Hard to be sympathetic when people are harmed by their own stupidity.

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

A 72-year-old woman was gored by a bison at Yellowstone National Park when she tried to take a picture

The woman approached the bison to take a picture and got within 10 feet of it multiple times before it gored her on June 25, according to the release.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/biso ... index.html

I've been to Yellowstone. They have warnings all over the place in multiple forms about keeping your distance from the animals. It also doesn't take a master's degree to know that wild animals are in fact wild. Therefore, when people ignore the warnings and end up getting hurt, it's really hard to feel sorry for them. That's my confession.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I swear we just need to remove all the warning labels (or signs) and just let nature take it's course and weed out the stupid for us.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I don't feel bad for idiots that are hurt because of their own stupidity. This goes triple for the rioting rabble rousers that challenge the police by being assholes during a peaceful protest
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Darwin at work
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:59 pm I swear we just need to remove all the warning labels (or signs) and just let nature take it's course and weed out the stupid for us.
I agree do we really need to be told to not use a blow dryer while in the shower or not to use a hair straightener on your eyelashes? Obviously someone somewhere tried this
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I hear what you are saying, I really do. You shouldn't mess with nature, she'll usually win every damn time!!

But, I don't know, I still feel bad. What an awful way to die, and I bet that person brought joy to some people's lives. And she was 72, she could have the start of dementia, sometimes, they make impulsive decisions or start showing poor judgments.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:10 pm I hear what you are saying, I really do. You shouldn't mess with nature, she'll usually win every damn time!!

But, I don't know, I still feel bad. What an awful way to die, and I bet that person brought joy to some people's lives. And she was 72, she could have the start of dementia, sometimes, they make impulsive decisions or start showing poor judgments.
Did she die? Because the article I posted doesn't say that. It says she was gored several times and flown to the hospital for treatment. Usually, even if she died at the hospital, the article would mention something like "where she later died from her injuries". So at this point I assume she survived.

I get what you are saying. On some level I do feel bad. But here's my pet peeve with these things. Time and time again when people are injured or die at National Parks because of their own stupidity, the National Park ends up being sued as if they should have been able to control wild animals. National Parks especially need care taken around animals. It's not a zoo with fences and other barriers. And when National Parks are sued, even if the NP wins, that's still money taken away from maintaining the park.

My family, we love National Parks. We always take care to research the warnings and guidelines and teach them to our kids so we can have a very enjoyable and safe visit. It irks me when others don't do the same.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:26 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:10 pm I hear what you are saying, I really do. You shouldn't mess with nature, she'll usually win every damn time!!

Did she die? Because the article I posted doesn't say that. It says she was gored several times and flown to the hospital for treatment. Usually, even if she died at the hospital, the article would mention something like "where she later died from her injuries". So at this point I assume she survived.

I get what you are saying. On some level I do feel bad. But here's my pet peeve with these things. Time and time again when people are injured or die at National Parks because of their own stupidity, the National Park ends up being sued as if they should have been able to control wild animals. National Parks especially need care taken around animals. It's not a zoo with fences and other barriers. And when National Parks are sued, even if the NP wins, that's still money taken away from maintaining the park.

My family, we love National Parks. We always take care to research the warnings and guidelines and teach them to our kids so we can have a very enjoyable and safe visit. It irks me when others don't do the same.
What really bothers me is when animals are put down because of humans’ foolishness and stupidity.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

lauren08 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:47 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:26 pm

What really bothers me is when animals are put down because of humans’ foolishness and stupidity.
That too.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:31 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:59 pm I swear we just need to remove all the warning labels (or signs) and just let nature take it's course and weed out the stupid for us.
I agree do we really need to be told to not use a blow dryer while in the shower or not to use a hair straightener on your eyelashes? Obviously someone somewhere tried this
This is why I live for seemingly obvious safety warnings. There's a reason why the someone felt the need to point it out. I find it hilarious to imagine who might have inspired the need for a warning, and how.
Locked Previous topicNext topic