What is the morally correct thing to do?

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It’s his life too. He has a right to have all the facts to make choices on HIS life too.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:53 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:32 am Say you and your boyfriend are talking about marriage and you both agree neither of you want children. But you end up pregnant. You decide abortion is the right way to go. Of course what you choose to do is your right and you are not obligated to speak with your boyfriend about your choice of having an abortion. But would it be morally right to not tell him about it at all? Or do you think he doesn't need to know? Do you think this would create trust issues should he find out? Does he deserve to know? What if you thought you were saving him from dealing with a stressful situation?
I think whatever you decide is correct. Either tell the boyfriend or not. It's no one else's life, no one else's choice.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Deleted User 670

Unread post

He's not the one pregnant. She is so ultimately it is her decision. I'm fine with either scenario, actually. Like I said it's her life and no one else's. He can always find another woman and get he pregnant if he really wants a baby.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:07 pm It’s his life too.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:32 am Say you and your boyfriend are talking about marriage and you both agree neither of you want children. But you end up pregnant. You decide abortion is the right way to go. Of course what you choose to do is your right and you are not obligated to speak with your boyfriend about your choice of having an abortion. But would it be morally right to not tell him about it at all? Or do you think he doesn't need to know? Do you think this would create trust issues should he find out? Does he deserve to know? What if you thought you were saving him from dealing with a stressful situation?
I think whatever you decide is correct. Either tell the boyfriend or not. It's no one else's life, no one else's choice.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It doesn’t matter who’s pregnant. As I said, no one is suggesting he gets to decide on that. But the prospect of parenthood affects both parties. It’s his life and this could be a changing moment for him and he may realize he wanted to be a father after all and OP may not be the woman for him anymore. He has a right to know that. For all you know he may think that a pregnancy would may make OP rethink her position. But point is, he has a right to KNOW to make HIS choice over HIS life.

Let’s not ignore the white elephant here. If OP was sure that they’re both on the same page now, she wouldn’t even consider not telling him. She would’ve sure of his support, so why hide it? If she has her doubts it’s probably because she’s unsure that he would be on board. And therefore he has a right to know to decide whether or not he wants to continue in that relationship.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:09 pm He's not the one pregnant. She is so ultimately it is her decision. I'm fine with either scenario, actually. Like I said it's her life and no one else's. He can always find another woman and get he pregnant if he really wants a baby.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Deleted User 670

Unread post

*shrug* I don't care about all that. Whatever the woman decides in this case, I'm OK with. It's her life. She knows better than anyone the repercussions and the fall out. I don't give a flying f**k about the guy, like I said, he can go get another woman pregnant.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:51 pm It doesn’t matter who’s pregnant. As I said, no one is suggesting he gets to decide on that. But the prospect of parenthood affects both parties. It’s his life and this could be a changing moment for him and he may realize he wanted to be a father after all and OP may not be the woman for him anymore. He has a right to know that. For all you know he may think that a pregnancy would may make OP rethink her position. But point is, he has a right to KNOW to make HIS choice over HIS life.

Let’s not ignore the white elephant here. If OP was sure that they’re both on the same page now, she wouldn’t even consider not telling him. She would’ve sure of his support, so why hide it? If she has her doubts it’s probably because she’s unsure that he would be on board. And therefore he has a right to know to decide whether or not he wants to continue in that relationship.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:09 pm He's not the one pregnant. She is so ultimately it is her decision. I'm fine with either scenario, actually. Like I said it's her life and no one else's. He can always find another woman and get he pregnant if he really wants a baby.

Anonymous 13

Unread post

Would you be just as fine with her deciding to have the baby and not tell him?

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:49 pm *shrug* I don't care about all that. Whatever the woman decides in this case, I'm OK with. It's her life. She knows better than anyone the repercussions and the fall out. I don't give a flying f**k about the guy, like I said, he can go get another woman pregnant.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:51 pm It doesn’t matter who’s pregnant. As I said, no one is suggesting he gets to decide on that. But the prospect of parenthood affects both parties. It’s his life and this could be a changing moment for him and he may realize he wanted to be a father after all and OP may not be the woman for him anymore. He has a right to know that. For all you know he may think that a pregnancy would may make OP rethink her position. But point is, he has a right to KNOW to make HIS choice over HIS life.

Anonymous 13

Unread post

It's so far out there that I don't know what to think either.
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:07 pm Image
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:49 pm *shrug* I don't care about all that. Whatever the woman decides in this case, I'm OK with. It's her life. She knows better than anyone the repercussions and the fall out. I don't give a flying f**k about the guy, like I said, he can go get another woman pregnant.

Anonymous 15

Unread post

I would feel morally obligated to inform him that a life he had a part in creating is going to be terminated.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Neither actually. I simply believe that it's the woman's decision period. She's the one who has to live with her decision. Not me.
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:07 pm Image

Deleted User 670

Unread post

It's her life, not mine. If she did that, she'd probably have a really good reason to do so.
Anonymous 13 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:04 pm Would you be just as fine with her deciding to have the baby and not tell him?

Locked Previous topicNext topic