It is no one's business that I had Covid 19

Anonymous 1

Unread post

SummerDream wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:24 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:39 pm
SummerDream wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:34 pm I was sent home on Monday because a coworker didn’t tell anybody right away they had tested positive. Now the whole shift is sitting at home indefinitely. So, yes it is their business, and I don’t really care if y’all test regular, do the temp check upon entry, or whatever. They didn’t tell us the name of the coworker, but we figured it out. And we aren’t happy with this person. Someone will catch on, guarantee, and you be gossip fodder.
No it isn't. They are exposed every day. They have no business knowing my private medical issues. I didn't hide it from the people who needed to know. No one else will be sent home because of it and nothing is going to be shut down. Everything will be normal for everyone else.
Keep telling yourself that. This is something that won’t remain hidden, and I would be pissed you kept it secret. Those damn Covid tests aren’t pleasant, and to have to take one because of some asshole coworker......
We take the tests weekly at work and have for months. No one will be tested because of me. No one is impacted by me testing positive in anyway at my work. The tests are fine and do not hurt at all. They are soft swabs.

People take vacations all the time so no they won't find out.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

If every person in the United States was tested for covid19 how many do you imagine would come back positive? Millions of us have covid, even more have been exposed to covid.

I thought the suggested quarantine was 14 days? Why did you decide to ignore that by 2 days?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:21 am If every person in the United States was tested for covid19 how many do you imagine would come back positive? Millions of us have covid, even more have been exposed to covid.

I thought the suggested quarantine was 14 days? Why did you decide to ignore that by 2 days?
10 days is the standard now.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I think you meant to quote Traci but you quoted me instead. :)
Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:44 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:16 pm Hi, Traci. Just want to share with you that I have a family member who has had it. She very much so had stomach issues. A lot of vomiting and diarrhea. I know that CDC doesn't always mention that but they did here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... x17-en.pdf I hope your coworker is OK. But yes. Gotta respect the privacy of others.
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:01 pm Yes and no.

My coworker left work early yesterday because she said her stomach was bothering her and she was having cramping. She was out of work again today. I don't think it's covid because I've never heard of stomach issues with covid.
If she did find out that she is indeed sick with covid I could respect her right to privacy. I would also hope to hell that she would let us know if she actually tested positive so we can be aware and react appropriately for ourselves.

Between the three of us in this office we have been pretty forthcoming with what we are doing and where we are going. Knowledge is power.
There’s definitely a stomach issue with it. My roommate is currently on the recovering end and vomit and diarrhea were some of her symptoms as it has been for several other people I know who have recovered. Your coworker would have to tell the boss if she tested positive which then should be relayed to the team that they were exposed and should be tested.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

You're like an endless story (poster), lol. You make up ridiculous situations and then make up all kinds of legit responses.
Locked Previous topicNext topic