I need someone to explain to me how all lives matter is racist.

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:10 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:54 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:52 pm

the same shit happens to white people. it just doesn't hit the media
Lol...not exactly.
Actually..exactly. My husband's cousin was killed by police officers in a jail cell. He was white. Didn't hear about it did you?
a few years back in my town a white man was in jail. he was OD'ing. he begged for help. he begged to be taken to the hospital. he was ignored. He died in jail due to an overdose. nobody heard about that outside of my area. if he would have been black. the whole world would have known.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

you already know.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Mamaof4 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:13 pm You wouldn’t go to a breast cancer fundraiser and chastise them because all cancers matter, would you? Same concept. Black lives matter is saying that all lives matter, and that black lives matter too since apparently the justice system doesn’t understand that. All lives matter is 9/10 meant in a racist way. It’s used to undermine the danger that black lives are in.
I question your 9/10 there. I think the phrase "black lives matter" is a terrible rallying cry, regardless of how worthy the cause, because, quite literally...duh, all lives really do matter. I think a better catch phrase or hashtag would have a better chance of uniting people with one voice.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Mamaof5
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:10 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:54 pm

Lol...not exactly.
Actually..exactly. My husband's cousin was killed by police officers in a jail cell. He was white. Didn't hear about it did you?
Absolutely no one is saying that’s okay. The entire point of BLM is police reform so that everyone, regardless of their color, gets treated as they should. Police brutality is an issue. It’s an issue that affects disproportionately black men, but it does happen to others and it needs to change.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:20 pm
Mamaof4 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:13 pm You wouldn’t go to a breast cancer fundraiser and chastise them because all cancers matter, would you? Same concept. Black lives matter is saying that all lives matter, and that black lives matter too since apparently the justice system doesn’t understand that. All lives matter is 9/10 meant in a racist way. It’s used to undermine the danger that black lives are in.
I question your 9/10 there. I think the phrase "black lives matter" is a terrible rallying cry, regardless of how worthy the cause, because, quite literally...duh, all lives really do matter. I think a better catch phrase or hashtag would have a better chance of uniting people with one voice.
"Black Lives Matter Too"?
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:50 pm It's argumentative. Its a rebuttal or a retort to "black lives matter" It's dismissive of the issue of black folks being killed unjustly while their killers suffer too little consequence.

That said, its completely stupid to assume somebody who says "all lives matter" is racist or holds racist points of view.
and when a white person is killed by cops there is no push back, no protests, no nothing.

but if the cops DONT kill a person during a risky arrest and that person is white, thats racist too, its like some people think they SHOULD have been killed during the arrest (Jagmeet Singh of the NDP party I am pointing this directly at you)

right now in Canada, I just ** throws hands in the air and shakes head** I don't even know what to think right now.

you can't even say anything that doesn't support the current narrative without being called a racist.

I'm seeing a lot locally, like in Saskatoon, where the police are dealing with a massive amount of drug addicts and increasing violent gang activity, and often they are called to attend to a matter and get there and the individual is in drug induced psychosis, and can be very hard to deal with, often hostile and noncompliant, and at times violent, and force is needed to deal with these individuals.

one of my best friends is a cop.
the shit he deals with when he is on shift....**shakes my head**......now a local harm reduction group in Saskatoon has decided they will be responding to wellness checks and mental health related calls INSTEAD of the SPS.
these people are volunteers, they have ZERO training in crisis intervention and de escalation and many of these volunteers live in the community affected ( although these types of calls come from all over the city from every ethnicity) hahaha.....

I've done foot patrol in pleasant hill, I've worked as a crisis counsellor and ....I don't even know what to say, apart from "good luck getting liability insurance"

F***ing have at it.

lets see how this goes then.
CHAZ didn't go so well and they were policing their little 7 blocks, and the "CHAZ security forces" who were patrolling CHAZ used violent force to keep that 7 blocks under control....
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:24 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:20 pm
"Black Lives Matter Too"?

they won't like that one, it still has the word "black" in it.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

is main the new political side of this site?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don’t think it is. I actually think that is true equality and unity.
Racism won’t end until we stop creating these divisions and just realize that we’re ALL. And that goes for both sides, because both sides are to blame for the discord and division we’re seeing now.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You really can’t see how specifying a race would be considered exclusionary and racist in the current social environment as opposed to having a fundraiser for a type of cancer?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic