Medical question

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:06 pm Why do I have to get a biopsy done if they're just going to remove the mass?

I forgot to ask the ENT today.
It may be in such a spot that they'd remove it differently if it's cancer as opposed to just a benign cyst. For example, if it's benign they might be able to chop it up and take it out less invasively. If it's cancer, they'd take it out whole so that they don't drop cells, and they'd need to get clean margins. That would likely be more invasive.

Sending positive juju that it's nothing Wicked.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

So, when I had a breast lump, which ended up being benign, I was given the option of biopsy and then lumpectomy if it was necessary. Or just lumpectomy and they'd send the whole lump to pathology. So your question would be my question also.

Except then you said the mass is on your esophagus. And that's a lot trickier of a surgery than carving out a breast lump. Cancer grows quickly and it's important to remove enough to get clean margins. And I'm sorry to say, a benign mass isn't necessarily easier... it may have grown more slowly and gotten all up and into important nerves and blood vessels, like tree roots. So either way, the surgeons need to know what to expect and plan ahead.

Good luck to you!!
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They biopsy most thing. I had a cyst on the back of my leg for years before I got it removed. They biopsied that.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:07 pm If they do a biopsy they can identify what it is so in case it is cancerous they'll know what type. Plus doctors just like to biopsy shit. Are you having thyroid issues -- nodules? If you are, please look at the link I posted.

http://www.naturalthyroidchoices.com/About.html
I'm shocked every time I read your medical advice. I'm surprised that it hasn't resulted in someone's death.
"Doctors just like to biopsy shit"? really that's just so wrong on so many levels. Are you a doctor? How many years did you attend medical school? How many hospitals or doctor's offices have you worked in? Where is the data you are using to say such total bullshit?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:09 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:07 pm If they do a biopsy they can identify what it is so in case it is cancerous they'll know what type. Plus doctors just like to biopsy shit. Are you having thyroid issues -- nodules? If you are, please look at the link I posted.

http://www.naturalthyroidchoices.com/About.html
I'm shocked every time I read your medical advice. I'm surprised that it hasn't resulted in someone's death.
"Doctors just like to biopsy shit"? really that's just so wrong on so many levels. Are you a doctor? How many years did you attend medical school? How many hospitals or doctor's offices have you worked in? Where is the data you are using to say such total bullshit?
I was being facetious, bitch. Wicked is obviously freaked out and I was trying to make her laugh, and I wanted to give her some information on thyroid cancer if she was being treated for 'hot nodules'. So f**k off bitch.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They need to know exactly what they're dealing with. The result of the biopsy determines their approach on the surgery itself.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

californiagirl83 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:00 pm They need to know exactly what they're dealing with. The result of the biopsy determines their approach on the surgery itself.
That makes sense.
I just want the mass removed.
I shit glitter
Locked Previous topicNext topic