My ex lets my 7 year old sit in the front seat while he's driving

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Your son meets the height requirement of your state. Your husband isn't breaking any laws. Just as you can do what you want with your son when he's with you, he can do what he wants with his son when he's with him.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:05 am I hate it and it seems so unsafe. There is nothing illegal about it so I can't do anything but I don't like it. My 7 year old is tall and lanky so he is over the height requirement. No amount of talking changes my ex's mind. He says I'm being over protective and crazy.

I just wish he would put our sons safety first. If there is an accident it would still be safer for him to be in the back.

I just wanted to rant for a minute. Sorry for the bitching.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:45 pm I find it more trollish that a 7 year old is 4’10”...even with tall parents, that sounds wrong.
And since a simple search shows that most states give a height of 4’9” to ride in the front seat, well you can see why she would claim her 7 year is 4’10” if she’s trolling.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:42 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:34 am

This is not a debate post. I stated what was legal in my situation and if someone wants to debate me on it I just won't.
Right. You want people to challenge you where this is legal. I’ll save them the trouble. Where are you from so we can ‘look it up’
My nephew was around that height at 7. I only remember this because I’m 5 foot and he was practically my height. He surpassed me by the time he was 8 1/2.
He’s now 14 and 6’3 and still growing.

(But for the record, he was kept in the backseat until he was like 11-12)
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:42 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:34 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:26 am A debate post of ‘where is it legal for him to sit in the front’- how original.
This is not a debate post. I stated what was legal in my situation and if someone wants to debate me on it I just won't.
Right. You want people to challenge you where this is legal. I’ll save them the trouble. Where are you from so we can ‘look it up’
Here if you want to debate it so badly I'm in Florida. Minors must be belted in but there isn't a specific law about back seat or front after age five unless they've changed it. Are we all happy now? Damn
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I just finally let my 12-year-old sit there, lol. He’s 5’9” and yea, I suppose that is tall enough, lol!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Is the child wearing a seatbelt?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:12 pm Is the child wearing a seatbelt?
Yes
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:08 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:12 pm Is the child wearing a seatbelt?
Yes
If he meets the height and weight requirements and he's wearing his seat belt, then you shouldn't worry so much. When I was kid we didn't wear seatbelts and there were no shoulder harnesses. And no airbags either. So cars have gotten safer.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:42 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:08 pm
Yes
If he meets the height and weight requirements and he's wearing his seat belt, then you shouldn't worry so much. When I was kid we didn't wear seatbelts and there were no shoulder harnesses. And no airbags either. So cars have gotten safer.
There is no weight requirement just an age and height. He is very skinny and doesn't weigh much at all. I'm pretty sure the airbag would just crush him.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

In Florida, children under 12 years old are supposed to sit in the back seat.

https://www.flhsmv.gov/safety-center/ch ... estraints/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:42 am In Florida, children under 12 years old are supposed to sit in the back seat.

https://www.flhsmv.gov/safety-center/ch ... estraints/
I don't live in Florida but I wish 12 was the age to sit up front here instead of 7
Locked Previous topicNext topic