It is no one's business that I had Covid 19

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Just wanted to second what another poster said: in some cases it does start with digestive symptoms. My fil hada stomach ache and his doctor told him to test for Covid if he felt the same way after a day or 2. He got better and it seemed it was nothing more than something he ate and, IMHO, some anxiety from considering the possibility.
But yeah, some people experience digestive symptoms with Covid.
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:01 pm Yes and no.

My coworker left work early yesterday because she said her stomach was bothering her and she was having cramping. She was out of work again today. I don't think it's covid because I've never heard of stomach issues with covid.
If she did find out that she is indeed sick with covid I could respect her right to privacy. I would also hope to hell that she would let us know if she actually tested positive so we can be aware and react appropriately for ourselves.

Between the three of us in this office we have been pretty forthcoming with what we are doing and where we are going. Knowledge is power.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes, it is their business if they were possibly exposed.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:16 pm Hi, Traci. Just want to share with you that I have a family member who has had it. She very much so had stomach issues. A lot of vomiting and diarrhea. I know that CDC doesn't always mention that but they did here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... x17-en.pdf I hope your coworker is OK. But yes. Gotta respect the privacy of others.

My coworker left work early yesterday because she said her stomach was bothering her and she was having cramping. She was out of work again today. I don't think it's covid because I've never heard of stomach issues with covid.
If she did find out that she is indeed sick with covid I could respect her right to privacy. I would also hope to hell that she would let us know if she actually tested positive so we can be aware and react appropriately for ourselves.

Between the three of us in this office we have been pretty forthcoming with what we are doing and where we are going. Knowledge is power.
There’s definitely a stomach issue with it. My roommate is currently on the recovering end and vomit and diarrhea were some of her symptoms as it has been for several other people I know who have recovered. Your coworker would have to tell the boss if she tested positive which then should be relayed to the team that they were exposed and should be tested.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Many people with Covid have GI symptoms
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:42 pm Yes, it is their business if they were possibly exposed.
No it isn't. We work with Covid positive people so they already know they are exposed.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Considering that you've already said you work with Covid patients, I'm actually inclined to agree with you. It's not anyone's business.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My friend tested positive for covid.. His symptoms were stomach cramping and severe diarrhea nothing else. Maybe a slight fever.
SummerDream
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I was sent home on Monday because a coworker didn’t tell anybody right away they had tested positive. Now the whole shift is sitting at home indefinitely. So, yes it is their business, and I don’t really care if y’all test regular, do the temp check upon entry, or whatever. They didn’t tell us the name of the coworker, but we figured it out. And we aren’t happy with this person. Someone will catch on, guarantee, and you be gossip fodder.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SummerDream wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:34 pm I was sent home on Monday because a coworker didn’t tell anybody right away they had tested positive. Now the whole shift is sitting at home indefinitely. So, yes it is their business, and I don’t really care if y’all test regular, do the temp check upon entry, or whatever. They didn’t tell us the name of the coworker, but we figured it out. And we aren’t happy with this person. Someone will catch on, guarantee, and you be gossip fodder.
No it isn't. They are exposed every day. They have no business knowing my private medical issues. I didn't hide it from the people who needed to know. No one else will be sent home because of it and nothing is going to be shut down. Everything will be normal for everyone else.
SummerDream
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:39 pm
SummerDream wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:34 pm I was sent home on Monday because a coworker didn’t tell anybody right away they had tested positive. Now the whole shift is sitting at home indefinitely. So, yes it is their business, and I don’t really care if y’all test regular, do the temp check upon entry, or whatever. They didn’t tell us the name of the coworker, but we figured it out. And we aren’t happy with this person. Someone will catch on, guarantee, and you be gossip fodder.
No it isn't. They are exposed every day. They have no business knowing my private medical issues. I didn't hide it from the people who needed to know. No one else will be sent home because of it and nothing is going to be shut down. Everything will be normal for everyone else.
Keep telling yourself that. This is something that won’t remain hidden, and I would be pissed you kept it secret. Those damn Covid tests aren’t pleasant, and to have to take one because of some asshole coworker......
Locked Previous topicNext topic