Totally Random question for Christian

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:51 pm **Disclaimer: this is not to debate Christianity.

On Easter I had a totally random thought, so far, no one I’ve asked can give me an answer other than “umm, idk” There’s no known right or wrong answer to my question imo. As I said, it was a totally random thought and I’m curious.

For those who are Christian and believe there is other intelligent life in the universe, do you think Christ was sacrificed on those planets as well?
Don't believe in life on other planets, so it's irrelevant.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

He wasn't on those other planets when he was crucified. It's always been my personal belief that Jesus was initially a human being and from there......I don't know. I don't believe in the Holy Trinity either, if that makes a difference and explains my answer better.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If they are sentient and mortal they will have suffering, so I hope at least they had a Buddha.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:28 pm According to the Narnia series yes. There are other worlds. It’s mentioned in the next to the last book. The Lion, Witch and The Wardrobe is basically The sacrifice. Aslan (the leader of Narnia) says he has other names in other worlds. In the last book he’s revealed as being Jesus. He’s not named as Jesus but one gets the point. Now I’m not sure Jesus is the Son of the one true God but perhaps He had to make sacrifices on other planets. On the other hand, original sin is a human problem. So perhaps Jesus only had to sacrifice himself for us only. Maybe aliens have other issues. Certainly they would have other stories. Like Narnia does. It’s an interesting question.
Lewis went into his thoughts about the status of souls born on other planets in more detail, in his trilogy: Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, and That Hideous Strength.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:39 am
Pjmm wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:28 pm According to the Narnia series yes. There are other worlds. It’s mentioned in the next to the last book. The Lion, Witch and The Wardrobe is basically The sacrifice. Aslan (the leader of Narnia) says he has other names in other worlds. In the last book he’s revealed as being Jesus. He’s not named as Jesus but one gets the point. Now I’m not sure Jesus is the Son of the one true God but perhaps He had to make sacrifices on other planets. On the other hand, original sin is a human problem. So perhaps Jesus only had to sacrifice himself for us only. Maybe aliens have other issues. Certainly they would have other stories. Like Narnia does. It’s an interesting question.
Lewis went into his thoughts about the status of souls born on other planets in more detail, in his trilogy: Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, and That Hideous Strength.
Heard of the series. But that was one I couldn’t get into. I’ve read The Great Divorce and The Screwtape Letters. I really liked those two and the Narnia series. But Idk I couldn’t get into Out of the Silent Planet. I was young them though and maybe now I’ll like it better.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:31 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:51 pm **Disclaimer: this is not to debate Christianity.

On Easter I had a totally random thought, so far, no one I’ve asked can give me an answer other than “umm, idk” There’s no known right or wrong answer to my question imo. As I said, it was a totally random thought and I’m curious.

For those who are Christian and believe there is other intelligent life in the universe, do you think Christ was sacrificed on those planets as well?
Why not?
I mean it just seems weird that what happened on earth can’t happen anywhere else. I don’t think aliens are hidden in Area 51 or whatever. But…why just us?
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:31 pm

Relevancy is often relative. In the grand scheme of things, what happens on other planets is pretty irrelevant to most people. Because of my beliefs all things have the potential of being relevant in my existence, both the known and the unknown. I had considered doing this as one of those if this go to next step if not stop you’ve completed the questionnaire have a pleasant day, but meh, seemed a little tedious even if the thought amused me.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:43 am He wasn't on those other planets when he was crucified. It's always been my personal belief that Jesus was initially a human being and from there......I don't know. I don't believe in the Holy Trinity either, if that makes a difference and explains my answer better.
It does make a difference and not in a bad way. Beliefs vary which is 100% ok imo. For me, because I’m not trying to debate a religion or even whether other sentients exist, I am careful of trying to phrase things to specifically what the Christian beliefs are that I was raised in. I’m however not Christian. Not because I think there’s anything wrong with the faith but because my truest self and heart says it’s not my path to follow. Beliefs on either element of the question (beliefs in a G-d, in Jesus, in other life beyond this planet) are all going to influence the response.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Life on other planets? What hubris to think we are the only people on the only planet in the universe that can sustain life. But why would the sacrifice of Jesus have to be repeated elsewhere to be valid? It wouldn't any more than Christ having to be sacrificed on every continent on Earth to be valid. Once is enough to prove the point and set the example.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:57 am If they are sentient and mortal they will have suffering, so I hope at least they had a Buddha.
I would imagine there would be some figure in other world civilizations beliefs that offers comfort, love, hope, and peace. I don’t think Buddha is any less possible.
Locked Previous topicNext topic