Rage over an accidental bump.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:58 am So you have seen a single person with no weapon of any kind rip someone from a locked and running vehicle that had plenty of space to simply drive away?

You certainly can agree to disagree, and you will still be wrong. that woman was not in any danger, not even slightly in danger. Now she’s in jail tho, because you can’t just go around pulling guns on people who are frustrating but not an actual threat.
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:08 am
moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:13 am it was a single unarmed person, not a mob. lock the door and drive away, it's that simple. she wasn’t in danger and had no businesses pointing a gun at anyone.

you may disagree all you like. you’ll be wrong every time.
Jumped on is figure of speech that doesn’t necessarily mean a mob type fight where I’m from.

Neither one of us have a way of knowing what would have happened if she hadn’t pulled the gun as it relates to the potential danger she was facing if the situation continued to escalate so that is a matter of opinion and I never once said she shouldn’t have been arrested or she didn’t break the law to be “wrong” factually either.

So yes, we can agree to disagree on the danger she was in.
There is no right or wrong answer to what could have possibly happened and continuing to argue like your point is factual for the sake of arguing is quite honestly, ignorant.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:14 am It doesn't matter whether or not they overreacted to the bump, which we have no way of knowing without seeing what happened before this, or what they said to the woman, there is zero excuse what so ever to point a gun at an unarmed child. They should be arrested for brandishing a firearm and they have no one to blame but themselves.
They’ve been arrested.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:47 am I'd like to see this bump. Is there video of it?

Personally, I wouldn't have gotten out unless the other party really started damaging my vehicle. I also wouldn't have revealed the gun. Once in the vehicle and backing out, I'd have left (though I probably would have waited somewhere for the police). My SUV weighs about 6500 pounds, if I didn't have enough room to drive forward, I'd have kept inching back. It's as deadly as a gun.

All that said, if I bump into someone or they bump into me, I say excuse me and I'm sorry regardless.

I don’t own a gun, so that is what I probably would have done too.

I think there is a second video, maybe Chipotle’s but it hasn’t been released.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:41 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:47 am I'd like to see this bump. Is there video of it?

Personally, I wouldn't have gotten out unless the other party really started damaging my vehicle. I also wouldn't have revealed the gun. Once in the vehicle and backing out, I'd have left (though I probably would have waited somewhere for the police). My SUV weighs about 6500 pounds, if I didn't have enough room to drive forward, I'd have kept inching back. It's as deadly as a gun.

All that said, if I bump into someone or they bump into me, I say excuse me and I'm sorry regardless.

I don’t own a gun, so that is what I probably would have done too.

I think there is a second video, maybe Chipotle’s but it hasn’t been released.
I have some, but only for home defense, hunting, or target shooting. I don't carry, even in the vehicle.

I wasn't aware. It would be interesting to see.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Consider learning how to have an actual conversation with others who may not agree with you vs behaving like a high school kid who's getting upset and throws a little tantrum because their points are not being accepted.

I asked a question, Moviestar. I did not make any assumptions. Based on some of your responses in this thread, I wondered if you had actually viewed the entire video.

There was more than one woman so again, I have to wonder if you have seen the full video.

The other woman who was being harassed should not have pulled out a gun. However, the Mother/daughter duo were clearly not going to listen to her apology (something I am not sure if you've come to understand....the woman with the gun initially apologized), and seemed to be looking for a fight.

None of them were correct in how they behaved. This could have been easily diffused by the Mother/daughter duo accepting the apology for the accidental bump of the 15-year old and then all moving on.

You appear to be emotionally invested in this story given your replies to me and to others. The onus is on you to figure out why....if you're even interested in doing so.

moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:49 am Consider taking your ASSumptions somewhere else. I saw the full video, in which there was only one person standing anywhere near that van, and also in which the van had more than enough space to simply drive away. The child (NOT woman, again wtf?) may have been present but she was even less of a threat than the lone woman armed with a cell phone. A negative threat. She’s wrong and so are you, and IDGAF if you like it.
AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:51 am You haven't seen the entire video, have you?

It was not a single person. It was a Mother/daughter duo who wouldn't accept the other woman's apology for the accidental bumping into the 15-year old. These two women continued to harass the couple with the Mother going to stand behind the back of the couple's vehicle, getting in the way as the couple was trying to pull out of their parking spot, and slamming on their vehicle.

Consider viewing the FULL video before you call someone else wrong.

moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:13 am it was a single unarmed person, not a mob. lock the door and drive away, it's that simple. she wasn’t in danger and had no businesses pointing a gun at anyone.

Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Then that woman and her daughter learned something that day didn’t they?

Maybe people shouldn’t pull a gun on you for verbal aggression, but they might. So choose carefully how often you scream at strangers.
moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:46 am Everyone should know that you can’t threaten people with a gun over a verbal altercation. That’s why she got arrested.
Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:00 pm
Aletheia wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:36 pm
No "but"s.

A physically aggressive response to a purely verbally aggressive interaction is always crossing the line.

Threatening lethal force is so far beyond the line, it's insane.
No it isn’t. A verbally aggressive confrontation is an aggressive confrontation.

Every person should know not to aggressively confront someone without being shown aggression in return.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The difference is that you would choose to teach others that they can treat you that way and you will shy away and flee the situation.

Other people absolutely do not share that opinion on what should be taught to other people on how they will react. Some people literally come from cultures where backing down and showing the lesser amount of aggression would equate to weakness and there is no worse of an insult.

