Bob the Tomato on race in America

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:42 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:31 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:28 pm

The two I mentioned DO NOT mention race. And that is what I’m talking about. Take your blinders off! The media fuels the fire. They purposely mention race when it’s white on black and they purposely leave out any mention of the race when it’s black on white or black on black because it doesn’t fit their agenda. I’m waiting on an article that mentions a black person doing killing a cop or harming a white person. Their race isn’t mentioned! Names are mentioned. Race is not. And where was the outrage for that little boy playing in front of his house when that man shot him in the head or the outrage for that elderly couple minding their own business in a cemetery when shot for no reason. Or how about the black retired cop defending a pawn shop shot down by another black man? Races were never mentioned then either. Again, because it didn’t fit the agenda.
Yes, race did come up in the stories that you mentioned. I clearly acknowledged that not all police are bad and the media does push that narrative. I also agree that the media fuels the fire on both sides (not just one).

So that should tell you that I don’t have blinders on or else I would also be stuck on one side of this argument too.
I have not read one article that said black male shot white 5 year old in head or black male shot white elderly couple while they visited a cemetery.
You’re going down a rabbit hole about the wording in the articles to find unfairness because you can’t admit that the media fans flames on both sides?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:28 pm

The two I mentioned DO NOT mention race. And that is what I’m talking about. Take your blinders off! The media fuels the fire. They purposely mention race when it’s white on black and they purposely leave out any mention of the race when it’s black on white or black on black because it doesn’t fit their agenda. I’m waiting on an article that mentions a black person doing killing a cop or harming a white person. Their race isn’t mentioned! Names are mentioned. Race is not. And where was the outrage for that little boy playing in front of his house when that man shot him in the head or the outrage for that elderly couple minding their own business in a cemetery when shot for no reason. Or how about the black retired cop defending a pawn shop shot down by another black man? Races were never mentioned then either. Again, because it didn’t fit the agenda.
Yes, race did come up in the stories that you mentioned. I clearly acknowledged that not all police are bad and the media does push that narrative. I also agree that the media fuels the fire on both sides (not just one).

So that should tell you that I don’t have blinders on or else I would also be stuck on one side of this argument too.
I have not read one article that said black male shot white 5 year old in head or black male shot white elderly couple while they visited a cemetery.
Rivera explains what happened: "The officer says, 'Well, this might be your kid. Are you a dancer?' And she said no. She said no! And he said, 'Well do you have a 2-year-old?' And she said yes. And he said, 'Do you have a black boyfriend?' And she said no. He said you don't have a black boyfriend?' And she said,'No.' He said, 'OK, so what is your boyfriend's name?' And it took her, I want to say a good 30 seconds to even think of a name. This is how you know she was just lying. She said 'Jake. He is white.'"

https://www.news4jax.com/news/2015/08/1 ... -vanished/

This was all about Ruben Ebron. A black man.

https://www.jacksonville.com/article/20 ... /801242741

Sometimes you remind me of a member who passed away. She argued very similar points.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:46 pm

You’re going down a rabbit hole about the wording in the articles to find unfairness because you can’t admit that the media fans flames on both sides?
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cannon-hinnant/

Do you remember DRIH at CM?
306/232

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:38 pm

DRIH? I don’t think so. Was she in the politics group?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:29 pm

Rivera explains what happened: "The officer says, 'Well, this might be your kid. Are you a dancer?' And she said no. She said no! And he said, 'Well do you have a 2-year-old?' And she said yes. And he said, 'Do you have a black boyfriend?' And she said no. He said you don't have a black boyfriend?' And she said,'No.' He said, 'OK, so what is your boyfriend's name?' And it took her, I want to say a good 30 seconds to even think of a name. This is how you know she was just lying. She said 'Jake. He is white.'"

https://www.news4jax.com/news/2015/08/1 ... -vanished/

This was all about Ruben Ebron. A black man.

https://www.jacksonville.com/article/20 ... /801242741

Sometimes you remind me of a member who passed away. She argued very similar points.
Thanks lady. I am lazy today and didn’t feel like googling.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Was that Dar or something like that?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:46 pm

It was the Discuss Racial Issues Here group. It might have been inactive when you signed up.
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:48 pm

Was that Dar or something like that?
DRIH was a group; Discuss Racial Issues Here. Dar was an infamous member.
306/232

hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You’re blaming Obama?? Seriously?? You don’t think he did anything although he was elected to 2 terms??
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:08 pm Thanks for sharing. Very good information, much of what I already knew. I do care. With that said, I don’t think any of that is the reason we are having riots and protests. People are angry because the media has helped fuel the fire of racial divide.
Just imagine what could have been accomplished the 8 years of having our first black president, a Democrat, in office if he had only cared enough to fix any of these problems. But now we want to blame Trump for many things, a president who has shown that he cares about the black community and has helped with jobs, etc.
Jim Crow was Democrat’s and that was lumped in there with the republican part of his conversation. And all of this is from the 50s to the 90s before Obama and Biden. Yet people want to get Biden in office after doing nothing for black people while working with a black president that did nothing but create more division.
If all of this was the reason for our “ unrest in the streets” today it would have started way before now. The media has an agenda. Democrats have an agenda. They think they own the black votes. Biden said it himself, if you don’t vote for Biden you aren’t black. Think real hard what he means by that.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:16 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:46 pm

It was the Discuss Racial Issues Here group. It might have been inactive when you signed up.
Probably so. I don’t remember that group but I do remember Dar and how racist she was.
Locked Previous topicNext topic