My ex lets my 7 year old sit in the front seat while he's driving

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I hate it and it seems so unsafe. There is nothing illegal about it so I can't do anything but I don't like it. My 7 year old is tall and lanky so he is over the height requirement. No amount of talking changes my ex's mind. He says I'm being over protective and crazy.

I just wish he would put our sons safety first. If there is an accident it would still be safer for him to be in the back.

I just wanted to rant for a minute. Sorry for the bitching.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't know how I would feel about that. Then again, everyone is safer if they're in the backseat when someone is driving. I don't know how tall your son is, but that does seem a bit young. I'm not even sure what the laws are regarding that. Maybe he thinks you're just nagging, and doesn't realize how much it scares you?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:18 am I don't know how I would feel about that. Then again, everyone is safer if they're in the backseat when someone is driving. I don't know how tall your son is, but that does seem a bit young. I'm not even sure what the laws are regarding that. Maybe he thinks you're just nagging, and doesn't realize how much it scares you?
He is 4'10". He is very tall for his age but his dad is 6'9 and I'm over 6 feet so we knew he would be tall.

I talked to my ex about how scared I was about it and he just laughed.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I fully admit to putting my kids in the front seat at an early age so... if he's heavy enough to turn off the passenger air bag it was fine with me. And the way the seat belt sat was important to me. My kids used boosters. If it's not the law you can't force him. I'd be more worried about how he drove tbh.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

A debate post of ‘where is it legal for him to sit in the front’- how original.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It's height that is also a factor. It certainly should be illegal to do what your ex is doing. Contact your lawyer or the police about this. We followed the law to the letter. It's appalling that anyone would be so lazy they won't put your child where he is safest.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:26 am A debate post of ‘where is it legal for him to sit in the front’- how original.
This is not a debate post. I stated what was legal in my situation and if someone wants to debate me on it I just won't.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:34 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:26 am A debate post of ‘where is it legal for him to sit in the front’- how original.
This is not a debate post. I stated what was legal in my situation and if someone wants to debate me on it I just won't.
Right. You want people to challenge you where this is legal. I’ll save them the trouble. Where are you from so we can ‘look it up’
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:42 am
Right. You want people to challenge you where this is legal. I’ll save them the trouble. Where are you from so we can ‘look it up’
Nice try. I'm not debating this have a nice day.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:43 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:42 am

Nice try. I'm not debating this have a nice day.
So you will not answer where you are from? Lame troll!
Locked Previous topicNext topic