This was always a topic that became controversial on cafemom lol

Manic_Sinner
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:08 am
Manic_Sinner wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:03 pm I lost my virginity to my first husband at 15 and was with him for 6 years. I regret it. Imo I was too young even though I was mature for my age. I wouldn’t say I’m ok with my kids having S*x as teens but if they’re going to do it that’s their decision and something we’ve talked about. Yes, I’d provide birth control. I hope none of them get pregnant as teens or get someone pregnant but if so I’ll support whatever decision they make. I don’t believe in abortion but if they chose to keep the child I would help and take on the responsibility so they can finish school and be something in life.
Omg your baby is adorable!
Thank you!😊💜
I’m one of those regular weird people.
LeahThoughts
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

Yes, I had S*x as a teen. Am I okay with my DD having S*x as a teen? NO!! But I'm not going to lie to myself and pretend that it isn't a possibility. I've always been very open in talking about stuff with my DD. Most of the time, at least right now, she gets embarrassed and probably just wants me to shut up.
She is still a little young for the S*x talk, but when it comes time, as always, I will let her know after "the talk" that I'm always there for her if she has any questions or if there is anything else she wants to talk about. And, of course, I will talk to her about getting on birth control, but ALSO the importance of having safe S*x because birth control does not protect you from getting STD's.
As far as teen pregnancy... I honestly have no idea how I would react. I guess I'd have to be in that position to know what I would do.
LeahThoughts
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:30 pm I will continue our family tradition of generations, just don’t think about your children having S*x. La dee da dee da.

Actually my current plan, raising the boys to be geeky gamers, which should prevent teen S*x until college, when they will look more attractive as due to their income potential.

My DD will be put on birth control to regulate her periods & help with acne by age 12.
If any male comes hanging around, I will have her older brothers come visit him and threaten him bodily harm as well.

Haha!
That's a good plan! Haha, you've got it all figured out :lol:
LeahThoughts
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

famousglm714 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:06 pm I did at 15 which is gross looking back. I don't love it but I know there's really no stopping it unless you legit lock them up, lol. Kids did it in the locker room in high school, in cars and in the bathroom in 8th grade, smh. And that was Catholic school! (8th grade). I will provide bc but I won't raise any grand-kids or have them at my house full time so the right choices better be made which is basically what my mom told me. Worked out fine for me.
My mom said the same thing to my sister and me! Apparently, we believed her and it worked, because neither of us ended up pregnant until we were in our 20's lol
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:25 am I waited until I was married, but I know that's not going to happen with every person. While I hope my son waits, I'm not going to count on it. I will educate him on the importance of safety if he's going to have S*x. Not just pregnancy, but STD's as well. I will tell him if he is thinking about having S*x, to tell me so I can make sure he has the protection.

While I don't condone premarital S*x, I'm not stupid enough to think he is going to feel the same way. I know he might be different, but I also want him to know he can come to me if he's considering it. If he gets his girlfriend pregnant, then we will have to figure out how to deal with it. I don't believe in abortion, but adoption would be okay if they chose to go that route. However, it would be his responsibility, and hers as well. I wouldn't be paying for everything for baby, and I wouldn't be a drop in baby sitter whenever they needed one. They would have to work all of that out on their own. They made the choice to have S*x, and knew the consequences.
And it's a good thing you waited judging by your timeline ... It appears you got pregnant first time out of the gate!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:54 pm
agander2017 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:25 am I waited until I was married, but I know that's not going to happen with every person. While I hope my son waits, I'm not going to count on it. I will educate him on the importance of safety if he's going to have S*x. Not just pregnancy, but STD's as well. I will tell him if he is thinking about having S*x, to tell me so I can make sure he has the protection.

While I don't condone premarital S*x, I'm not stupid enough to think he is going to feel the same way. I know he might be different, but I also want him to know he can come to me if he's considering it. If he gets his girlfriend pregnant, then we will have to figure out how to deal with it. I don't believe in abortion, but adoption would be okay if they chose to go that route. However, it would be his responsibility, and hers as well. I wouldn't be paying for everything for baby, and I wouldn't be a drop in baby sitter whenever they needed one. They would have to work all of that out on their own. They made the choice to have S*x, and knew the consequences.
And it's a good thing you waited judging by your timeline ... It appears you got pregnant first time out of the gate!
Lol, pretty soon after. Our son was planned. We talked about it before we got married, we didn't want to wait, so we took no precautions. The doctor estimated that I got pregnant a couple of weeks after we were married. They took baby at 39 weeks via c-section.

We got married on the 10th of January, and his due date was October 27th. Conception date was around January 27th. Or at least that's what they thought.

WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I didn't have S*x as a teen.
I shit glitter
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LeahThoughts wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:47 pm
famousglm714 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:06 pm I did at 15 which is gross looking back. I don't love it but I know there's really no stopping it unless you legit lock them up, lol. Kids did it in the locker room in high school, in cars and in the bathroom in 8th grade, smh. And that was Catholic school! (8th grade). I will provide bc but I won't raise any grand-kids or have them at my house full time so the right choices better be made which is basically what my mom told me. Worked out fine for me.
My mom said the same thing to my sister and me! Apparently, we believed her and it worked, because neither of us ended up pregnant until we were in our 20's lol
Same here, lol.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:02 am

While I don't condone premarital S*x, I'm not stupid enough to think he is going to feel the same way. I know he might be different, but I also want him to know he can come to me if he's considering it. If he gets his girlfriend pregnant, then we will have to figure out how to deal with it. I don't believe in abortion, but adoption would be okay if they chose to go that route. However, it would be his responsibility, and hers as well. I wouldn't be paying for everything for baby, and I wouldn't be a drop in baby sitter whenever they needed one. They would have to work that out on their own. They made the choice to have S*x, and knew the consequences.
Lol, pretty soon after. Our son was planned. We talked about it before we got married, we didn't want to wait, so we took no precautions. The doctor estimated that I got pregnant a couple of weeks after we were married. They took baby at 39 weeks via c-section.

We got married on the 10th of January, and his due date was October 27th. Conception date was around January 27th. Or at least that's what they thought.
LOL
I was a honeymoon souvenir as well!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:49 am
agander2017 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:02 am

LOL
I was a honeymoon souvenir as well!
LOL! I think a lot of people were. :P

Locked Previous topicNext topic