion, or both, if our needs that drive the ideas are part of our physicality or part of our conscious energy? I additionally wonder if humans would have evolved to where we are today or where we will be in the future without that need. Idk if that makes sense.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I disagree. Because the only way you can be sure you’re doing something for the benefit of others is to be omniscient. In other words, it’s those limitations that make it a guessing game that can go horribly wrong.
Giving everyone a cushy and comfortable life, without any pain and suffering may sound very nice and compassionate, but is it really for their own good? What’s true goodness and compassion then?
Which makes an (almost) divine individual deeply flawed and prone to do more harm than good, as beautiful as his/hers intentions are.
SallyMae wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:11 pm As long as a being can use focused attention and compassion to alleviate suffering, that would be the greatest thing they could do to help sentients have better lives. Limited, but still (almost) divinely beautiful.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 12:02 pm I guess where the difficulty lies for me is that in my beliefs, there’s no individual, no human being that is revered as a divine (or almost divine) being. So that concept for me puts certain limitations on what that being can do.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:00 pm I just figured that’s what she believes and that in her beliefs Buddha would be of an equivalence of how she views the Christian Jesus. I know I asked Christians but I don’t object to others input. I suppose 🤔 if I had worded this more inclusively, I could have asked if someone subscribed to a belief in an afterlife, in which there are rules… But the random thought had been specific to Christians. When I re-read what I had originally typed, I realized without tone or queues it could have been taken differently. My minds a little bit of an insane place, so though I am not Christian, the question was still from a place that sees the beliefs as just as true and valid as my own, if that makes sense.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Double post. Can’t delete.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic