I think his dd is trying to push my buttons.

Anonymous 10

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:41 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:34 am
agander2017 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:27 am This whole post had me confused. Yikes. Okay, it's Monday, and it's been a busy weekend haha. I think I got it now.

I think you handled it really good. Next time she does it, tell her she's not going and get her out of your car.
Hopefully her father would stand up for her if Op took that advice because thats a completely unhinged way to deal with something so minor.
The daughter is 23 years old. There is no need for her father to step in and say anything. She's an adult, and she was doing it to be rude. If her father was any kind of man, he would have told her to get in the backseat, because that's his wife's seat. Judging from RB's previous posts, this guy isn't a good person, and not much of a man anyways.
When you had a one month old baby, did you sit in the front seat with your DH or the backseat with your baby?
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:13 pm

Hopefully her father would stand up for her if Op took that advice because thats a completely unhinged way to deal with something so minor.
The daughter is 23 years old. There is no need for her father to step in and say anything. She's an adult, and she was doing it to be rude. If her father was any kind of man, he would have told her to get in the backseat, because that's his wife's seat. Judging from RB's previous posts, this guy isn't a good person, and not much of a man anyways.
When you had a one month old baby, did you sit in the front seat with your DH or the backseat with your baby?
I sat in the backseat, but that was my choice. Not everyone makes that same choice.

Anonymous 7

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:45 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:39 pm What kind of car do you have?
I have a SUV that I'm about to trade in within the next month or so.
You're back to work already?
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think you look for issues where you don’t need to, everything is some kind of slight to you and you and the person you fathered two kids with can’t simply be happy. It’s a competition for you and you will win every step of the way. What a sad and exhausting way to live.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Does sitting in the backseat with the baby make someone a better mom? I never sat in the backseat with my babies (I was usually the driver) but even when I wasn’t why would I? To stare at them?
Anonymous 8

Unread post

I do think that OP's step daughter (per se), for whatever reason, gets on her nerves. But I think SD darn well knew that OP typically sits in the front seat along side of her boyfriend.

It appears that there's a power struggle between OP and this daughter. If I were OP, I wouldn't give it to her. Each and every time, I'd assert myself and politely tell the daughter what I'll be doing. I wouldn't smirk. I wouldn't smile. I would just be. Eventually, the daughter would get the message that her not liking or accepting me is irrelevant to me. I'd be nice. But I wouldn't put up with or engage in BS.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Wait I thought you were leaving him?
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I sat in the front seat with my husband. Heck even when my in-laws come to visit I sit with my husband since it’s my car. Now I do let my FIL sit in the front when we’e traveling to the beach(6 hour drive) but not just to a restaurant etc. But my FIL use to let my husband sit in front when he was a teen and my MIL had to sit in the back. I told my husband the front seat is mine unless I choose to sit in the back.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:27 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:45 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:39 pm What kind of car do you have?
I have a SUV that I'm about to trade in within the next month or so.
You're back to work already?
No. Where did you read that at?
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:01 am I do think that OP's step daughter (per se), for whatever reason, gets on her nerves. But I think SD darn well knew that OP typically sits in the front seat along side of her boyfriend.

It appears that there's a power struggle between OP and this daughter. If I were OP, I wouldn't give it to her. Each and every time, I'd assert myself and politely tell the daughter what I'll be doing. I wouldn't smirk. I wouldn't smile. I would just be. Eventually, the daughter would get the message that her not liking or accepting me is irrelevant to me. I'd be nice. But I wouldn't put up with or engage in BS.
You are absolutely right. I don't dislike his dd, I just notice she feels the need to do things to appear to be the woman in charge of the household when she's here. I usually always ignore her but there was no way in hell that I was going to sit in the back seat of my own car especially since I know her intentions weren't well.
Locked Previous topicNext topic