Rough polling stretch has GOP operatives asking: Could Trump drop out?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Compared to Trump's recent speeches, I'm not at all worried about how Biden can handle himself. This was the calm, sensible, compassionate leadership we need.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I find all those Trumpers claiming that Biden is senile, incoherent and showing obvious signs of dementia laughable. How did they missed all that in their beloved guru!?!? But hey, they spot it in a second in Biden, even if they’re completely blinded.😂
I guess what they’re doing here is the good old “I’m rubber, you’re glue” tactic, emulating the maturity level of Trump.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:03 am
Francee89 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:07 am
Mr.Smile wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:17 pm You people are salivating, lol

Trump would be humiliated if he lost the popular vote? He won a bigger percentage of the popular vote (46%) than bill Clinton (43%) in 1992 even though Clinton won the popular vote, its all relative and 3rd party candidates impact it. We are more divided than ever, the founding fathers gave us an electoral college to make sure mob rule was never an issue and to prevent civil wars. In fact, its the only reason smaller population states agreed to being united states rather than individual countries. if 51% tries to forever dominate 49% we will end up in a civil war and I don't think anyone wants that. thank god we had such wise amazing founders who foresaw so much. If only idiots could learn from them...

Joe biden's strategy since the "you ain't black" comment has been to hide from the public for weeks. He's hiding so no one can see his dementia and gaffs on display. just wait until the debates, there's no way Biden will come out looking good.

Biden has just said hes going to ban the sale of AR15s and institute a gun buy back program, right when gun sales have been record breaking. right when Americans have come to realize the left is insane and will burn down entire cities to get what they want. no one will support having their gun rights infringed on right now.
This “wait until the debates” stuff is hilarious. Biden debated Bernie in the primary, did just fine and rambling, gaffe prone Donald is hardly some kind of debating pro. He’s laid low because Trump is doing just fine tanking his poll/approval numbers without Biden having to lift a finger or spend a single dollar.
How utterly delusional of you.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 055183002/

For most of the time I was watching Sunday’s Democratic debate between Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden, I was trying to figure out why it was so frustrating. Sure there were ideologically illustrative moments — as when Sanders argued that coronavirus stems from a larger emergency of health and economic inequality that requires a systemic response, versus Biden wanting to focus on the outbreak as a discrete challenge. And there were newsworthy moments — as when they tried to portray slivers of each other’s historical records as endemically problematic, or when Biden promised to have a woman as running mate if he’s the nominee (a commitment Sanders refused to make).

Those elements and more would usually be catnip for folks like me, looking for meaningful grist for our meaning-making mills. And yet… somehow, I guess on an emotional level, the debate felt at best unsatisfying and at times downright absurd. Why? I’ve got five theories. Here they are:

....................Continued........
Lol what? Not a single part of your little opinion piece said Biden performed poorly, just that the writer wasn’t personally satisfied watching it. It does absolutely nothing to contradict what I said: that Biden debated Bernie with no evidence of this supposed cognitive decline showing or any major gaffes, and he will be debating Trump, who is extremely gaffe prone, lies constantly and frequently speaks in word salads. It’s hilarious that Trump supporters would think it’ll be some kind of nail in the coffin for Biden when Trump is his opponent here.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:49 pm
Francee89 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:07 am

This “wait until the debates” stuff is hilarious. Biden debated Bernie in the primary, did just fine and rambling, gaffe prone Donald is hardly some kind of debating pro. He’s laid low because Trump is doing just fine tanking his poll/approval numbers without Biden having to lift a finger or spend a single dollar.

For most of the time I was watching Sunday’s Democratic debate between Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden, I was trying to figure out why it was so frustrating. Sure there were ideologically illustrative moments — as when Sanders argued that coronavirus stems from a larger emergency of health and economic inequality that requires a systemic response, versus Biden wanting to focus on the outbreak as a discrete challenge. And there were newsworthy moments — as when they tried to portray slivers of each other’s historical records as endemically problematic, or when Biden promised to have a woman as running mate if he’s the nominee (a commitment Sanders refused to make).

Those elements and more would usually be catnip for folks like me, looking for meaningful grist for our meaning-making mills. And yet… somehow, I guess on an emotional level, the debate felt at best unsatisfying and at times downright absurd. Why? I’ve got five theories. Here they are:

Lol what? Not a single part of your little opinion piece said Biden performed poorly, just that the writer wasn’t personally satisfied watching it. It does absolutely nothing to contradict what I said: that Biden debated Bernie with no evidence of this supposed cognitive decline showing or any major gaffes, and he will be debating Trump, who is extremely gaffe prone, lies constantly and frequently speaks in word salads. It’s hilarious that Trump supporters would think it’ll be some kind of nail in the coffin for Biden when Trump is his opponent here.
Do you need glasses, or is your comprehension of what you see that poor? Biden was either dozing off a lot during that debate or he was checking the whole spiel from note cards prepared by someone else. He was constantly looking down.

There are plenty more videos where these came from. The ones he's been broadcasting from his basement are so bad, they're hysterical.

Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:53 pm

Do you need glasses, or is your comprehension of what you see that poor? Biden was either dozing off a lot during that debate or he was checking the whole spiel from note cards prepared by someone else. He was constantly looking down.

There are plenty more videos where these came from. The ones he's been broadcasting from his basement are so bad, they're hysterical.

Lol! My reading comprehension is good enough to know that the op-ed you posted did absolutely nothing to refute my point. Projecting much?

Making and checking notes during a debate is exceedingly common. Any proof he brought them in? And he obviously wasn’t sleeping, lol.

Once again, no one is arguing Biden is some kind of expert orator - he’s not. But he’s going against Trump, who frequently sounds incoherent and idiotic, so it’s a joke to act like the debates will be some kind of game changing slam dunk for Trump.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:06 pm
Mommamia wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:53 pm

Lol! My reading comprehension is good enough to know that the op-ed you posted did absolutely nothing to refute my point. Projecting much?

Making and checking notes during a debate is exceedingly common. Any proof he brought them in? And he obviously wasn’t sleeping, lol.

Once again, no one is arguing Biden is some kind of expert orator - he’s not. But he’s going against Trump, who frequently sounds incoherent and idiotic, so it’s a joke to act like the debates will be some kind of game changing slam dunk for Trump.
The joke will be on you and the rest of the lemmings.
Locked Previous topicNext topic