Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes. I'm in Arizona.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Our governor has extended us being in phase two for about a month. There has been little improvement since we when into this phase. We barely met the mark to even go into it.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:15 pm
mojogirl wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:11 pm It has exploded in my area. Mandatory masks starts today. We'll see. People here don't seem to take it all seriously. Numbers are insane.
What state are you in? Here in Connecticut we have all been dutifully wearing our masks since April and our numbers are looking good. Same will our tri-state neighbors and Massachusetts.
I'm in Texas, a non-meteopolitan area in the middle of not much but home to a very large university. Covid is basically a joke and been highly politicized. And my area is very very red.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Yes I'm in California
Anonymous 6

Unread post

We are seeing a spike. Highest number of cases since April. Our death rate however remains very low.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:07 pm in an area where COVID 19 has gotten a lot worse/more cases/more people in the hospital,etc? I have seen it on the news the last few days. Just wondered how things are for you.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

High cases, low deaths and vent usage. Florida
Deleted User 203

Unread post

We are and it's all due to a variety of things....reopening too soon, no mandatory masks (this has changed in MY county here in AZ as of last week), and taking for granted the better percentages/numbers we had before May 15th (when we reopened) and too many living life like they did prior to the pandemic when we reopened.

Our governor has now put into place effective today, to once again close favorite spots for us Zonies for at least the next thirty days if not longer: bars, movie theaters, gyms, water parks, and tubing down the rivers is now a no-no and they will no longer be open.

My family will keep doing as we've done since this all began and hopefully will remain to stay safe.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I cried today. Although Kansas is lower population density, our numbers our trending up quickly. We had very low numbers, we did not open too quickly, we did not have massive protests or huge events...but here we are in the same boat as many states.

I have co-workers which have fallen ill. I am glad to know many that have recovered fine, but still I worry about families watching their loved ones get so sick and some die.

I wonder is there really anyway to prevent it since we really we can't shelter in place for years on end.

And then I think about the destruction to the economy, when we are going to get inevitably all get exposed anyway.

Sorry, to vent, but I'm pretty depressed if I allow my mind to dwell on it.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:07 pm in an area where COVID 19 has gotten a lot worse/more cases/more people in the hospital,etc? I have seen it on the news the last few days. Just wondered how things are for you.
my county has gotten over 100 cases since june1st
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I’m sorry you are feeling down. I have a little more anxiety with all of this getting worse. I need to buy some more products to stock up on some things...something that makes me feel a tiny bit in control even if I’m not. I didn’t mind not leaving the house for over 2 months but now that it’s summer and the kids want to do things, it’s a lot of mask wearing and today my son felt dizzy from wearing the mask. It’s just a crappy situation all around.

quote=LiveWhatULove post_id=752031 time=1593484375 user_id=153]
I cried today. Although Kansas is lower population density, our numbers our trending up quickly. We had very low numbers, we did not open too quickly, we did not have massive protests or huge events...but here we are in the same boat as many states.

I have co-workers which have fallen ill. I am glad to know many that have recovered fine, but still I worry about families watching their loved ones get so sick and some die.

I wonder is there really anyway to prevent it since we really we can't shelter in place for years on end.

And then I think about the destruction to the economy, when we are going to get inevitably all get exposed anyway.

Sorry, to vent, but I'm pretty depressed if I allow my mind to dwell on it.
[/quote]
Locked Previous topicNext topic