There is a reason why the most historically violent cultures now have such exacting standards for how to interact with manners, and they hold to them.

SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:45 am
moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:33 am lose a baby? wtf? SHE WAS INSIDE OF A VEHICLE. She was in absolutely zero danger.
You’ve never seen someone get snatched out of a car and jumped or fight a pregnant woman? I have.

So yes, if she is indeed pregnant, she had to think about the risks if someone has threatening to psychically best her multiple times.

You may agree to disagree too.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:56 am f**k off. She was in a vehicle with closed windows and plenty of space to drive away from the one person she was engaged with. none of your screeching will get her out of the felony she was righty charged with.
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:42 am

You can't drive away when in individual chooses to stand behind your car and block your escape from the situation. That is what drove the woman to get out of the van in the first place, because the instigator stood behind her vehicle while they were trying to take themselves out of the situation.

You corner a person, especially now, and you don't know what you're going to get in response. Some people aren't reacting in a measured manner now, because no one knows what's going to happen when a stranger approaches them in a hostile manner.

I'm guessing based on your comments, you probably haven't been watching what's going on. It's not your fault then. Let me help you get familiar with what's happening today - here's a few examples of what the woman with the gun may have seen and had in her mind as far as how people are treating their fellow humans today.

You're welcome!
LMMFAO

What a lovely, intelligent response!

Providing you with examples of why someone would be in fear is screeching? I know you comrades don't like logic and facts. It hurts!

I've stated in another response that I believe she overreacted and that I personally wouldn't have drawn in that situation. I think she's going to end up getting popped for brandishing when this goes to court.

However, after seeing what I've been seeing, I can certainly empathize with where an overreaction might come from. Exacerbating that is the fact that she's pregnant and would likely not want to risk a physical altercation with someone who's blocking her in. So she put an end to it.

Run along now. I'm sure you have some communist protest to go stand in the middle of an expressway for to get the police defunded. Don't get hit as you run into traffic now!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:31 am Consider learning how to have an actual conversation with others who may not agree with you vs behaving like a high school kid who's getting upset and throws a little tantrum because their points are not being accepted.

I asked a question, Moviestar. I did not make any assumptions. Based on some of your responses in this thread, I wondered if you had actually viewed the entire video.

There was more than one woman so again, I have to wonder if you have seen the full video.

The other woman who was being harassed should not have pulled out a gun. However, the Mother/daughter duo were clearly not going to listen to her apology (something I am not sure if you've come to understand....the woman with the gun initially apologized), and seemed to be looking for a fight.

None of them were correct in how they behaved. This could have been easily diffused by the Mother/daughter duo accepting the apology for the accidental bump of the 15-year old and then all moving on.

You appear to be emotionally invested in this story given your replies to me and to others. The onus is on you to figure out why....if you're even interested in doing so.

moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:49 am Consider taking your ASSumptions somewhere else. I saw the full video, in which there was only one person standing anywhere near that van, and also in which the van had more than enough space to simply drive away. The child (NOT woman, again wtf?) may have been present but she was even less of a threat than the lone woman armed with a cell phone. A negative threat. She’s wrong and so are you, and IDGAF if you like it.
AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:51 am You haven't seen the entire video, have you?

It was not a single person. It was a Mother/daughter duo who wouldn't accept the other woman's apology for the accidental bumping into the 15-year old. These two women continued to harass the couple with the Mother going to stand behind the back of the couple's vehicle, getting in the way as the couple was trying to pull out of their parking spot, and slamming on their vehicle.

Consider viewing the FULL video before you call someone else wrong.

LOL
It gave me a "f**k off" when I posted videos showing people being attacked in their cars. You received a mild reaction.

The point is, the people were TRYING to leave. The aggressor chose to stand behind their vehicle and pretend like they were trying to run her over. I also believe I saw at one point it mentioned that there was a third female in addition to the aggressor and the 15 year old.

The aggressor was over the top incensed about bumping into a teenager. It's something that accidentally happens all of the time. The woman with the gun didn't knock down the aggressors 5 year old. She bumped a child that's close to the size of an adult. There was no report of this being intentional. It's being reported as a bump.

The aggressor was obviously worked up, given the extreme over reaction to what is an otherwise innocuous situation. The woman in the van, given this extreme over reaction, couldn't know what to expect from the aggressor, could she?

Once they got in the van they were pinned in. There's only 2 options: run this woman over to get away, or do something to make her move. The aggressor pinned them there by her own actions. The people in the van were cornered. You corner any animal while being aggressive, nature tells that animal to fight it's way out. It's that simple.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:57 pm Then that woman and her daughter learned something that day didn’t they?

Maybe people shouldn’t pull a gun on you for verbal aggression, but they might. So choose carefully how often you scream at strangers.
moviestar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:46 am Everyone should know that you can’t threaten people with a gun over a verbal altercation. That’s why she got arrested.
Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:00 pm

No it isn’t. A verbally aggressive confrontation is an aggressive confrontation.

Every person should know not to aggressively confront someone without being shown aggression in return.
I agree. It’s not rocket science. Don’t ask for smoke if you don’t want it. This spoiled brat mentality that it’s okay to act like that and shame the person who reacts sets a dangerous precedence because real life just doesn’t work that way and the streets can be incredibly unpredictable, so the woman has no way of knowing how far the other lady would go.

Again, I don’t own a gun but she would had a choice to either move out of the way or get ran over.
Locked Previous topicNext topic