FBI finds no crime over noose in Bubba Wallace NASCAR garage, says it was there since 2019

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:02 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:20 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:36 pm

I said it was stupid for people not to understand why people assumed it was a noose. It turned out it wasn't but some people are claiming it was stupid to assume it was a noose.
I know what you said and I was agreeing with you. It’s not a stupid assumption because it was a noose by definition. It just wasn’t used with racist intent apparently. I think people saying it was a stupid assumption doesn’t understand that.

But it wasn’t stupid for NASCAR or Wallace to assume it was. I would have been WTF about it too and wanted to confirm the reason why it was put there, especially with the current racial tensions and how heated people are about NASCAR’s decision to ban confederate flags.
Oh, ok. Sometimes my sentences are as clear as mud, I thought it might not make sense.

Especially when you see the picture Wellpreserved posted. It looked exactly like a noose. No surprise that was the first thing to come to mind.
Oh no, it made sense. 🙂
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:29 am
WellPreserved wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:08 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:57 pm

They're taller overhead doors, so they need something extending down off the handle to grab. It's the world's tiniest "noose". It's a type of knot that looks like a noose, and the loop is about the size of a hand. It's not anything big. It's a fishing knot actually, which doesn't tighten like a noose when pressure is applied. It stays stagnant, so it makes a good handle.
And yet only one out of over 1600 garage stall door had one. And have you seen the picture of it? It looks bigger than a hand. It looks like a noose. It is tied like a fishing uni-knot, also called a gallows knot.
That is not big enough to fit a head through it.

It doesn't matter apparently. This will be rammed down everyone's throat for the foreseeable future.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:50 pm

And yet only one out of over 1600 garage stall door had one. And have you seen the picture of it? It looks bigger than a hand. It looks like a noose. It is tied like a fishing uni-knot, also called a gallows knot.

It doesn't matter apparently. This will be rammed down everyone's throat for the foreseeable future.
True. Let's hope the FBI doesn't go bat shit crazy again and send 15 agents to investigate the next supposed noose.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

How do you feel about the owner of the track selling "Bubba Rope" nooses and offering "Heritage Night" at the track - encouraging fans to purchase a variety of items, including Confederate flags and caps, and added, “don’t forget your 2nd Amendment Right, 311 Speedway.”?

https://wfnz.radio.com/blogs/jason-hube ... bubba-rope
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:52 pm

True. Let's hope the FBI doesn't go bat shit crazy again and send 15 agents to investigate the next supposed noose.
I know. What a waste of time and resources.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:32 am

How do you feel about the owner of the track selling "Bubba Rope" nooses and offering "Heritage Night" at the track - encouraging fans to purchase a variety of items, including Confederate flags and caps, and added, “don’t forget your 2nd Amendment Right, 311 Speedway.”?

https://wfnz.radio.com/blogs/jason-hube ... bubba-rope
Have you noticed they can’t even condemn grossly racist incidents. Can only ridicule the fact that it was investigated. If it had turned out to be that someone had planted a noose they would have no comment. Wouldn’t even be able to say it was wrong.
Locked Previous topicNext topic