Wisdom teeth?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'm close to 40 but one of my wisdom has just fully erupted, it was partially impacted for years. I thought I was too old for this! I had some slight pain in the area so I was having a look and there's the whole tooth staring back at me! That was yesterday, it's somehow hurting more today. Anyone had anything like this happen? I haven't contacted a dentist yet.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I have all 4 of mine. They came in slowly about 15 years ago. I'm 46. They were a little sore coming in but no issues from them since.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

My dd had all 4 of hers removed since there wasn’t enough room in her mouth for them to grow in. She is a teen though.
penpen
Villein
Villein

Unread post

I had one come through just before I turned 30. I was supposed to have them out as a teenager but my parents just never went through with it and then it just got forgotten about I suppose.

There is one lower one that has started feeling a bit strange every now and then, and I'm in my 40s now, so maybe that one might appear one day too.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Mine were there when I had braces and they somehow just disappeared when i got older.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I still have all four of mine. There was pain when they first erupted but it went away. Now my wisdom teeth don’t really bother me much anymore.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

You go to a dentist and they will refer you to an oral surgeon to get it removed.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I had to have mine removed when I was in my late 20’s. 2 had erupted. 1 cracked and broke. So we decided to get em out.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:32 pm I'm close to 40 but one of my wisdom has just fully erupted, it was partially impacted for years. I thought I was too old for this! I had some slight pain in the area so I was having a look and there's the whole tooth staring back at me! That was yesterday, it's somehow hurting more today. Anyone had anything like this happen? I haven't contacted a dentist yet.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

It's so odd to me that it's come through so late! I told DH and he said one of his just came through too! He recently had dental work done near that area though. I'm hoping the soreness doesn't last long.
KendallsMom wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:10 am I have all 4 of mine. They came in slowly about 15 years ago. I'm 46. They were a little sore coming in but no issues from them since.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

From the reading I've done, having them come through later in life is unusual but not unheard of. And by "later in life" I just mean past the mid-20s when they're expected to come through.
penpen wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:26 am I had one come through just before I turned 30. I was supposed to have them out as a teenager but my parents just never went through with it and then it just got forgotten about I suppose.

There is one lower one that has started feeling a bit strange every now and then, and I'm in my 40s now, so maybe that one might appear one day too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic