US Supreme Court Judge Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She was an icon. I’m glad her family was able to be with her as she passed.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:03 pm
SoFloMom wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:33 pm I hate this 😔

She was such a strong woman and a POWERHOUSE.
May she Rest In Peace.

One of her final wishes, as dictated to her daughter, was that she not be replaced until a new president is installed.
I ardently hope this administration does not try to fill her vacancy until after the election.
McConnell has already stated that "President Trump’s nominee will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate."
I think Murkowski coincidentally said she wouldn’t agree to proceed today, before RBG passed. Collins (for her political future) and Romney (on principle) both seem like they’d lean towards no. Grassley and Graham have both said in the past they’d apply the 2016 standard to this.

This seems like an awful position for him to put purple state Republicans in tough races in - Ernst, Gardner, Collins, McSally. They have conservatives locked in, but them voting to hypocritically confirm a conservative to RBG’s seat would rile up left leaning voters and doesn’t seem like it would be helpful for them with moderate/undecided voters.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:03 pm

May she Rest In Peace.

One of her final wishes, as dictated to her daughter, was that she not be replaced until a new president is installed.
I ardently hope this administration does not try to fill her vacancy until after the election.
McConnell has already stated that "President Trump’s nominee will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate."
Literally right after I posted this, I got that notification on Twitter.
Again, I hate this.
Deleted User 244

Unread post

I really don’t understand the politics of this post. Historically, the country is better off if the Supreme Court and Congress are a different political leaning than the president. If you want Biden / Harris, you should want them checked by a conservative court, house, and senate.
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

RIP, she had some wise insights.

hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

May she Rest In Peace. The Dems need to play dirty..
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We need a full court before Election Day. If this election turns into another Gore v Bush event, we have to have 9 justices, not 8 that could end up in a tie.

She was certainly an amazing woman, though I vehemently disagreed with her political activism. Honor her, give her her due, then get on with the business of running this country.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:53 pm May she Rest In Peace. The Dems need to play dirty..
They've been playing dirty for decades.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

May she Rest In Peace.

Can they leave a spot vacant for 4 years?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:00 pm We need a full court before Election Day. If this election turns into another Gore v Bush event, we have to have 9 justices, not 8 that could end up in a tie.

She was certainly an amazing woman, though I vehemently disagreed with her political activism. Honor her, give her her due, then get on with the business of running this country.
They're really freaking out. I jumped on Twitter for 2 minutes just to look around. Isn't it 30 days before the election none of them can be replaced? Just missed the deadline.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic