Do any of you live

Anonymous 2

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:49 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:15 pm
mojogirl wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:11 pm It has exploded in my area. Mandatory masks starts today. We'll see. People here don't seem to take it all seriously. Numbers are insane.
What state are you in? Here in Connecticut we have all been dutifully wearing our masks since April and our numbers are looking good. Same will our tri-state neighbors and Massachusetts.
I'm in Texas, a non-meteopolitan area in the middle of not much but home to a very large university. Covid is basically a joke and been highly politicized. And my area is very very red.
There appears to be a lot of us versus them going on in this country right now. I hope people wear their masks, but it sounds like they won’t.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:32 pm I cried today. Although Kansas is lower population density, our numbers our trending up quickly. We had very low numbers, we did not open too quickly, we did not have massive protests or huge events...but here we are in the same boat as many states.

I have co-workers which have fallen ill. I am glad to know many that have recovered fine, but still I worry about families watching their loved ones get so sick and some die.

I wonder is there really anyway to prevent it since we really we can't shelter in place for years on end.

And then I think about the destruction to the economy, when we are going to get inevitably all get exposed anyway.

Sorry, to vent, but I'm pretty depressed if I allow my mind to dwell on it.
I’m not sure if this will cheer you up, but apparently 85% of income in the US is earned by white collar households whose income has not changed during the pandemic. Almost all of these households can work from home pretty indefinitely, and these are also the households that tend to have savings but since their income has not changed they haven’t needed to dip into savings. What does this all mean? That economic recovery should happen fairly quickly once fear of the virus is under control, either through medical solutions or people collectively saying “f**k it.”

Of course the downside is that the 15% of income that is earned by blue collar workers has been completely ravaged and those households tend to not have savings. It’s a very unfortunate situation for lower income earners who are far more likely to be unemployed right now.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:21 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:32 pm I cried today. Although Kansas is lower population density, our numbers our trending up quickly. We had very low numbers, we did not open too quickly, we did not have massive protests or huge events...but here we are in the same boat as many states.

I have co-workers which have fallen ill. I am glad to know many that have recovered fine, but still I worry about families watching their loved ones get so sick and some die.

I wonder is there really anyway to prevent it since we really we can't shelter in place for years on end.

And then I think about the destruction to the economy, when we are going to get inevitably all get exposed anyway.

I’m not sure if this will cheer you up, but apparently 85% of income in the US is earned by white collar households whose income has not changed during the pandemic. Almost all of these households can work from home pretty indefinitely, and these are also the households that tend to have savings but since their income has not changed they haven’t needed to dip into savings. What does this all mean? That economic recovery should happen fairly quickly once fear of the virus is under control, either through medical solutions or people collectively saying “f**k it.”

Of course the downside is that the 15% of income that is earned by blue collar workers has been completely ravaged and those households tend to not have savings. It’s a very unfortunate situation for lower income earners who are far more likely to be unemployed right now.
Thank you for trying.

But I do not think that report takes in the account that many white-collar employers have not had multiple quarters of decreased earning & revenue. But it is coming.

We have not felt the full impact of lack of tourism, change behavior spending & shopping habits due to our lifestyle changing significantly. For example did you see Nike earnings, as they report earlier than other companies, in store sales are down significantly. Over the next 1-3 years, some of those 85% will have their jobs eliminated. Marketing, customer support, management jobs will definitely be impacted, and it just doesn’t happen overnight, but ii am afraid it will happen.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes..in my area the number were fairly low in April and May.. Now the number is fairly high. Before masks were suggested now you can’t enter any building without a mask.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:52 pm

Thank you for trying.

But I do not think that report takes in the account that many white-collar employers have not had multiple quarters of decreased earning & revenue. But it is coming.

We have not felt the full impact of lack of tourism, change behavior spending & shopping habits due to our lifestyle changing significantly. For example did you see Nike earnings, as they report earlier than other companies, in store sales are down significantly. Over the next 1-3 years, some of those 85% will have their jobs eliminated. Marketing, customer support, management jobs will definitely be impacted, and it just doesn’t happen overnight, but ii am afraid it will happen.
What is the basis of your assumption that companies will suffer multiple quarters of decreased earnings? Given that 85% of income represents a significantly higher proportion of disposable income for saving and spending than the 15% of blue collar income, spending and investing levels should return to normal fairly quickly once people get past their fear of the virus. That’s the whole point....
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Does it count when they've been shipping all the Covid patients from 2 counties south to our hospital because they defunded and closed all but one hospital in their county which is now overrun? Otherwise our numbers are low and the only cases we have really seen are asymptomatic cases among agricultural workers (Who they've been testing on a weekly basis since end of April)
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:12 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:52 pm

Thank you for trying.

What is the basis of your assumption that companies will suffer multiple quarters of decreased earnings? Given that 85% of income represents a significantly higher proportion of disposable income for saving and spending than the 15% of blue collar income, spending and investing levels should return to normal fairly quickly once people get past their fear of the virus. That’s the whole point....
Maybe I am wrong! I would love to be. Really! If you are an Econ guru, I am not! I am basing this on reading things like Wall Street journal and economic Apple news articles, watching CNBC fast money and basically all those shows. As well personal experience with the healthcare industry & my DH’s company & watching family & friends.

From my understanding, 70% of the economy is driven by consumer spending & people do not need clothes, as many school supplies, items for vacations, haircuts, GPS devices. Not as many vehicles. There is no need to keep up with the Jones, so although some home improvement spending is up, people are not preparing for entertaining. Although there are small segments, personal fitness (which is why I was shocked with the Nike earnings) & camping, and of course some people are just soothing their soul shopping, as a whole spending is down.

I do not see our behavior returning to normal with current transmission numbers.

But as I said I hope you are right! I want to be all worried for no reason at all. That would be a win-win!!
Anonymous 9

Unread post

I'm sorry, LIveWhatULove. Stay safe. HUG.

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:11 pm It has exploded in my area. Mandatory masks starts today. We'll see. People here don't seem to take it all seriously. Numbers are insane.
People actually getting sick and going to the hospital, or positive people being discovered because of this testing obsession?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:01 pm Me and DH and our kids think we all had it at the same time in February. My DH asked his dr. last week if he could get an antibody test and his dr. said no. I don't get it!

quote=MonkeySeeMonkeyDo post_id=751713 time=1593447924 user_id=1001]
Yep. I live in Houston.

Want to know the fucked up part? I want to get a test. I’m having a hard time breathing and although I have a feeling it’s the high high humidity coupled with the dust in the air is still like to find out and I can’t find a place where I can actually get the test this week....

Going to call my doc here shortly and ask them
[/quote]

I just was watching videos by a couple of doctors talking about it and they were saying that many of the anti body responses are weak in a lot of people who've had it and tested positive for it, so they don't really show up on tests. If that makes you feel better at all :)
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic