Ivermectin - is this a joke?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1949

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:15 pm
Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:03 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:52 pm

Ok, but do you use livestock medications to treat potentially fatal diseases that have already taken the lives of 600,000+ Americans?
Not typically, no lol, but if the medical professionals said " Oh, you need Lysine and methionine to survive" and I know that's in the food I give my horse to make her hooves grow, I might eat a bite ;)
Well in this case you have people who may have been diagnosed with Covid-19, and are choose to "eat a bite" as you say, instead of seeking proper medical care. All because some right-wing politicians and talking heads want to appeal to the base instead of deferring to actual medical professionals. I hope none of them suffer long-term damage or death as a result.
It's not "instead of seeking care" It's all over that hospitals are filled up and the hospitals can't take anyone else.
So people are trying to cure themselves with the information they have because they are being told the hospitals can't care for them.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:23 pm
Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:03 pm

Not typically, no lol, but if the medical professionals said " Oh, you need Lysine and methionine to survive" and I know that's in the food I give my horse to make her hooves grow, I might eat a bite ;)
Well in this case you have people who may have been diagnosed with Covid-19, and are choose to "eat a bite" as you say, instead of seeking proper medical care. All because some right-wing politicians and talking heads want to appeal to the base instead of deferring to actual medical professionals. I hope none of them suffer long-term damage or death as a result.
It's not "instead of seeking care" It's all over that hospitals are filled up and the hospitals can't take anyone else.
So people are trying to cure themselves with the information they have because they are being told the hospitals can't care for them.
Not sure if that is the motivation, but if it is that is really a crisis in those rural areas. How horrible for them and for others with non-Covid medical emergencies. But it still does not excuse the folks who are promoting this as a legitimate treatment.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

In all fairness, Invermectin is approved for human use and treatment for many parasitic infections. It’s not a “livestock medication”.
The whole thing about it being a treatment/prevention for covid is a different discussion. I’ve heard opinions from doctors on both sides: those who would swear it works and those who think it’s BS. As it is, I keep a healthy skepticism. And as it is, to me there’s no one dumber and more pathetic than a person who would swear by ivermectin but then poo poos on vaccines…
Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:00 pm Country girl here, we've been sharing medicines with our pets and livestock forever lol.
Tylenol, vaporub, melatonin, aspirin, benadryl, you name it.
Ok, but do you use livestock medications to treat potentially fatal diseases that have already taken the lives of 600,000+ Americans?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Deleted User 1949

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:25 pm

Not sure if that is the motivation, but if it is that is really a crisis in those rural areas. How horrible for them and for others with non-Covid medical emergencies. But it still does not excuse the folks who are promoting this as a legitimate treatment.
Why would this not be a legitimate treatment, if it is actually the legitimate treatment?

If all you need is a lower, diluted amount... that doesn't mean it's off the table, that means you have to dilute it.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:29 pm
Why would this not be a legitimate treatment, if it is actually the legitimate treatment?

If all you need is a lower, diluted amount... that doesn't mean it's off the table, that means you have to dilute it.
Because it is not a legitimate treatment. It is approved - in a different formula - for treatment of parasites in humans. Not for Covid-19, which is what is being promoted by Ingram and others. People are buying it from livestock supply companies and self-medicating instead of seeking professional medical care. There is a spike in calls to poison control hot-lines from this behavior.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:27 pm In all fairness, Invermectin is approved for human use and treatment for many parasitic infections. It’s not a “livestock medication”.
The whole thing about it being a treatment/prevention for covid is a different discussion. I’ve heard opinions from doctors on both sides: those who would swear it works and those who think it’s BS. As it is, I keep a healthy skepticism. And as it is, to me there’s no one dumber and more pathetic than a person who would swear by ivermectin but then poo poos on vaccines…
Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:00 pm Country girl here, we've been sharing medicines with our pets and livestock forever lol.
Tylenol, vaporub, melatonin, aspirin, benadryl, you name it.
What people are using to self-medicate is the livestock product.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration says it has received multiple reports of patients erroneously attempting to treat COVID-19 with an ivermectin drug used to deworm livestock.

The FDA says several people have been hospitalized after taking this version of ivermectin
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/you-a ... eid=yhoof2
Deleted User 1949

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:52 pm

Because it is not a legitimate treatment. It is approved - in a different formula - for treatment of parasites in humans. Not for Covid-19, which is what is being promoted by Ingram and others. People are buying it from livestock supply companies and self-medicating instead of seeking professional medical care. There is a spike in calls to poison control hot-lines from this behavior.
So are you saying hospitals aren't using it to treat covid?
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:29 pm

They are not going to livestock stores and using the product sold as livestock de-wormer, which is what some people are doing.
Deleted User 1949

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:31 pm

They are not going to livestock stores and using the product sold as livestock de-wormer, which is what some people are doing.
Are they using Ivermectin?
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:34 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:31 pm

Are they using Ivermectin?

No, ivermectin is not a FDA approved treatment for COVID. There are some clinical trials, I believe, but that’s it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic