123,000 deaths so far while Trump makes jokes

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:12 pm
SoFloMom wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:44 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:30 pm

Its a damn shame. These governors who listen to Trump is gonna cost more. Texas numbers are rising as we speak and I don’t be surprised if we don’t SIP again soon.
I’m in Florida and it’s the same thing. Over 100k cases and it seems every day we’re breaking records on new cases. I’m in South Florida and I feel like we’ll be SIP again soon too.
Are masks mandated in buildings? Where I am masks are required in stores, work places, public transportation, pretty much every where that you can't social distance. People comply. The biggest non-compliance issue is when mostly young people are out drinking. They can't seem to follow the rules after a few drinks.

The mayor of my county is “considering enforcing masks”. However all businesses I have been to requires a mask. Stores, work places, public transportation, etc all have a sign and will ask people to leave if they don’t comply.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:30 pm

I’m in Florida and it’s the same thing. Over 100k cases and it seems every day we’re breaking records on new cases. I’m in South Florida and I feel like we’ll be SIP again soon too.
Are masks mandated in buildings? Where I am masks are required in stores, work places, public transportation, pretty much every where that you can't social distance. People comply. The biggest non-compliance issue is when mostly young people are out drinking. They can't seem to follow the rules after a few drinks.

The mayor of my county is “considering enforcing masks”. However all businesses I have been to requires a mask. Stores, work places, public transportation, etc all have a sign and will ask people to leave if they don’t comply.
That's good. I think it helps when stores are able to say that the law is behind them.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:19 pm
Across the United States, 38,115 new infections were reported by state health departments on Wednesday — surpassing the previous single-day record of 34,203 set on April 25. Texas, Florida and California led the way, with all three states reporting more than 5,000 new cases apiece.

Three states — California, Florida and Oklahoma — reported record highs in new single-day coronavirus cases, while hospitalizations hit a new peak in Arizona, where intensive care units have quickly filled.

Even as case numbers climb, reports circulated that the federal government is poised to stop providing federal aid to testing sites in some hard-hit states, including Texas, prompting a top federal official to respond that testing was on the rise.
The Dow Jones fell over 700 points in response to the massive spike of cases.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... pdates-us/
How many times do we have to tell you that WAPO lies it's collective asses off, then you enable them by posting their bs. The Dow Jones did not drop over 700 points.

https://www.kiplinger.com/investing/sto ... -day-surge

A late-day rally drove the Dow, which had declined by as much as 236 points earlier in the day, 299 points higher – a 1.2% gain to 25,745. The S&P 500 finished up 1.1% to 3,083, the tech-heavy Nasdaq gained 1.1% to 10,017, and the small-cap Russell 2000 closed 1.7% higher to 1,413.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Its a damn shame. These governors who listen to Trump is gonna cost more. Texas numbers are rising as we speak and I don’t be surprised if we don’t SIP again soon.
In my state masks are mandated in any indoor public area. However, more and more businesses in my area have signs on the doors stating that "those with medical conditions don't have to wear masks and we aren't going to ask". There are multiple businesses where no one - employees or customers - are wearing masks. <sigh>
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The stock market goes up and down, and is based on many factors. I'm not as concerned about the DOW as I am with people dying and sustaining long-term damage to their organs.

For the POTUS to not take the lead on promoting the actions that can limit transmission is a failure at the most basic level.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:21 pm

It was depressing to see how many people at his rally thought it was funny.

Sad too to see a president ridiculing the name of a virus that has so far killed over 120,000 Americans in less than four months.
I have a dear friend that lives in Florida, so I’ve been keeping up with y’all too.

Same here in Texas. The governor just banned elective surgeries to free up hospital space to meet the medial needs resulting from the spike and companies are moving employees back to work at home.

This is all so draining.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:53 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:21 pm

It was depressing to see how many people at his rally thought it was funny.

Sad too to see a president ridiculing the name of a virus that has so far killed over 120,000 Americans in less than four months.
I'm in Virginia and there has been a significant rise in cases in surrounding counties, most traced to visits to Myrtle Beach. They are now asking those who are returning from Myrtle to self-quarantine for two weeks. South Carolina is getting slammed hard but a lot of those cases are tourists who are taking it back to their home states.
Yeah, the tourist attracting beach areas has been packed so I’m sure we all saw this coming. My friend that lives in Pensacola said the beaches were pretty packed. Hawai’i has done fairly well knock on wood and I pray it stays that way.

I get the economy needs to reopen but I still think we could have done a better job enforcing social distancing instead of fighting and over politicizing it.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:24 pm
Across the United States, 38,115 new infections were reported by state health departments on Wednesday — surpassing the previous single-day record of 34,203 set on April 25. Texas, Florida and California led the way, with all three states reporting more than 5,000 new cases apiece.

Three states — California, Florida and Oklahoma — reported record highs in new single-day coronavirus cases, while hospitalizations hit a new peak in Arizona, where intensive care units have quickly filled.

Even as case numbers climb, reports circulated that the federal government is poised to stop providing federal aid to testing sites in some hard-hit states, including Texas, prompting a top federal official to respond that testing was on the rise.

How many times do we have to tell you that WAPO lies it's collective asses off, then you enable them by posting their bs. The Dow Jones did not drop over 700 points.

A late-day rally drove the Dow, which had declined by as much as 236 points earlier in the day, 299 points higher – a 1.2% gain to 25,745. The S&P 500 finished up 1.1% to 3,083, the tech-heavy Nasdaq gained 1.1% to 10,017, and the small-cap Russell 2000 closed 1.7% higher to 1,413.
What? WAPO isn’t lying, you’re simply talking about two different days. Your paragraph refers to today (Thursday), while it dropped 700 points yesterday (Wednesday):

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergeikleb ... 6f12e71930
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:39 pm
Mommamia wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:24 pm

What? WAPO isn’t lying, you’re simply talking about two different days. Your paragraph refers to today (Thursday), while it dropped 700 points yesterday (Wednesday):

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergeikleb ... 6f12e71930
Then lemons should have added 'yesterday' to her statement. Otherwise, it reads as if she said it dropped 700 points today. And since it went way back up, it isn't significant that it was down yesterday.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I will go on record in saying that President Trump has failed miserably when it comes to his....attitude, I guess you'd say.....about Covid 19 as have numerous states and their local governments, my own included.

And honestly, it's not about political parties or politics at all in this pandemic situation and the failures we've seen for months now from so many at the same time.

All I can do personally is do what I feel is best for myself and my husband. Our kid's, for that matter, are completely on board. We follow health guidelines and try our damnest to look the other way on the political BS when it comes to this deadly virus and because THAT is the least important aspect of this to us.
Locked Previous topicNext topic